David Hasselhoff wants James Gunn to work on a Knight Rider reboot.

Basil

The Helpful Fox
Premium Supporter
Oct 13, 2013
UK portsmouth
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/james-gunn-guardians-3-marvels-cosmic-plans-1027046

this is only a pitch atm but i would love this, big screen knight rider story below

Hasselhoff-Knight-Rider.jpg

David Hasselhoff wants Gunn to work on a Knight Rider reboot.

Hasselhoff made a memorable cameo in the film, with Ego morphing into the Baywatch star, a callback to the fact that Star-Lord always envisioned his dad looking like him. Hasselhoff, who also recorded a song for the movie, was on hand during Heat Vision's interview with Gunn and seemed keen on future collaborations — specifically one involving Knight Rider, his 1982-1986 NBC show about a crime fighter with a futuristic car.

"I've given some ideas to James for Knight Rider, and he responded in a big way. If it does go forward, I don't want it to be spoofed like Baywatch or 21 Jump Street. Those films lose what it's about, and you have to respect the fans," says Hasselhoff.

basil :thumbs:

Last edited by a moderator:
Would people be up for Hasselhoff reprising the role though? Or would they rather someone new/younger were cast? Personally I'm 50/50... I think it'd work just as well/badly (depending on how you want to look at it lol) either way.

Would people be up for Hasselhoff reprising the role though? Or would they rather someone new/younger were cast? Personally I'm 50/50... I think it'd work just as well/badly (depending on how you want to look at it lol) either way.

personally don't think they will want hoff for a lead but sure we get a cameo to honour him, personally love to see this done right and not just a studio looking for a quick buck either otherwise will flop imho

its about time this was done. orginal series was cool and a reboot would need to be in the same vain.

Reactions: Noodles
personally don't think they will want hoff for a lead but sure we get a cameo to honour him, personally love to see this done right and not just a studio looking for a quick buck either otherwise will flop imho

its about time this was done. orginal series was cool and a reboot would need to be in the same vain.

Yeah, he definitely has to be in it one way or another. And I completely agree that it needs the proper love and attention it deserves... unlike Baywatch. :wtf:

• Thanks
Reactions: Basil

I would like to see David Hasselhoff as Michael Knight in some capacity. I don't know if he has what it takes these days to still be the driver of KITT, because once he gets out of the car, there usually ends up being alot of running or fighting, but it would be weird without him. Maybe if he cameo'd on occasion as a senior member of FLAG. You know what he could definitely do, make a return as Garthe Knight for a new hero to deal with.

I do have one request, and I was furious when they did the reboot. The car has to be made by General Motors, not a damn Ford! The original car was a Pontiac which was owned by General Motors and right now I think the Camaro is the best looking option for a new KITT. I even made a quick edit, since it has this small grille area that would be PERFECT for the scanner.

Untitled-1.jpg

Reactions: Noodles
I would like to see David Hasselhoff as Michael Knight in some capacity. I don't know if he has what it takes these days to still be the driver of KITT, because once he gets out of the car, there usually ends up being alot of running or fighting, but it would be weird without him. Maybe if he cameo'd on occasion as a senior member of FLAG. You know what he could definitely do, make a return as Garthe Knight for a new hero to deal with.

I do have one request, and I was furious when they did the reboot. The car has to be made by General Motors, not a damn Ford! The original car was a Pontiac which was owned by General Motors and right now I think the Camaro is the best looking option for a new KITT. I even made a quick edit, since it has this small grille area that would be PERFECT for the scanner.

View attachment 331599
That definitely looks a lot better than the Mustang!

Reactions: TheJoker