• No

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
Genre: Horror/Sci-Fi
Studio: Entertainment One
Starring: Keri Russell, Josh Hamilton

dark-skies-poster03.jpg

Dark_Skies_DVD_FLAT.jpg

Despite being at an obvious lower level compared to the classic Fire In The Sky, certainly in terms of originality at the very least, I think Dark Skies is worth a steelbook nomination in the Horror category because of two major points:

1) Fire In the Sky is not available on Blu-ray and thus is unlikely to receive a steel anytime soon (wtf Paramount? :wtf:)

2) Dark Skies is a recent, modern HD era movie with excellent sound & picture quality. This (depending on the viewer) can significantly make up for other percived complaints when compared to Fire.

I thought Mila Jovovitch’s “The Forth Kind” might of also been worth a nomination, till i found out it is one of those “sham-horror” movies, where they spectacularly lie to your face about the material being “found footage” ….that movie is like an masterclass in dumb-con-horror lol :hilarious:

Last edited:
I thought this film was bland and underwhelming - coming from someone who is both terrified and fascinated by aliens.

^^^ unfortunately when it comes to Abduction/UFO movies theres not a lot of options for a steelbook release.... Dark Skies pales in comparison to the classic movies in the genre but as none of them even have a HD transfer :grumpy: this might be as good as it gets for now :thumbs: