Criterion Price Drop & Sales/last purchased thread @ hidefninja

4 of 6 from the B&N sale arrived without customs and mint :D

222.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: PunkNinja
Amazon US gift wrap option for better protection :D

The Criterion Designs Hardcover. Wanted this for so long :drool:

View attachment 302447 View attachment 302448
The gift wrap option is a letdown. It actually says "Gift Bag/Box" but they only send them in a bag. But they deliver my order faster though.
Ken told me that amazon JP actually send them in a box inside the shipping box.

Thanks @dan8885!!
Have you ever purchased CC from the UK? Is there any difference between these and the US counterparts, apart from the rating logos and different region lock of course?
My issue is that I have 100+ US editions, and the OCD in me is sort of clueless. #firstworldproblem

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885
Thanks @dan8885!!
Have you ever purchased CC from the UK? Is there any difference between these and the US counterparts, apart from the rating logos and different region lock of course?
My issue is that I have 100+ US editions, and the OCD in me is sort of clueless. #firstworldproblem

No I didn't purchased any before. And no there's no difference except the rating logos and region lock. Same discs, same content ..

When they first announced them for the UK and I saw the rating logos I also thought about passing. Especially since Criterion cover art is so beautiful.
But it's stupid. It's the disc that counts, the movie and bonus content is more important than the small rating logos. And I'm not in the US so buying US Criterion is quite expensive.
So I just bought my first four UK Criterion. Akira Kurosawa's Dreams, Day for Night, In a Lonely Place & Punch-Drunk Love. At Zoom with SIGNUP10 for additional 10% off for 45 GBP.
That's a bargain for Criterion!