Craft Beer - Post Your Pics!

Glen-BoB

Grampie Blu-Clan
Jan 28, 2009
Dartmouth, NS, CaNaDa
I can't believe there isn't a thread in here strictly for Beer. Well now there is.

So I'm going to Phoenix and this store is about 3 miles from the house I am renting. I need some recommendations of beer they sell. I'm looking for Hoppy beers please. I've had a few of them they sell but not allot. HELP ME OUT!

Thanks

BoB

Now I looked at the website and found out if you want to you could spend a couple hundred buckos. I know I would but below are the IPA's I suggest and below that are beers I would suggest trying. I would do some searching around on Beeradvocate.com to learn what beers you may be interested in. Reading the reviews may help a lot. Also send me some stuff while you are out there haha.

IPAs
Ballist Point - Sculpin IPA
Bear Republic - Hop Rod Rye, Racer 5 IPA
Dogfish Head - 90 Min IPA
Flying Dog - Raging *****
Green Flash - Imperial IPA, West Coast I.P.A.
Lagunitas - Hop Stoopid, Maximus
Oskar Blues - Gubna
Sierra Nevada - Hoptimum, Torpedo
Stone - Sublimely Self Rightous, Cali-Belgique IPA, Ruination IPA

Beers to try
Firestone Walker 14th Anni
Goose Island - Bourbon County Brand Stout
Jolly Pumpkin beers
Deschutes - Any Reserve Series beer
Lost Abbey beers
Maui - Coconut Porter
New Belgium - La Folie
Oskar Blues - TenFidy
Sierra Nevada - Bigfoot Barleywine
Port Brewing - Old Viscosity, Older Viscosity
Stone- Arrogant Bastard, Double Bastard, Oaked Arrogant Bastard
The Bruery beers

Reactions: Glen-BoB
dooooood! can we make this the beer advice thread? theres a local spirits shop by where i live that usually has good stock of variety brews, but i never know which to venture into or not. sometimes i take a risk, but usually i stick with brews/brewers i know.

heres their website (scroll down for beer). give me some advice for those who are much more knowledgeable than me and ill be really :D

beers i like: reds, hoppy brews like GB, some darks, and wheat brews occasionally.

appreciate any help! :)

dooooood! can we make this the beer advice thread? theres a local spirits shop by where i live that usually has good stock of variety brews, but i never know which to venture into or not. sometimes i take a risk, but usually i stick with brews/brewers i know.

heres their website (scroll down for beer). give me some advice for those who are much more knowledgeable than me and ill be really :D

beers i like: reds, hoppy brews like GB, some darks, and wheat brews occasionally.

That's a nice list. I saw a few on there that I would like to track down and try.

Left Hand - Twin Sisters (IPA) and Wake Up Dead (Barrel Aged Imperial Stout)
Three Floyds - Robert the Bruce (Scottish Ale)
Weyerbacher - Simcoe (Double IPA) Wonder what kind of hops they used? :hilarious:
Rogue's Chipotle Ale could be interesting if you want to try something spicy with an ale.

I would also recommend just about anything from Founders. KBS starts distribution on 3/15! :oohyeah: I like KBS (Kentucky Breakfast Stout), Nemesis, and Dirty Bastard. I've got their Porter at home right now, and I'm looking to try others too.

Aecht Schlenkerla Rauchbier is another really good one that everyone should try at least once... especially if you like bacon or grilling foods.
BaconDance.gif

For you sir i definitely recommend Bells Hopslam!!! other beers are...

Bear Republic
Brassiere Dieu du Ciel- any beer
Bells - anything
Darkhorse - looks like they only have Scotty Karate which is delicious
Oskar blues- Gubna (IPA),
Central Waters Bourbon Barrel Barley Wine is one of my favorite beers of 2010
Southern Tier - Unearthly and Imperial Gemini
Three Floyds - Dreadnaught, and if they have Gumballhead and Alpha King
Tyranena - Hop *****
New Glarus - Raspberry Tart and Belgian Red
Jolly Pumpkin- Anything. They are sour beers and an acquired taste but they are fantastic. I recommend trying one.

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 PM ----------

I would also recommend just about anything from Founders. KBS starts distribution on 3/15! :oohyeah: I like KBS (Kentucky Breakfast Stout), Nemesis, and Dirty Bastard. I've got their Porter at home right now, and I'm looking to try others too.

You know it!!! I am heading out to Founders on Saturday for the release. Hoping to get myself a case of that crack beer.

Reactions: mobius387
That's a nice list. I saw a few on there that I would like to track down and try.

Left Hand - Twin Sisters (IPA) and Wake Up Dead (Barrel Aged Imperial Stout)
Three Floyds - Robert the Bruce (Scottish Ale)
Weyerbacher - Simcoe (Double IPA) Wonder what kind of hops they used? :hilarious:
Rogue's Chipotle Ale could be interesting if you want to try something spicy with an ale.

Aecht Schlenkerla Rauchbier is another really good one that everyone should try at least once... especially if you like bacon or grilling foods.
BaconDance.gif

For you sir i definitely recommend Bells Hopslam!!! other beers are...

Bear Republic
Brassiere Dieu du Ciel- any beer
Bells - anything
Darkhorse - looks like they only have Scotty Karate which is delicious
Oskar blues- Gubna (IPA),
Central Waters Bourbon Barrel Barley Wine is one of my favorite beers of 2010
Southern Tier - Unearthly and Imperial Gemini
Tyranena - Hop *****
New Glarus - Raspberry Tart and Belgian Red
Jolly Pumpkin- Anything. They are sour beers and an acquired taste but they are fantastic. I recommend trying one.

thanks dudes! :)

Bells - anything
Tyranena - Hop *****
New Glarus - Belgian Red

You know it!!! I am heading out to Founders on Saturday for the release. Hoping to get myself a case of that crack beer.

I definitely want to try all of these and I forgot that you get to try the "early" release of KBS. Lucky. I'll probably pick up my usual 4pk. I let a couple from last year age all the way up to last week. I was amazed at the change in flavor. It mellowed out a lot.

It's been a little bittersweet for me in the beer world lately. I drank the last bottle of my first batch of home brew and I drank the last bottle of last year's KBS, but my Irish Stout has matured in flavor a lot over the past couple of weeks and that has been super tasty.

You American friends of mine may think that our health care is pretty awesome but as you will soon see, it comes at a price. We have a Domestic Beer called "Moosehead". It's the equivalent of your garden variety "garbage" beers like Bud, Coors and Miller. I was just browsing the Bevmo site and saw that they have it down there as an import at $12.99 for a 12/pk.

Here's what we pay for that same case of beer up here thanks to our wonderful taxes.

as a matter of fact most of the beers listed on the Bevmo site that we can get here are ALL double in price here. AND OUR DOLLAR IS WORTH MORE THAT YOURS RIGHT NOW!!!

Thanks Canadian health care.

lol, sorry, had to get that off my chest.

Ended up getting this:

IMAG0062.jpg

Central Waters Satin Solstice Imp Stout, Bear Republic Red Rocket Ale, Founders Red's Rye P.A.

Thanks guys! I'm gonna have some of the CW and Founders tonight. I'll let you guys know what I think

Last edited by a moderator:
Well not drinking Beer is still the best way to not need a new Liver, so it all works out somehow. If the Beer was Cheaper... The Liver would be more expensive, Thats how they do it here in the states.

Well not drinking Beer is still the best way to not need a new Liver, so it all works out somehow. If the Beer was Cheaper... The Liver would be more expensive, Thats how they do it here in the states.

just drink in moderation and your liver will be OK. it actually takes a LONG time to do permanent damage to your liver from alcohol ingestion. buuuut, once there is cirrhosis there is no coming back. even if you never have a drop again.

And in the US the most common cause of liver transplant is Hep C, not alcoholic cirrhosis, so the best way to not need a new liver is don't sleep around!!! Actually, the most common cause of needing a 2nd liver transplant is also Hep C...

sorry, gotta use this medical knowledge sometime :p

by the way, thanks everyone for their input. I'll definitely betrying some of these. Very Curious about the KBS beer tho. When and Where can I get my hands on some of this???

me too!

Last edited:
just drink in moderation and your liver will be OK. it actually takes a LONG time to do permanent damage to your liver from alcohol ingestion. buuuut, once there is cirrhosis there is no coming back. even if you never have a drop again.

And in the US the most common cause of liver transplant is Hep C, not alcoholic cirrhosis, so the best way to not need a new liver is don't sleep around!!! Actually, the most common cause of needing a 2nd liver transplant is also Hep C...

sorry, gotta use this medical knowledge sometime :p

me too!

First things first there is a bumper sticker that Bells makes that says "If God wanted us to filter our beer, he wouldn't have given us livers" and i find that very humorous haha.

Secondly, the few of you that were wondering about KBS. Mobius if you can find Red's Rye I think you can find KBS just ask in advance if it will be available around you. Most stores get about a case or two and then they usually only sell a bottle per person and they dont put it on the shelves. at least thats how it is around here. Horhay and Glen, I am going to the KBS release on Saturday. If i get a case I could send you a couple bottles no problem. Glen it may be easier if I send it to you when you are in arizona. Thats all. DRINK CRAFT BEER!!!

oh my goodness. that would be cool Splax. I am staying at a house so that would be no problem. BUT, i shall find out if that place has it then will get on here and let you know.

yup just let me know it takes about 4 days if i ship out west. i can also send you some other delicious beers from Michigan

You American friends of mine may think that our health care is pretty awesome but as you will soon see, it comes at a price. We have a Domestic Beer called "Moosehead". It's the equivalent of your garden variety "garbage" beers like Bud, Coors and Miller. I was just browsing the Bevmo site and saw that they have it down there as an import at $12.99 for a 12/pk.

Here's what we pay for that same case of beer up here thanks to our wonderful taxes.

as a matter of fact most of the beers listed on the Bevmo site that we can get here are ALL double in price here. AND OUR DOLLAR IS WORTH MORE THAT YOURS RIGHT NOW!!!

Thanks Canadian health care.

lol, sorry, had to get that off my chest.

Wow $22 for a 12 pack .... must be a fortune to get drunk in CA-NA-DA!

That's like living in LA and paying their prices. :p