Horror-Blu-ray Dawn of the Dead (4K Remaster with Slipcover) (Midnight Factory) [Italy]

BluSteel2012

Premium Supporter
Jan 4, 2012
Ireland
Release date: November 24th, 2016
Purchase link: Amazon IT
Price: €23.30
Notes: 4 Blu-ray discs. This limited edition restored contains 4 Blu-Ray discs + an explanatory booklet.

813sgcWnCIL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Specs for the 6 disc 4K set -

This limited edition restored contains 1 Blu-Ray Disc 4K UltraHD + 5 Blu-Ray discs + an explanatory booklet. DISC 1: EUROPEAN FILM CUT IN 4K - the European version mounted by Dario Argento DISC 2: EUROPEAN FILM CUT BLU-RAY - the European version mounted by Dario Argento DISC 3: EUROPEAN FILM CUT FULLSCREEN BLU-RAY: the European version mounted by Dario silver for the first time in full-screen version DISC 4: MOVIE THEATRICAL vERSION BLU-RAY - the 127 minute version desired by Romero and projected in 1979 in America DISC 5: MOVIES EXTENDED vERSION BLU-RAY: the 133 minutes version presented the premiere of the Cannes Film Festival of 1978 DISC 6: LIST oF EXTRA EXTRA CONTENT - INTERVIEW wITH TOM SAVINI, responsible for the special effects and make-up - EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW tO Nicolas Winding Refn - EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW tO DARIO ARGENTO - INTERVIEW wITH MICHELE DE ANGELIS aND GIANNI VITTORI on the restoration of the original film and its transposition in 4K ultra HD - PRESS CONFERENCE aT tHE 73rd INTERNATIONAL fILM FESTIVAL oF VENICE - PRESENTATION ROOM aT MIDNIGHT SCREENING oF FILMS aT 73rd INTERNATIONAL fILM FESTIVAL VENICE - HELL WHEN THERE WILL BE 'MORE POST (interviews with Dario Argento and Claudio, Claudio Simonetti, Alfredo Cuomo) - TRAILER aND TV SPOT - BOOKLET OF 24 PAGES oN FILM wITH PHOTOS aND iNTERVIEWS - 5 POSTCARDS fROM COLLECTION (FAN ART) - SOUND OF CLAUDIO COMMENT SIMONETTI

Specs for the 4 disc version

This limited edition restored contains 4 Blu-Ray discs + an explanatory booklet. DISC 1: EUROPEAN FILM CUT BLU-RAY - the European version mounted by Dario Argento DISC 2: MOVIE THEATRICAL VERSION BLU-RAY: the version of 127 minutes desired by Romero and projected in 1979 in America DISC 3: EXTENDED VERSION MOVIE BLU-RAY - the 133 minutes version submitted to the premiere of the 1978 Cannes Film Festival DISC 4: CONTENTS LIST EXTRA EXTRA - INTERVIEW wITH TOM SAVINI, responsible for the special effects and make-up - EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW tO Nicolas Winding Refn - EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW tO DARIO ARGENTO - INTERVIEW a MICHELE DE ANGELIS aND GIANNI VITTORI on the restoration of the original film and its transposition in 4K ultra HD - PRESS CONFERENCE aT tHE 73rd INTERNATIONAL fILM FESTIVAL oF VENICE - PRESENTATION ROOM aT MIDNIGHT SCREENING oF tHE fILM tHE 73rd INTERNATIONAL ART VENICE FILM - tO HELL WHEN THERE WILL BE 'MORE POST (interviews with Dario Argento and Claudio, Claudio Simonetti, Alfredo Cuomo) - TRAILER aND TV SPOT - BOOKLET OF 24 PAGES oN FILM wITH PHOTOS aND iNTERVIEWS - 5 POSTCARDS fROM COLLECTION (FAN ART) - AUDIO COMMENT OF CLAUDIO SIMONETTI

4 Blu-ray Discs + an explanatory booklet.
DISC 1: European Film Cut:The European version mounted by Dario Argento
DISC 2: Theatrical Cut:The 127 minute version desired by Romero and projected in 1979 in America
DISC 3: Extended Cut -The 133 minutes version presented the premiere of the Cannes Film Festival of 1978
DISC 4: Extras Disc

Extras Disc

Interview with tom savini, responsible for the special effects and make-up

- Exclusive interview with Nicolas Winding Refn

- Exclusive interview with Dario Argento

- Interview with Nichele de Angelis and Gianni Vittori on the restoration of the original film and its transposition in 4k ultra HD

- Press conference at the 73rd international film festival of venice

- Presentation room at midnight screening of the film the 73rd international film festival venice

- Hell when there will be 'more post (interviews with Dario Argento and , Claudio Simonetti, Alfredo Cuomo)

- Trailer and TV Spot

- Booklet of 24 pages on film with photos and interviews

- 5 postcards from collection (fan art)

- Audio comment of Claudio Simonetti

• Helpful Post
Reactions: UpsetSmiley
@Apollon
Can this thread be moved to the slipcover thread please.

It somehow got moved from from slipcovers thread to this thread or it might be good idea to have in both sections as it might get missed if only in this thread

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Sigill
Standard 4 Disc Blu-ray release
Difference between (6 Discs) 4K UHD Disc release and (4 Discs) Standard Blu-ray release is 2 Discs

1)4K UHD Disc European Film Cut in 4K
2)Exclusive to 4K release is a Standard Blu-ray European Film Cut:Full-Screen version

• Helpful Post
Reactions: UpsetSmiley
I created another thread in the slipcover section so more members can see it.:)
@Sigill :thumbs:
I can see the reason with Halloween coming up all the horror releases have been moved to this thread.
It might be just me but in my opinion lot of these releases now that they been moved to this thread might get missed if only in this thread.
How many members come to this thread normally compared to visiting the slipcover thread

• Thanks
Reactions: Sigill
@Apollon
Can this thread be moved to the slipcover thread please.

It somehow got moved from from slipcovers thread to this thread or it might be good idea to have in both sections as it might get missed if only in this thread

It makes sense to have the horror movies in the dedicated horror section here. It won't hurt either to have a duplicate thread in the other section.

@tridon

It makes sense to have the horror movies in the dedicated horror section here. It won't hurt either to have a duplicate thread in the other section.

@tridon
I agree it would be good idea to have in both threads as I can see lot of releases members not end up knowing about if only in this thread when they been used to looking in the slipcover thread

@Sigill :thumbs:
I can see the reason with Halloween coming up all the horror releases have been moved to this thread.
It might be just me but in my opinion lot of these releases now that they been moved to this thread might get missed if only in this thread.
How many members come to this thread normally compared to visiting the slipcover thread
Yeah I think it might be worth creating a thread in the slipcover section aswell for these releases. We don't want people to miss out who just visit the slipcover section. I've started a few duplicate threads in the slipcover section.:)

Reactions: paulboland

@tridon

It's already in the 4K section and the slipcover thread was moved here to try and consolidate a full-blown horror section. Three threads for one release would be a little redundant, no?

It's already in the 4K section and the slipcover thread was moved here to try and consolidate a full-blown horror section. Three threads for one release would be a little redundant, no?

I agree mate

having three threads for the same single release is getting fraustrating now as i've having to track three different lines of conversation (general release, slipcover and horror forum) and it's putting me off posting all together in all honesty (I gave up with Arrow's Donnie Darko threads)

I thought the slipcover section would deal with slipcovers specific to a retailer / terrortory exclusives. Not every single release

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon and cooey
Thanks for the pics, @BluSteel2012!
I've cancelled this release not long ago due to the lack of English subtitles.
Now looking at the thick blue keep case instead of a nice digipak, another dealbreaker for me.

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012