Custom Videogame SteelBook Designs - Post Your Own Concept Art

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Do you feel like you've got a creative streak and would like to try your hand at designing some custom concept steelbooks? Give it a shot and submit your designs. Whether you know Gimp, Paint, Photoshop or the graphics editor of your choice we would like you to submit your designs and take that small chance that a studio might one day pick up your creativeness and use it on the next steelbook out there.

Everybody's designs are welcome and are treated equal to others. Please also feel free to leave your comments and Thanks on other members designs. This helps promote confidence and assuredness of ones beautiful designs. If you have a request, ask one of the designers to work up a mockup for you and see what they can come up with. We're all here for one thing; Beautiful SteelBooks! Let's make it happen.

Please go to our Resource Manager and download some free Photoshop templates, filters and backdrops to get you started. CLICK HERE!

Thought I'd kick this thread off with a concept for one of my most anticipated games of 2018...

Red Dead Redemption 2

Red Dead 2 (SC).png

Thought I'd kick this thread off with a concept for one of my most anticipated games of 2018...

Red Dead Redemption 2

View attachment 376179

That's amazing but it's sad as I know they'd never do anything quite as good. Video Game Steelbooks are getting as lazy as film ones these days, they just slap something on the steelbook which 9 times out of 10 is worse then the standard retail box art. Remember the Bioshock Collection steelbook compared to the beautiful standard box or the generic Doom one compared to the reverse sleeve box art.

I'm still waiting to see what Rockstar will do for the Red Dead collector's edition

Reactions: Alf_1 and Noodles
That's amazing but it's sad as I know they'd never do anything quite as good. Video Game Steelbooks are getting as lazy as film ones these days, they just slap something on the steelbook which 9 times out of 10 is worse then the standard retail box art. Remember the Bioshock Collection steelbook compared to the beautiful standard box or the generic Doom one compared to the reverse sleeve box art.

I'm still waiting to see what Rockstar will do for the Red Dead collector's edition
Thanks man! And yeah, unfortunately you're right... I get the impression most developers don't even know what collectors want/like - they seem to think that slapping any old artwork on there is an instant winner and fans will go mad for it just because it's a steelbook, which obviously isn't the case. To be honest, I'll be surprised if Rockstar even do a steel for this game... I suppose I'll be ok with that so long as they do an awesome CE! :D

Thanks man! And yeah, unfortunately you're right... I get the impression most developers don't even know what collectors want/like - they seem to think that slapping any old artwork on there is an instant winner and fans will go mad for it just because it's a steelbook, which obviously isn't the case. To be honest, I'll be surprised if Rockstar even do a steel for this game... I suppose I'll be ok with that so long as they do an awesome CE! :D

Yeah usually they think slapping the title of the game on the front cover is enough, like I've always said artwork for steelbooks should be the same or BETTER then the standard box art.

Well they did do a steelbook for GTAV, so there's hope here. Like I've said in another thread by dream collector's edition for this would be a classic old school Safe with the dial to represent the outlaw gangs robbing banks. I'd pay top money if the quality is good enough.

• Thanks
Reactions: Alf_1
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey (2018)
My attempt at 'all over' concepts again for my favourite gaming series. Ubisoft have some gorgeous artwork for their AC games that just goes to waste. The Origins steelbook I thought was quite nice, but looking at the steelbook art for the special editions of Odyssey, I thought there was a possibility of creating something better and these were my attempts.

AssassinsCreedOdyssey.png

AssassinsCreedOdysseyV2.png

My attempt at 'all over' concepts again for my favourite gaming series. Ubisoft have some gorgeous artwork for their AC games that just goes to waste. The Origins steelbook I thought was quite nice, but looking at the steelbook art for the special editions of Odyssey, I thought there was a possibility of creating something better and these were my attempts.

View attachment 378315
View attachment 378316
Very Nice! I really like the stone sculpture version. Nice work. :D

• Thanks
Reactions: TheJoker

View attachment 378315
View attachment 378316
Very nice mate! That second design would work well as interior art IMO. :thumbs:

P.S. I moved your post to the Videogame Steelbook section (I only recently created it, so I don't blame you for not being aware of its existence) :p

• Thanks
Reactions: TheJoker
Someone should make a cool Kingdom Hearts III one considering the one we are getting looks meh

Just so I can be even more disappointed XD

Reactions: Alf_1
I've started a new textless poster thread where anyone is welcome to share or request any posters they have/need.