Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: October 27th, 2016
Purchase links: Amazon DE - Media Markt - Saturn
Price: EUR 40.99 (Saturn) - 44.99 (MM)

Marvel´s-DAREDEVIL---Staffel-1-(Steelbook)-[Blu-ray].png

Last edited by a moderator:
Bodes well for wider release than Agent Carter was. I'm assuming it will be the same art as Zavvi.

What?

Why would you pay extra tax within the EU??

If I buy Daredevil for €36 from zavvi. Then I just pay €36???? Is this a unique German law or something?

Does that mean you have to pay 19% tax on top of the Media Mark't €44.99 price then also?

Because nefilim is still correct with his comment. It still makes no sense to cancel the Zavvi order....

Reactions: Bunk
What?

Why would you pay extra tax within the EU??

If I buy Daredevil for €36 from zavvi. Then I just pay €36???? Is this a unique German law or something?
It is simply your good fortune that the Irish Customs don't pay attention to the sticker on Zavvi shipments: "Community goods consigned to or from a part of the customs territory of the Community where the provisions of Council Directive 77/388/EEC do not apply" :)

I remember that sometime during May/June 2015 customs in several EU countries (noticed a few posts from members at HDN commenting on that) began to pay more attention to these small steelbook parcels from Zavvi and started charging VAT. I never had to pay VAT for Zavvi shipments before that, but quite often after that (when the value exceeds 22 EUR).

As the Channel Islands are not part of the UK (nor the EU), shipments from Zavvi Guernsey are definitely taxable at the border in EU countries.

E.g., for Finns, the Zavvi release price will most likely be 36.29 EUR + VAT = 47.75 EUR (includes 24% VAT).

For me, there would till be a slight price advantage to get the Zavvi release, as I would have to pay shipping for this Media Markt release (and they don't even ship directly abroad).

• Helpful Post
Reactions: BluSteel2012
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand a good choice as Zavvi price is 36.29 € and this is 44.99 €. well done sir !

1. As stated before, we have to pay import fees for Zavvi orders above 26€.
36,29€ + 19% = 43,18€
2. With the Zavvi order beeing shipped from Guernsey to Germany, chances are that it will get damaged (even though that hasn't happened to me personally too many times...).
3. Language support - i'm not 100% sure (and too lazy to check Zavvi's site again tbh), but the Zavvi release probably won't contain german audio (which is only relevant for Germans of course, lol).

To be fair, i do also have arguments FOR Zavvi's release:

1. Earlier release date - according to the information given, Zavvi will release theirs about almost 4 weeks earlier.
2. Potentially different artwork - since i'm a sucker for Marvel steels, i may end up picking them both, if they have different artworks. :)

Well, neither of these retailers ship to the US, so I'm sticking with my Zavvi order

• Thanks
Reactions: Ask