Daniel Radcliffe's 'Woman in Black' teaser trailer

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA

Based on acclaimed novel and remake of now OOP DVD.

Per Screenrant:

Now that Daniel Radcliffe is all grown up and will see his last Harry Potter film hit theaters this summer, what will the fellow be doing next? It seems the answer is leaving the magical castle of Hogwarts behind him and traveling to a creepy old house in the English countryside, in the film The Woman in Black.

A short teaser trailer for The Woman in Black has been released; while it’s very much a true tease, it’s nonetheless an effective preview that hints at a potentially unnerving and atmospheric ghost story.

The Woman in Black tells the tale of Arthur Kipps (Radcliffe), a young lawyer who travels to the remote English village of Crythin Gifford, having been charged with the task of setting the recently-deceased Alice Drablow’s (Alisa Khazanova) affairs in order. It is there that Kipps glimpses a mysterious women dressed solely in black – and begins to uncover dark secrets that suggest the locals may know more about the specter than they’re willing to admit.

Classic Gothic horror production house Hammer Films (Let Me In) helped finance The Woman in Black, which was scripted by Jane Goldman (Kick-Ass, X-Men: First Class) based off Susan Hill’s original 1983 novel. Woman in Black also features a handful of notable European character actors, including Radcliffe’s Deathly Hallows: Part 2 costar, Ciarán Hinds.

Regardless of whether or not Woman in Black lives up to the teaser’s claims as being “the most chilling ghost story of our time,” this is a fittingly creepy preview that may send a shiver or two up your spine. The brief bits of footage shown look appropriately shadowy and ominous – and while this may not be true for everyone, I for one am always up for an eerie and atmospheric ghost mystery.

Woman in Black will also offer Radcliffe the opportunity to show off his newfound adult acting chops, now that the Harry Potter franchise and movies like December Boys are behind him. He’s continually improved as a thespian over the course of the boy wizard saga, so hopefully Radcliffe will prove all the more successful in his new cinematic venture as well.

The Woman in Black hits UK theaters on February 10th, 2012. We’ll let you know when the film has secured an official U.S. theatrical release date.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I am sure he'll be shaking that notion for some time to come, especially if he hopes to have longevity in acting. Kind of catch 22 for these iconic characters some actors play. It would be a shame if he were always seen as Harry Potter, so I hope he's able to outrun that in the industry and in the mind of viewers in time...

[media=youtube]cSHEYVGaWok[/media]

either way,the Movie's gonna cash in on all his Fan's already from his previous Famous Film's like the Harry Potter legacy...Of course the Sheep will hoard over,Haha.

It's like People Paying to see Nicolas Cage with his One dimension acting skill's every time,Hahah.

Last edited by a moderator: