Daredevil - Season 1 (Deluxe Collector's Edition Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

martinouchou

Premium Supporter
Sep 20, 2015
France
Release date: October 3, 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £49.99
Note: Includes Daredevil Season 1 - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook Blu-ray + 5 Daredevil themed items in a limited edition, Daredevil inspired collectors box.

The title treatment and Daredevil silhouette will be embossed. Spot gloss will be used on sections of the front of the Steelbook and the Marvel logo on the back. The Steelbook is white.

Individual SteelBook thread here
11312888-1954401915871173.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ordered but without discount. Hopefully the discount becomes active again while this is still in stock and I can update my order. Just didn't want to risk it selling out seeing as though it's Matvel.

Sounds like a Zbox to me with the word 'inspired' with stuff specifically related to daredevil.

- 5 awesome Daredevil themed items in a limited edition, Daredevil Inspired collectors Box.

Well the word Inspired doesn't turn me off. Not saying I'm getting this yet. But just stating that the word INSPIRED is a great thing. It means they are willing to take a bit of chance. A lot of cool art in the collectible screen print poster world does "inspired by" art. Its how a lot of galleries got their start. Gallery 1988, Hero Complex Gallery etc. Lots of inspired by stuff.... If they took that theme and hired awesome known artists to do their boxes etc it could be something really cool. Granted I think if they did such they would be promoting that such artist designed their box.... so probably not the case, but perhaps in the future.

jury still out on this one.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
So it's a z box?

Basically YES. It has a slightly different box but is similar to other 'special edition' boxes they've done already like the Dr Who or Thunderbirds etc. They've really tried to fool people on this one with all this 'collectors edition' stuff but it's basically I predict will be a zbox with some random daredevil stuff in it. It might not have been too bad if they'd done what they have in the past where the steel is £25 and the zbox deal is maybe £10 more with a code but even with a code this is £18 more and not knowing is a risk, I'll never forget the worst zbox I got was the GOTG with promo junk in it :(

• Thanks
Reactions: lights
The steel looks slick, it reminds me of the Sin City Zavvi exclusive which I liked. Although I won't bite in case Season 2 doesn't get a Steelbook, have to be consistent. :)

• Thanks
Well the word Inspired doesn't turn me off. Not saying I'm getting this yet. But just stating that the word INSPIRED is a great thing. It means they are willing to take a bit of chance. A lot of cool art in the collectible screen print poster world does "inspired by" art. Its how a lot of galleries got their start. Gallery 1988, Hero Complex Gallery etc. Lots of inspired by stuff.... If they took that theme and hired awesome known artists to do their boxes etc it could be something really cool. Granted I think if they did such they would be promoting that such artist designed their box.... so probably not the case, but perhaps in the future.

jury still out on this one.

Everything you said I agree with but this is zavvi, they have taken that word to jazz up a daredevil related Zbox. They did this with civil war (had an iron man and cap box), avengers, guardians etc so it makes sense they will do other themed related zboxes for films

I love inspired stuff when an artist gets it right. Hell my art I do is inspired by stuff or when I write short stories but I'm just saying, it's a standard Zbox jazzed up. Even the pic is of a Zbox box lol

I can imagine one item will be cool and the rest will be old tat. Maybe a pop

Reactions: UpsetSmiley
Everything you said I agree with but this is zavvi, they have taken that word to jazz up a daredevil related Zbox. They did this with civil war (had an iron man and cap box), avengers, guardians etc so it makes sense they will do other themed related zboxes for films

I love inspired stuff when an artist gets it right. Hell my art I do is inspired by stuff or when I write short stories but I'm just saying, it's a standard Zbox jazzed up. Even the pic is of a Zbox box lol

I can imagine one item will be cool and the rest will be old tat. Maybe a pop

Yeah all I'm saying is it sounds like something cool in the works in regards to the concept. But Concept and execution are two different things. I see potential tho.

• Thanks
Reckon I'll chance this. I'm a massive DD fan, so as long as I get a half decent DD t-shirt, I'll be happy.

Zavvi have done this already a few times with their steelbooks. Call the box whatever you like, its a mixed bag of bits. I've never been impressed with all these nerd/geek/z boxes, but DD theme is swaying me

Reactions: Flash
5 Daredevil Themed Items?

Let me guess...

• Blindfold
  • Extendable walking stick
  • handicap placard
  • Ninja Star
  • Complimentary Law Degree from DeVry University

Quick update received-The title treatment and Daredevil silhouette will be embossed. Spot gloss will be used on sections of the front of the Steelbook and the Marvel logo on the back. The Steelbook is white.

Reactions: Flash
You obviously don't read comics and don't know who Joe Quesada is.

Exactly. I love that Quesada's doing the art for Season 1. Hopefully they get Bill Sienkiewicz for Season 2... especially since Elektra's in it!

sienke.JPG

If not him, definitely Alex Maleev. :thumbs:

1605660-daredevil2.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: JCC
Exactly. I love that Quesada's doing the art for Season 1. Hopefully they get Bill Sienkiewicz for Season 2... especially since Elektra's in it!

sienke.JPG

If not him, definitely Alex Maleev. :thumbs:

1605660-daredevil2.jpg

Maleev would be my pick. Sienkiewicz is too impressionistic for me. I'd also love a Frank Miller/Klaus Janson cover

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon