Criterion Price Drop & Sales/last purchased thread @ hidefninja

It makes me sad looking through this thread... so many great releases! Hopefully most of the ones I'm interested in eventually make their way over to the UK.

• Thanks
Reactions: 1990ge and Sigill
The transfer on SPEEDY is stunning. It looks like it was shot yesterday!
3E7F99E6-B9BC-4A99-AEBE-4AE900923DF8.PNG

2411F82A-D737-4DB7-9111-5A4DBF3BE4CD.PNG
1D4FF2F0-4ACE-4A7A-B589-A77F68475243.PNG
CEAB57AD-4149-4CBD-B443-4CBB0767D357.PNG
8E77C3DD-0979-4758-95EB-69EAEA172CD5.PNG

• Thanks
Reactions: PunkNinja
Congrats! Which titles you choose?

Btw, the rating logo is still printed on the cover right?
Here Comes Mr Jordan, Tootsie, The In-Laws and Dr Strangelove... not that I need yet another copy of that, but I can't resist such a gorgeous looking digipack! :drool:

Yeah, they all come with printed rating logos unfortunately. I wish Criterion would take a note from Powerhouse/Indicator and do reverse sleeves with clean artwork on one side... or maybe just use rating logo stickers (I suppose they'd have to for digipacks).

• Thanks
Reactions: lolwut and dan8885
Here Comes Mr Jordan, Tootsie, The In-Laws and Dr Strangelove... not that I need yet another copy of that, but I can't resist such a gorgeous looking digipack! :drool:

Yeah, they all come with printed rating logos unfortunately. I wish Criterion would take a note from Powerhouse/Indicator and do reverse sleeves with clean artwork on one side... or maybe just use rating logo stickers (I suppose they'd have to for digipacks).

Great picks! I'm desperate to get the Film Noir ones- Cat People, In a lonely Place and Gilda.
Maybe I should let my fear of the printed logo go and enjoy some Criterion for cheap.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Great picks! I'm desperate to get the Film Noir ones- Cat People, In a lonely Place and Gilda.
Maybe I should let my fear of the printed logo go and enjoy some Criterion for cheap.
If you're desperate mate, then I'd say go for it... especially at those prices! Thankfully there's no rating logos on the spines, so they look exactly like the US versions when they're all lined up on your shelf. ;)

Just a heads up, today is the last day of B&Ns Criterion 50 % off sale!

I wanted to order the Cassavetes Boxset but it's, of course, sold out by now at B&N :bucktooth:
So I'm sorting out my wishlist to get 5-6 Keep Cases. Hard time to choose!

So I'm sorting out my wishlist to get 5-6 Keep Cases. Hard time to choose!
Yeah, I know exactly, what you mean... :)
I'm currently hesitating between "forget it, I've ordered just enough titles during this sale" vs. "yeah, I still have time to order 3 more, to shrink my wishlist, but if I do which titles to choose?"

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885
Yeah, I know exactly, what you mean... :)
I'm currently hesitating between "forget it, I've ordered just enough titles during this sale" vs. "yeah, I still have time to order 3 more, to shrink my wishlist, but if I do which titles to choose?"

Which ones did you ordered in this sale? Give me inspiration :D

Which ones did you ordered in this sale? Give me inspiration :D

Sure thing, but none of them was delivered to date.

Cul-De-Sac by Polanski
Pan's Labyrinth by del Toro (since I already had Cronos and Devil's Backbone, but looking at your pics and knowing that B&N packs well the Trilogy... oh, well...)
La Notte by Antonioini
Bitter Tears of Petra Kant by Fassbinder
Rushmore by Anderson
Breathless by Godard (the new edition without the DVD)
Short Cuts by Altman
Boyhood by Linklater
Noah and the Whale by Baumbach
Punch-Drunk Love by PTA
Down By Law by JJ
Ice Storm by Ang Lee
Red Shoes by MP/EP
Certified Copy by Kiarostami (R.I.P.)
Gomorra by Garrone

Yeah, I think I should quit for now. :)

Sure thing, but none of them was delivered to date.

Cul-De-Sac by Polanski
Pan's Labyrinth by del Toro (since I already had Cronos and Devil's Backbone, but looking at your pics and knowing that B&N packs well the Trilogy... oh, well...)
La Notte by Antonioini
Bitter Tears of Petra Kant by Fassbinder
Rushmore by Anderson
Breathless by Godard (the new edition without the DVD)
Short Cuts by Altman
Boyhood by Linklater
Noah and the Whale by Baumbach
Punch-Drunk Love by PTA
Down By Law by JJ
Ice Storm by Ang Lee
Red Shoes by MP/EP
Certified Copy by Kiarostami (R.I.P.)
Gomorra by Garrone

Yeah, I think I should quit for now. :)

DAMN! You went all in I see :OMG::wacky::wow:EEK!:thumbs:

I only own from these: Pan's (in the new Boxset), Breathless (the first release) and Red Shoes.

Intrigued now by a lot from them. I need to do a little research now :yawn: Thank you :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

@dan8885 these are the titles in my shopping cart right now.
Revanche
Samurai Trilogy
Charade
Gilda
Lord of the Flies
Cat People
Manchurian Candidate

To Be or Not to Be

Thank you Punk! Awesome selection :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

I only own Charade from them. Gilda and Cat People I probably pick up this month from the Criterion UK line. Both great Film Noir. I adore Film Noir :shy:

But there are some gems I also need to do research :angel:

I'm trying to avoid box sets and digipack for now.

Me too mate. I only go for Keep Cases for this order. If you receive a damaged Keep Case please let me know before I send you your package, I got 10 empty Scanavo Cases here to exchange.

• Thanks
Reactions: PunkNinja