Horror-Scream Factory CE Dawn of the Dead (2004) (Blu-ray with Slipcover) [USA/Canada]

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
Release date: October 31, 2017
Order: Shout! Factory | Amazon US | Amazon CA
Price: $27.93 (Shout!) | $15.48 (Amazon US) | $26.99 (Amazon CA)
Note: Pre-order from Shout! and receive a free rolled 18x24 poster

81nFYolQMML._SL1500_.jpg

Heart-pounding action and bone-chilling thrills power this edgy and frightening remake of George A. Romero's apocalyptic horror classic, Dawn Of The Dead! From visionary filmmaker Zack Snyder (300, Watchmen), this pulse-pounding jolt-a-thon stars Ving Rhames (Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2), Sarah Polley (Splice), Jake Weber (Wendigo), Mekhi Phifer (Divergent) and Ty Burrell (Modern Family).

The world is in danger when a mysterious virus turns people into mindless, flesh-eating zombies. In a mall in the heartland, a handful of survivors wage a desperate, last-stand battle to stay alive ... and human!

Last edited:
Pre Ordered

I been waiting for this to be announced and held off ordering the previous standard USA Blu-ray

Be great if Scream could get the rights to the 1978 version also

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
Pre Ordered

I been waiting for this to be announced and held off ordering the previous standard USA Blu-ray

Be great if Scream could get the rights to the 1978 version also

I have the original Blu-ray (I watch it once a year), but I can NOT wait for this release! It'll include new interviews, too! This is still my favourite Zack Snyder film.

• Thanks
Shout Factory has detailed its upcoming new Collector's Edition of Zack Snyder's film Dawn of the Dead (2004), starring Sarah Polley, Ving Rhames, Jake Weber, Mekhi Phifer, and Ty Burrell. The two-disc set will be available for purchase on October 24.

Synopsis: Heart-pounding action and bone-chilling thrills power this edgy and frightening remake of George A. Romero's apocalyptic horror classic, Dawn Of The Dead!

The world is in danger when a mysterious virus turns people into mindless, flesh-eating zombies. In a mall in the heartland, a handful of survivors wage a desperate, last-stand battle to stay alive ... and human!

DISC ONE – Theatrical Version:
  • BRAND NEW HD master struck from the digital intermediate archival negative
  • NEW Take A Chance on Me – an interview with actor Ty Burrell
  • NEW Gunn for Hire – an interview with writer James Gunn
  • NEW Punk, Rock & Zombie – an interview with actor Jake Weber
  • NEW Killing Time at the Mall: The Special Effects of Dawn of the Dead – an interview with special makeup effects artists David Anderson and Heather Langenkamp Anderson
  • Deleted Scenes with optional commentary by director Zach Snyder and producer Eric Newman
  • Theatrical Trailer
  • Still Gallery
DISC TWO – Unrated Version:
  • NEW HD master struck from the digital intermediate archival negative with HD inserts
  • Audio Commentary with director Zach Snyder and producer Eric Newman
  • Splitting Headaches: Anatomy of Exploding Heads
  • Attack of the Living Dead
  • Raising the Dead
  • Andy's Lost Tape
  • Special Report: Zombie Invasion
  • Undead and Loving It: A Mockumentary
  • Drawing the Dead featurette
  • Storyboard Comparisons
  • Hidden Easter Egg

• Helpful Post