Custom CD SteelBook Concepts

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Share your custom CD SteelBook creations here!

Below is a template I made if you wish to use it...

CD Template.png

• Thanks
Reactions: dfoles
Ahhh, game on, @Noodles. :) Though I find the whole concept of a CD steelbook a little dorky and unnecessary, I will most likely try out some ideas when I get a chance.

Ahhh, game on, @Noodles. :) Though I find the whole concept of a CD steelbook a little dorky and unnecessary, I will most likely try out some ideas when I get a chance.
Are you calling me dorky? Because you're absolutely right if so. :p

Cool! I look forward to seeing your creations. :thumbs:

I worked so hard on the wording so that you wouldn't read it that way. ;) No, your work is, as always, excellent. It's just the CD steelbook itself that seems like an unnecessary niche item.

I worked so hard on the wording so that you wouldn't read it that way. ;) No, your work is, as always, excellent. It's just the CD steelbook itself that seems like an unnecessary niche item.
I was joking anyway bud... I know exactly what you meant and respect your opinion. These clearly aren't for everyone!

Looks great but don’t give them any ideas

We really don’t need cd steelbooks too.

Hoping guardians is the one and only but I can imagine in January they will go heavy on it and announce about 10 at once
Thanks mate. :thumbs:

I honestly don't understand that mentality though... if you don't like them, then just don't buy any, rather than wishing them to not continue. IMO there's nothing wrong with Zavvi releasing more of these for those of us that are a fan. :)

Thanks mate. :thumbs:

I honestly don't understand that mentality though... if you don't like them, then just don't buy any, rather than wishing them to not continue. IMO there's nothing wrong with Zavvi releasing more of these for those of us that are a fan. :)

It’s because they are using better art than the steel even though I like the Walkman version and better art that their lenti steel. Price is stupid and I’d rather have art on the back than the track listing.
Just like big sleeves which are pretty pointless these will be too imo

It’s because they are using better art than the steel even though I like the Walkman version and better art that their lenti steel. Price is stupid and I’d rather have art on the back than the track listing.
Just like big sleeves which are pretty pointless these will be too imo
Hmm yeah, it is kind of ironic that they used the Walkman artwork for the Blu-ray and not for this... would've obviously made a lot more sense! Not that I'm saying I'd prefer that artwork over the one we've been given though lol.

This is only the beginning anyway, so there's plenty of time for them to improve these. I mean, look how movie steels started out... printed info and rating logos galore! Hopefully they eventually move the tracklisting to the interior.

I agree with you in regards to the pricing though... that's my only major complaint at the moment. I don't particularly like spending above £15 on vinyl, so £16 for a CD is a bit of a joke really.