Custom car/new ride? Post pics here!

Ooooohhh New thread :oohyeah:

Well I dont really have anything too fancy going on because its a newer car but its slowly coming along

First off this is the next thing im planning on getting... If this damn weather clears up for me....
attachment.php

Then I plan on getting HID'S for my front lights
underbody lighting
exhaust modification.

And whenever I have my car paid off ill start swapping out parts.

I have interior 7 color lighting 6 piece kit. I have 4 bars up front and 2 in the back. I got the kit from ledglow.com and installed myself....
attachment.php

Thanks to my state the back can be any tint. This is 5% (limo tint) it was the darkest they had until the new 2.5%. Anyways its very dark.
attachment.php

The side front windows are 25% (state allowance it 35 % so it is "illegal"but they are so close you cant tell them apart :p
attachment.php

And just because :D
attachment.php

Attachments

• konill.bcb.ang.jpg
    konill.bcb.ang.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 390
  • 1466216_10152087038751399_132041943_n (1).jpg
    1466216_10152087038751399_132041943_n (1).jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 352
  • 1002117_10151750459056399_453028188_n.jpg
    1002117_10151750459056399_453028188_n.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 362
  • 1001501_10151749003526399_1134269386_n.jpg
    1001501_10151749003526399_1134269386_n.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 343
  • 968903_10151799642676399_1714209152_n.jpg
    968903_10151799642676399_1714209152_n.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 335
I traded this in last year, but I did or had done more custom things with this car than any I'd ever owned.

2010 Camaro SS (quite a few modifications 525RWHP/548RWTQ)

Complete modification list:

Cosmetic: Heritage grille, smoked fog light covers, powdercoated calipers, MPD1 spoiler, afterburner taillights, custom painted rear bowtie, removed GM and Camaro lettering, swapped out the chrome taillight surrounds with a matte black finish and tinted windows.

Performance: Comp cam, valve springs, ported heads, Stainless Works long tubes with high flow cats, Roto-fab CAI, Whipple 2.9L Twin Screw Supercharger, Boost/AFR gauges, Borla exhaust, Brake Performance slotted/drilled rotors, Goodridge SS brake lines and Hawks' ceramic pads.

Suspension: Pedders' coilovers, BMR toe rods, trailing arms, rear bushings, tunnel brace and Eibach sway bars.

Audio: JL Audio component speakers for the front, 6x9 for rear and 12" W6 sub powered by JL amps.

Wheels:1st set were 20" TSW Vairano wheels and a year later I dropped down to a lightweight 18"x10" forged set up wrapped in Nitto 555s up front and 555r in the rear.

First day home

attachment.php

First time I swapped wheels

attachment.php

Whipple 2.9L Twin screw blower

attachment.php

Boost & AFR gauges

attachment.php

Custom powdercoated calipers

attachment.php

The way it looked when I traded it in.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I traded this in last year, but I did or had done more custom things with this car than any I'd ever owned.

Cosmetic: Heritage grille, smoked fog light covers, powdercoated calipers, MPD1 spoiler, afterburner taillights, custom painted rear bowtie, removed GM and Camaro lettering, swapped out the chrome taillight surrounds with a matte black finish and tinted windows.

Performance: Comp cam, valve springs, ported heads, Stainless Works long tubes with high flow cats, Roto-fab CAI, Whipple 2.9L Twin Screw Supercharger, Boost/AFR gauges, Borla exhaust, Brake Performance slotted/drilled rotors, Goodridge SS brake lines and Hawks' ceramic pads.

Suspension: Pedders' coilovers, BMR toe rods, trailing arms, rear bushings, tunnel brace and Eibach sway bars.

Audio: JL Audio component speakers for the front, 6x9 for rear and 12" W6 sub powered by JL amps.

Wheels:1st set were 20" TSW Vairano wheels and a year later I dropped down to a lightweight 18"x10" forged set up wrapped in Nitto 555s up front and 555r in the rear.

First day home

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Boost & AFR gauges

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

:drool: Love this car! :scat:

FINALLY got some nice rims put on..... Hopefully weather stays nice....SNOWED last week....

Looks like Im going to have to put off steels and cut back :hilarious:

I debated size for a while. I wanted 18's but we have so many potholes every year from winter I was afraid to crack my rim. Also to top it off two people before me at the store today had cracked rims. Both guys actually let me see the damage to the rims on their cars. Both were wealthy individuals and did not seem to care. I however dont so I settled for some 17's.

They are Drag DR-33'S High Black gloss

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1939823_10152296653966399_1027231258_n.jpg
    1939823_10152296653966399_1027231258_n.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 357
  • 1524620_10152296653981399_953191523_n.jpg
    1524620_10152296653981399_953191523_n.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 368
Reactions: zoneism and ocielz

First day home

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Boost & AFR gauges

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Oh my I fxxxxxg love this car

I just ordered these side decals for my Scion.
image.jpg

Some carbon fiber vinyl wrap for my mirrors and then I'll place these Dope Scion decals which just came in yesterday on the back side of them.
image.jpg image.jpg

Also got these three in the mail this past week too. I plan to wrap my fuel door in carbon fiber and placing the skull decal on top of it.
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

I was going to get the 18 inch Ace Alloy: Convex rims but found these Five:AD S7's that are 19 inch wheels, gunmetal grey which are much nicer IMO. Haven't ordered yet as I'm still trying to decide.
image.jpg

Got these racing extended lug nuts. I'll probably go ahead and put them on this weekend to try them out.
image.jpg

Replaced all my interior lighting with these LED 6000k white lights.
image.jpg

Also got these Halo Projector fog lights but I need to get a friend to help me install them.
image.jpg

Reactions: Xavier
I've found Powder Coating to the rims to be awfully flashy and would definitely catch more attention than a non powder coated rim. Very nice indeed :D. There are so many thousands of options to go with trying to decide on a set of rims, it's very difficult to decide on what I want. Found a couple of places here close to where I live that will powder coat each rim for $100. I looked around and that's not really a bad price. Anyways I found these that this color would go really nice with my new car.

db_file_img_5758_575xauto.jpg

Very nice Acid what type of Scion do you have?

Nice powder coat btw !

Well wanted to share my updates with my civic. Late last year someone scuffed my rear bumper badly but thankfully I had a nice layer of wax put on the week before so it all Buffed out besides 1 tiny hairline scratch at the bottom bumper. So I decided to plasti dip the rear bumper.It is basically rubber paint that can be removed at any time, I also did the mirrors door handles gas lid and part of my tail lights. I installed underbody lights as well in the middle of winter TERRIBLE idea with no garage.

Jan of this year I had a family loss which really brought me down and in my state I splurged on a Carbon fiber hood. I also got colored H emblems ordered from canada. I have a Bunch of emblems on my car Avengers Xmen Transformers Serenity ect.

In March Honda announced several new makeovers and body styles for 2016 and up starting with all civics will have Turbo engines. So I decided to pause work on the car ...A week or so later a 2010 scion TC caught my attention a the dealer across the street and I had to have it for the price they were offering. Only mods so far is I got rims in for it today.

attachment.php

attachment.php

11109328_10153243319321399_4727111478840865681_n.jpg
11218939_10153261483516399_5967646202180713446_n.jpg

Reactions: Lone Crusader
Very nice Acid what type of Scion do you have?

Nice powder coat btw !

Well wanted to share my updates with my civic. Late last year someone scuffed my rear bumper badly but thankfully I had a nice layer of wax put on the week before so it all Buffed out besides 1 tiny hairline scratch at the bottom bumper. So I decided to plasti dip the rear bumper.It is basically rubber paint that can be removed at any time, I also did the mirrors door handles gas lid and part of my tail lights. I installed underbody lights as well in the middle of winter TERRIBLE idea with no garage.

Jan of this year I had a family loss which really brought me down and in my state I splurged on a Carbon fiber hood. I also got colored H emblems ordered from canada. I have a Bunch of emblems on my car Avengers Xmen Transformers Serenity ect.

In March Honda announced several new makeovers and body styles for 2016 and up starting with all civics will have Turbo engines. So I decided to pause work on the car ...A week or so later a 2010 scion TC caught my attention a the dealer across the street and I had to have it for the price they were offering. Only mods so far is I got rims in for it today.

attachment.php

attachment.php

View attachment 161496 View attachment 161497
I have a 2012 Scion tC Release Series 7.0 #81 out of 2200. Picked it up for 18k and only had 17,200 miles on it. It comes stock with a TRD racing package. Front and side splitters, racing seats, push button start/stop, remote and keyless entry. I've already modified the engine and put a Weapon-R Secret Weapon cold air intake in it, changed the factory taillights out to LED ones. Also changed all the interior lighting out to 6000k white light LED's as well as the licence plate lights too. Also bought some racing petals and some red with blue caps extended tuner lug nuts. Here's some pictures.

Weapon R.jpg _MG_2446.jpg _MG_2447.jpg IMG_0275.jpg IMG_0277.jpg IMG_0278.jpg IMG_0279.jpg IMG_0281.jpg

What kind of rims did you get? That carbon fiber hood looks exactly like the one I want, is that a Carbon Creations or Seibon hood? I'm not really keen on plasti-dip but I like carbon fiber a lot so I'm going to wrap my side mirrors and fuel door and few other little things in that 4D Carbon Fiber vinyl. I also changed my mind at the last minute before I bought the side decals above because there are so many options now I have some tribal graphics in mind for the racing decals.

I have a 2012 Scion tC Release Series 7.0 #81 out of 2200. Picked it up for 18k and only had 17,200 miles on it. It comes stock with a TRD racing package. Front and side splitters, racing seats, push button start/stop, remote and keyless entry. I've already modified the engine and put a Weapon-R Secret Weapon cold air intake in it, changed the factory taillights out to LED ones. Also changed all the interior lighting out to 6000k white light LED's as well as the licence plate lights too. Also bought some racing petals and some red with blue caps extended tuner lug nuts. Here's some pictures.

View attachment 161538 View attachment 161539 View attachment 161540 View attachment 161541 View attachment 161542 View attachment 161543 View attachment 161544 View attachment 161545

What kind of rims did you get? That carbon fiber hood looks exactly like the one I want, is that a Carbon Creations or Seibon hood? I'm not really keen on plasti-dip but I like carbon fiber a lot so I'm going to wrap my side mirrors and fuel door and few other little things in that 4D Carbon Fiber vinyl. I also changed my mind at the last minute before I bought the side decals above because there are so many options now I have some tribal graphics in mind for the racing decals.

That is AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!! Mine is a 2010 Release Series 6.0 #963 our of 1,100. Mine had 36,900 on it when I got it just under $14k with taxes. I am looking at Headlights and taillights install over the next month because my headlights have very poor visibility they were just buffed out to remove the cloud build up. I will be getting all the windows re-tinted when I am out of state in the fall to match my civic %.

Next thing up tho is I am working on removing the silver trim inside the car and re painting it.

The rims I picked up are 18 inch Drag DR 34'S white with machined lip.

The civic hood I picked up is by Seibon and its sooo sweet . It has gotten me a lot of attention and comments when I am out .

Reactions: Lone Crusader
That is AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!! Mine is a 2010 Release Series 6.0 #963 our of 1,100. Mine had 36,900 on it when I got it just under $14k with taxes. I am looking at Headlights and taillights install over the next month because my headlights have very poor visibility they were just buffed out to remove the cloud build up. I will be getting all the windows re-tinted when I am out of state in the fall to match my civic %.

Next thing up tho is I am working on removing the silver trim inside the car and re painting it.

The rims I picked up are 18 inch Drag DR 34'S white with machined lip.

The civic hood I picked up is by Seibon and its sooo sweet . It has gotten me a lot of attention and comments when I am out .
Are you looking to do a HID conversion on your lights or an entire light replacement?

Are you looking to do a HID conversion on your lights or an entire light replacement?
Looking to do both. Will do the housing first for sure and since I will have to take the bumper off I want to do a grill swap as well so if I do that I may wait a few months to do a HID conversion so I can just spread cost out.

Looking to do both. Will do the housing first for sure and since I will have to take the bumper off I want to do a grill swap as well so if I do that I may wait a few months to do a HID conversion so I can just spread cost out.
If your going to install a grill I recommend Grillcraft as they tend to have good quality grills and thorough instruction, I've don't quite a bit of research on them because I want one for mine too.
Once you do get ready for a HID conversion kit I would recommend this Kensun and the Kensun Relay Harness so as to prevent the flickering that most folks talk about after installation, it's caused by low electrical current and the relay will allow it to maintain a constant rate.
As for a full replacement on the headlights I would try at these places. Fast Scions; Andy's Auto Sport & Carid and if you want quality halos I recommend Oracle of Houston.

If your going to install a grill I recommend Grillcraft as they tend to have good quality grills and thorough instruction, I've don't quite a bit of research on them because I want one for mine too.
Once you do get ready for a HID conversion kit I would recommend this Kensun and the Kensun Relay Harness so as to prevent the flickering that most folks talk about after installation, it's caused by low electrical current and the relay will allow it to maintain a constant rate.
As for a full replacement on the headlights I would try at these places. Fast Scions; Andy's Auto Sport & Carid and if you want quality halos I recommend Oracle of Houston.

I was actually looking at some Grillcrafts on ebay they are really beautiful grills. And thanks for the HID tip I had not started researching for my scion Yet.
Thanks for those other links I have been looking on carid quite a bit since I know a few people who have ordered parts from them. Right now I have been looking at possibly getting the Spyder Halo led projectors I really like the smoke however I hear it defeats having the Hids so I may just go for the regular spyder.

@Xavier I have those Spyder Halo Projector fog lights, I'm just waiting for a friend of mine to help me install them. They are very high quality fog lights. The fog projectors are independent from the halos, meaning they each have there own switch so you can use just the halos as DRL's.

@Xavier Here's a picture of mine so you can see the quality of them and the dual rocker switch too.

IMG_0293.jpg

The instructions they include are just one piece of paper and you really can't read it that well because it's of a photo copy of a photo copy of a photo copy etc, if you know what I mean. I've included the PDF file in this post which is pretty much universal for those Spyder fog lights. I had to search high and low to find it but I finally found it on the ScionLife forums buried 10 pages into a section.

Attachments

• FogLightsinst.pdf
    831.6 KB · Views: 1,203