Dallas Buyers Club (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Kimchidvd Exclusive #18) [Korea]

keyjey

Premium Supporter
Aug 18, 2013
San Francisco, CA
Release date: December 20, 2014
Price: Both Editions are $34.99 (Promotional price)
Purchase link:
Fullslip Edition + 36P Booklet (in English & Korean)
Lenticular Edition + 16P Booklet (in English & Korean)
Pre-order date: October 30th, 10:00AM (Korea Time) Check your local time HERE
Notes:
1/4 slip edition will be available later after exclusive edition pre-order starts.
Lenticular Edition - 1800copies including Korean qty
Fullslip Ediition - 1400copies including Korean qty

List of Kimchidvd Exclusive SteelBook Releases

Package Shots

Type A: Full Slip + 36P Booklet (in English & Korean)

10351251_1630384523855425_3597839199238978863_n.jpg

Type B: Lenti + 16P Booklet (in English & Korean)

997075_1630384553855422_7314961883977559156_n.jpg

dbc.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Another tag line on the back of the slip? That art would look better without it really.

The overuse of tag lines is spoiling some Korean releases for me. Memento has the same tag line on the front and back of the lenticular slip, on the back of the full slip and the back of the Steelbook. Madness. The tag line on the back of the Steelbook takes away from the artwork and the font used looks like something you would find in Microsoft Word. The only instance it doesn't look out of place is on the front of the lenticular slip, they should have just left it at that.

As for this release, the tag line does slightly spoil the full slip. It also looks a bit out of place on the Steelbook itself. I don't see why they are used, they belong on movie posters not Steelbook artwork.

Last edited:
Reactions: Troll2Fan
I personally don't mind the taglines on the back... I think they're a nice touch. However, I do think the "dare to live" one on the steelbook looks kind of strange since he's actually holding it. One tagline on either side is enough too IMO... anymore and it starts to look like a newspaper. :p

I personally don't mind the taglines on the back... I think they're a nice touch. However, I do think the "dare to live" one on the steelbook looks kind of strange since he's actually holding it. One tagline on either side is enough too IMO... anymore and it starts to look like a newspaper. :p

It wouldn't be so bad now and again but on every single release it just becomes boring, especially when the tag lines aren't iconic or well known. I find it a little mystifying that people complain about borders going through artwork yet have no issue with tag lines all across the artwork. The tag line on the full slip here goes right across his face. It's difficult to tell from the small picture, but it looks like the full slip is going to feature the names of two cast members whereas the Steelbook itself only features one which is a bit silly. It's a pretty minor complaint admittedly but I thought Kimchi were all about attention to detail.

Reactions: lgans316
I only purchased this film on regular amaray under a month ago, and have yet to re-watch it after catching it at the cinema so unfortunately I don't think i'll be dipping in to buy this.
It's a shame as I like the movie, and the artwork used on the steelbook. Just wish that studios would be able to release steelbook versions of new films when they're freshly released to avoid situations like this happening,,,

It's an easy choice between lenticular and full slip for me - full slip it is. I think that those tag lines suit the steelbook, but I'm not so sure about those on the full slip... Full slip looks absolutely great otherwise, and I need to see a bigger picture before I start to judge anything. :p

I have to agree with @snooloui in regards to the tag lines. I love the full slip, but would like it even better without "sometimes it takes a hustler to change the world" on the back. Nevertheless, it will still be a definite purchase for me.

Reactions: lgans316