Custom SteelBooks Designs - Post Your Own Concept Art!

Blade Runner 2049 (2017)

#120 Blade Runner 2049 (2) (SC).png

2010: The Year We Make Contact (1984)
I'm a big fan of the original Kubrick film of 2001: A Space Odyssey. I LOVE the steelbook that was released for it by Zavvi, even though I originally missed it when it was sold and I had to buy it from another steelbook collector. One thing I think is a crime is the lack of love for the sequel that followed almost two decades later! I honestly don't even think this has had a Blu Ray release in the UK. Luckily it looks like Germany has, so I think I'm going to grab me a copy of that, but my god do I wish Zavvi would pick up a steelbook for this. This was a spur of the moment thing because the Ready Player One concept I did, I can't really show. Hope you guys like the ideas that I've gone with.

2010.png

my second concept:

Inception

I know this front was already used, and this might not look that good, but my take was on the embossing/debossing. I was inspired by Spider-Man Homecoming and the future Blade Runner 2049 from Filmarena

inception custom steelbook.jpg

I'm a noob at Photoshop, so the debossing/embossing job is not clean and sharp :p
inception front design.jpg

2010: The Year We Make Contact (1984)
I'm a big fan of the original Kubrick film of 2001: A Space Odyssey. I LOVE the steelbook that was released for it by Zavvi, even though I originally missed it when it was sold and I had to buy it from another steelbook collector. One thing I think is a crime is the lack of love for the sequel that followed almost two decades later! I honestly don't even think this has had a Blu Ray release in the UK. Luckily it looks like Germany has, so I think I'm going to grab me a copy of that, but my god do I wish Zavvi would pick up a steelbook for this. This was a spur of the moment thing because the Ready Player One concept I did, I can't really show. Hope you guys like the ideas that I've gone with.

View attachment 367587
I thought this was for 2001 when I saw it posted on your Twitter... oops! :facepalm:

I wasn't a fan of 2010 unfortunately, although maybe I should give it another go. I actually won the blu-ray in a comp, so if I don't enjoy it more on rewatch, then you can have my copy mate. ;)

• Thanks
Reactions: TheJoker
I thought this was for 2001 when I saw it posted on your Twitter... oops! :facepalm:

I wasn't a fan of 2010 unfortunately, although maybe I should give it another go. I actually won the blu-ray in a comp, so if I don't enjoy it more on rewatch, then you can have my copy mate. ;)

I liked it as a sequel where you just get more story. I don’t think it ruins what came before, but it doesn’t make any bold new plot lines. It’s just a here’s why what happened happened, and I really enjoy it.

That’s a mighty kind offer Nick, but I’m hoping you enjoy it. Then that’s at least one person I’ve managed to get to liking it haha

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
I liked it as a sequel where you just get more story. I don’t think it ruins what came before, but it doesn’t make any bold new plot lines. It’s just a here’s why what happened happened, and I really enjoy it.

That’s a mighty kind offer Nick, but I’m hoping you enjoy it. Then that’s at least one person I’ve managed to get to liking it haha
Literally the only thing I can remember about it was trying my best to stay awake lol. Then again, I said the same about 2001 after my first viewing... now it's one of my favourite films! You've actually got me kinda exciting about rewatching 2010 to be honest. :D

• Thanks
Reactions: TheJoker
Star Trek Discovery S1 (2017)
Concept for a Season One. The rear artwork has many similar posters for different characters so future seasons could alternate the characters. I have yet to watch Discovery because I don't have NetFlix, but I hope to soon change all that. (If I can just remember to sign up to it!)

StarTrekDiscovery.png

:thumbs:Yes yes.. OOHH yeah OH yeah you mother F:naughty::thumbs::cool:er. Its a whole, its complete. Don't give a F about the film unfortunately:whistle:
Haha thanks! I always appreciate your feedback. :happy:

It's a film I'll check out since it looks fun at least, but I doubt I'd want to actually own it... I guess we'll see though. :)

• Thanks
Reactions: K.i.T