Dallas Buyers Club (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Kimchidvd Exclusive #18) [Korea]

keyjey

Premium Supporter
Aug 18, 2013
San Francisco, CA
Release date: December 20, 2014
Price: Both Editions are $34.99 (Promotional price)
Purchase link:
Fullslip Edition + 36P Booklet (in English & Korean)
Lenticular Edition + 16P Booklet (in English & Korean)
Pre-order date: October 30th, 10:00AM (Korea Time) Check your local time HERE
Notes:
1/4 slip edition will be available later after exclusive edition pre-order starts.
Lenticular Edition - 1800copies including Korean qty
Fullslip Ediition - 1400copies including Korean qty

List of Kimchidvd Exclusive SteelBook Releases

Package Shots

Type A: Full Slip + 36P Booklet (in English & Korean)

10351251_1630384523855425_3597839199238978863_n.jpg

Type B: Lenti + 16P Booklet (in English & Korean)

997075_1630384553855422_7314961883977559156_n.jpg

dbc.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Both still in stock thats a good news but I think because there were a few other titles coming out which people kept there money saved up for such as Ironman Kimchi, Gladiator Hdzeta and etc but still this is a great movie and is worth having in collection with 2 different looking steelbooks...

Last edited:
I'm not surprised to see this still in stock. It's quite a niche title and the print run is fairly high. I don't think either of the editions look great IMO. I'm sure a lot of fans of the movie do like it though.:)

Of the movies released over the last 12 months, this wasn't one of my favourites. Personally, I would have preferred Steelbook releases of any of the following titles, "12 Years a Slave", "All is Lost", "The Counsellor", "Mandela", "The Railway Man" and "The Grand Budapest Hotel".

That said, however, I'm quite taken with the design of both the Steelbook and the Full Slip.

I'm tempted to put in an order for this but have wavered from doing so because of the debacle with the "Her" release, where the packages were shipped with Kimchi's default value of (USD) $25 stated on the Customs Declaration, so that most UK purchasers got surcharged.

If that is repeated with this release then, given also the recent fall in the value of Sterling, one will be looking at a surcharge of about £11.20. I wouldn't mind if it was simply a case of paying the Import VAT of £3.20 but I really object to the extortionate handling fee of £8 levied by Royal Mail, which jumps to £13.50 if you've selected EMS/Parcel Force.

Did anyone here ever get a response from Kimchi as to what went wrong with the Customs Declaration values? Hopefully, if they're aware of the problem, steps can be taken to prevent a recurrence.

Of the movies released over the last 12 months, this wasn't one of my favourites. Personally, I would have preferred Steelbook releases of any of the following titles, "12 Years a Slave", "All is Lost", "The Counsellor", "Mandela", "The Railway Man" and "The Grand Budapest Hotel".

That said, however, I'm quite taken with the design of both the Steelbook and the Full Slip.

I'm tempted to put in an order for this but have wavered from doing so because of the debacle with the "Her" release, where the packages were shipped with Kimchi's default value of (USD) $25 stated on the Customs Declaration, so that most UK purchasers got surcharged.

If that is repeated with this release then, given also the recent fall in the value of Sterling, one will be looking at a surcharge of about £11.20. I wouldn't mind if it was simply a case of paying the Import VAT of £3.20 but I really object to the extortionate handling fee of £8 levied by Royal Mail, which jumps to £13.50 if you've selected EMS/Parcel Force.

Did anyone here ever get a response from Kimchi as to what went wrong with the Customs Declaration values? Hopefully, if they're aware of the problem, steps can be taken to prevent a recurrence.

My copy of Her was shipped to the UK with the value I selected which was $20...

This movie surpasses 'The Counsellor' in every possible way. That film was absolutely awful and I would be surprised if Kimchi or anybody else for that matter would release it.

Yes, they told me they wouldn't mark anybody's above $20 in future.

Thanks. That's good news. I shall now risk placing an order and hope that nothing goes wrong.

Thanks also for actually answering my question, as opposed to merely rubbishing my taste in recent movies, as one person in this thread has chosen to do.

Last edited:
Upsetting news from KimchiDVD facebook if you wanted this in time for christmas (like I did :()...

Dallas Buyer Club Steelbook

We are sorry that the release-date of the Dallas Buyers Club Steelbook has been postponed due to the subtitle error to 19th Dec. 2014.

We will do our best in order to ship it to you the more faster and safely.

We are so sorry again for your inconvenience.

Upsetting news from KimchiDVD facebook if you wanted this in time for christmas (like I did :()...

Dallas Buyer Club Steelbook

We are sorry that the release-date of the Dallas Buyers Club Steelbook has been postponed due to the subtitle error to 19th Dec. 2014.

We will do our best in order to ship it to you the more faster and safely.

We are so sorry again for your inconvenience.

Damm guess I'm not getting this or Iron Man till January then :/

For crying out loud when will they produce an Asian steelbook that they don't have to apologise for, for one thing or another. It's pretty much every release now, from most retailers.

Reactions: hayemaker
That's a shame, but I appreciate the fact that they at least let us know about the delay in advance (unlike another certain retailer). What is the "subtitle error" they mention though?