Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: February 22, 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £22.99
Note: Limited to 3000

11181133-1904338155990880.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
With certain horrors as good as they are they can kinda be one watch, has anyone seen this??

Pre ordered for now, waiting to see if this goes the same way as the Ex-Machina and Under the Skin steelbook's, if it end's up another Lucy, Equalizer etc, I'll cancel......

I imagine (hope) that it will go the same way as other super expensive 1 disc new release steels. The Equalizer and Lucy are both now about £10.

If this hasn't sold out by release date then I'll cancel and wait for the price drop.

Exactly my thinking ;)

The price is not that expensive for a pre order of a steelbook considering it is a new film only just had its Cinema Release this Friday Oct 16th
Most new film releases are expensive with steelbooks when they are new films that just has a release in the cinema or not even got its cinema release yet
The price of this steelbook is similar to previous prices for a Universal release of new films that got a steelbook release
It's not a back catalogue release where you expect the price to be a lot less

I was lucky on a few of these previous pre orders to notice a temporary price drops during pre order period and with a discount code reduce further
A few previous new Universal releases steelbooks like Lucy and the Equalizer the price did drop during pre order for a brief period but later went back to the same high price before release date but as already known these did not sell that well and a few months later dropped in price a lot

If it don't sell well as a pre order it might drop in price soon after release date but otherwise if lot still in stock a few months after release date then you can expect as usual varied price drops happen from a few pounds to a bargain price at some stage if it don't sell well

I just always Pre Order and made a decision closer to release date if I cancel and wait for a later price drop most times you will be ok but some do sell out or sell well to not see a price drop

For me to cancel a pre order it depends on how much I want that release and how my bank balance is at the time
I usually keep my pre orders though if it's a release I want for release date and don't want to wait a few months for a price drop as I want delivery as soon as it's available but sometimes I don't have any choice but to cancel as funds are low at the time

I like the artwork of this steelbook and from what I have seen so far it looks like a film I would like a lot

Reactions: spookz
Fantastic film! If you like del Toro's previous films, definitely go to see it. Crimson Peak is his second best film after Pan's Labyrinth for me now. Such a haunting tale with really deep atmosphere. Only the magnificent mansion, one of the best horror mansions I've ever seen, is a good enough reason to go to watch this. And such a good directing from del Toro, I thought he's usually a better producer and screenwriter but with this film I'll take it back. In addition certainly delicious performances from Chastain and Hiddleston. Will be buying this steelbook. :thumbs: