Criterion Price Drop & Sales/last purchased thread @ hidefninja

So the Bicycle Thieves went also OOS now. Seems like a lot of people using the last day of the sale. I need to get my order in :ohno:

Actually I'm going back and forth form here to B&N browsing the CC section. :LOL:

Me too :LOL: I totally forgot Yi Yi from Edward Yang. One I also really wanted to pick up but surprise it's also OOS by now :vomit:

Note that there are some $14,99 Criterions:

1.png

Ohne Titel2.png

• Thanks
Reactions: PunkNinja
Three Outlaw Samurai and Wings of Desire are in my wishlist.

In my too, because all Criterion Blu-ray releases are on there :p

Wings of Desire is $19,99 though. But one of my favorite films ever. But I own the german Wim Wenders Collection on Blu-ray so I'm pushing all Wenders back and trying to get new movies to the collection.
But at one point I definitely will upgrade

• Thanks
I'll definitely buy:
I'm highly considering:
I already have Blood Simple, McCabe, Bicycle Thieves, World On Wire.
Awesome, awesome movies and releases. This year I've decided to bite the bullet, and pre-order a lot of these fancy releases to ease the burden of future sales. Plus you likely get mint copies upon their release date.

Arrow did better job with The Killers IMHO, releasing the two movies as two releases. You might want to check them before you pull the trigger.

Brief Encounter is definitely a must-buy for me as well, but I've heard nothing about the Pink Horse. I'll check it.

Wings of Desire is sold out. :grumpy:
In case of amazon.com, I actually like when titles go OOS, because you can order them at reduced prices, you'll get charged several weeks later.
Plus you'll have higher chance to get mint copies, because all the shelf-worn ones are taken away during sale. :)

• Helpful Post
I already have Blood Simple, McCabe, Bicycle Thieves, World On Wire.
Awesome, awesome movies and releases. This year I've decided to bite the bullet, and pre-order a lot of these fancy releases to ease the burden of future sales. Plus you likely get mint copies upon their release date.

Arrow did better job with The Killers IMHO, releasing the two movies as two releases. You might want to check them before you pull the trigger.

Brief Encounter is definitely a must-buy for me as well, but I've heard nothing about the Pink Horse. I'll check it.

Thanks for the heads up with The Killers but it was too late, I already ordered. I didn't knew that Arrow also released them.
Since I adore Film Noir maybe I double dip once Arrow put them on sale. I'll look up what the main differences is between the Criterion and Arrow release.

Pulled the trigger on these titles before Cat People goes OOS.
Revanche
A Brighter Summer Day
Charade
Lord of the Flies
Cat People

Great choices bud! Revanche was really intriguing but I went now for the ones I've chosen at first:

0715515186216_p0_v2_s192x300.jpg
0715515184014_p0_v1_s192x300.jpg
0715515141512_p0_v3_s192x300.jpg
0715515175012_p0_v1_s192x300.jpg
0715515150910_p0_v1_s192x300.jpg
0715515092012_p0_v2_s192x300.jpg

In case of amazon.com, I actually like when titles go OOS, because you can order them at reduced prices, you'll get charged several weeks later.
Plus you'll have higher chance to get mint copies, because all the shelf-worn ones are taken away during sale. :)

Amazon US is no option for me since I need to pay custom tax. With B&N and cheapest shipping the package comes with a ship through Austria and is most of the time custom free ..

@zoltan_g I'm not really worry about keep cases, so far I haven't receive any damage ones (knock on wood).
Slipcases, digipacks and box sets are different stories though.

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885