Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: February 22, 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £22.99
Note: Limited to 3000

11181133-1904338155990880.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
watched it yesterday! to me it was boring, i was really eager to go see it because Gillermo del Toro was involved but....saved some money here, i like the steel...but not enough to buy it...

Love the art and those colours... not 100% sure about the gold though. Looks great overall!

I like the back but not so much the front. I'll wait for in hand photos.
Could turn out really nice

That looks beautiful and those colours really pop, especially on the back. And this steel is being done by Universal who have a pretty good track record with EX_Machina, Lucy, The Wolf of Wall Street and all the Jurassic Park films all having excellent steelbooks. So fingers crossed the trend continues here and we see something pretty special.

That looks beautiful and those colours really pop, especially on the back. And this steel is being done by Universal who have a pretty good track record with EX_Machina, Lucy, The Wolf of Wall Street and all the Jurassic Park films all having excellent steelbooks. So fingers crossed the trend continues here and we see something pretty special.

Dont forget 47 Ronin. That was a stunner :thumbs:

Reactions: RepoMan90
I would guess the blu banner is part of the j-card. I can’t remember the last time I've seen a permanent blue banner on a UK or WWA steelbook.
Glancing through my U.K. steelbooks the most recent I can spot with a blue banner is the Zavvi 1-disc STAR TREK XI (White Edition) reissue from May 2013 of the Play.com original 3-discer from November 2009.
Before that the HMV Exclusive WAR HORSE from May 2012 and I can see a fair few before that (easily spotted as arranged by release dates).

Expensive for a listed 1 disc steelbook, despite the interesting stylised artwork, though Zavvi's mock-up clearly shows a 2 disc hub . . .

TBH I would rather spend this amount of over 20 quid on two catalogue titles in steelbook @GBP 9.99 each such "Crimson Tide" and "Dante's Peak" if I had the choice despite being a fan of most of the stuff he's been involved with as producer, in particularly "Julia's Eyes" and "The Orphanage", and to a lesser extent the films he has directed himself.

Anyway, it's academic ATM as showing "Zavvi Sold out" - got to say that 3,000 copies sold at 23 quid each would be a stretch of the imagination and maybe another case for suspension of disbelief.
Don't see this as another "Under the Skin" with its 2,000 print run . . .

Last edited:
Glancing through my U.K. steelbooks the most recent I can spot with a blue banner is the Zavvi 1-disc STAR TREK XI (White Edition) reissue from May 2013 of the Play.com original 3-discer from November 2009.
Before that the HMV Exclusive WAR HORSE from May 2012 and I can see a fair few before that (easily spotted as arranged by release dates).

Expensive for a listed 1 disc steelbook, despite the interesting stylised artwork, though Zavvi's mock-up clearly shows a 2 disc hub . . .

TBH I would rather spend this amount of over 20 quid on two catalogue titles in steelbook @GBP 9.99 each such "Crimson Tide" and "Dante's Peak" if I had the choice despite being a fan of most of the stuff he's been involved with as producer, in particularly "Julia's Eyes" and "The Orphanage", and to a lesser extent the films he has directed himself.

Anyway, it's academic ATM as showing "Zavvi Sold out" - got to say that 3,000 copies sold at 23 quid each would be a stretch of the imagination and maybe another case for suspension of disbelief.
Don't see this as another "Under the Skin" with its 2,000 print run . . .
B4MesE5IUAAKw-K.jpg