Dawn of the Planet of the Apes 3D - In theaters July 11, 2014

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
From IMDB:
A growing nation of genetically evolved apes led by Caesar is threatened by a band of human survivors of the devastating virus unleashed a decade earlier. They reach a fragile peace, but it proves short-lived, as both sides are brought to the brink of a war that will determine who will emerge as Earth's dominant species.
With: Gary Oldman, Jason Clarke, Judy Greer, Andy Serkis and more..

Trailer:

From Collider:

Dawn_Of_The_Planet_Of_The_Apes_Teaser_Poster_Ex_JPosters.jpg

Here’s the transcript of Rothman’s conversation with Steve (from Collider) regarding the Rise of the Planet of the Apes sequel:
I loved Rise of the Planet of the Apes. What’s the status of the sequel?
Rothman: That’s very much on the tracks. We’re developing a script. Rupert Wyatt, who directed the first one, will direct the second one. We’re pushing forward aggressively, so the script’s being written now.

Do you have an idea of a time frame you’d like to release it?
Rothman: Yeah, I think it would make sense if we can, you know we serve no wine before it’s time, but the goal for us would be summer of 2014, if that’s possible.

The first one was a real pleasure and a great surprise to pretty much anyone! Are you thrilled about a sequel?

Last edited:
I am looking forward to this movie if it is a direct sequel to the first. Hopefully Fox will release better packaging for the steel this time!

From FS.net:
Well, at least one of those elements has been confirmed as Exhibitor Relations (via Collider) has learned that Fox is planning to release the X-Men: First Class sequel in 3D along with Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters and The Wolverine. Nowadays it's news if a blockbuster isn't in 3D, but in this case, we're interested because two of these films still may be shot natively in 3D. Read on!

Shooting has already finished on The Wolverine and Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters, so that means those films will be post-converted to 3D, so that' moderately disappointing. However, X-Men: Days of Future Past and Dawn of the Planet of the Apes are still preparing to shoot, so we might see those films shot in 3D.

Fox has just released a cool online prequel comic.
http://www.apes2014.com/#/story

Here's the current synopsis available: A group of scientists in San Francisco struggle to stay alive in the aftermath of a plague that is wiping out humanity, while Caesar tries to maintain dominance over his community of intelligent apes.

Reactions: STARKILLER 1138
Its been too damn quiet on this thread! I know I'm not the only one SUPER excited for this! :cool: Rupert Wyatt will not return to direct the sequel, Matt Reeves (Director of Let Me In and Cloverfield) will take over. (Great choice!) I'm excited for the new cast, but with the addition of Gary Oldman... nuff said, I'm so there!!! And of course, Mr. Serkis will return as Ceaser! :scat:

Here are some videos I've seen on YouTube :thumbs:

Comic-Con 2013: Dawn of the Planet of the Apes Presentation

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes Artwork and Story

Some filming videos:

Cant wait for the official teaser and trailers! Easily my most anticipated film of 2014! :LOL: :oohyeah: :scat: :movie:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've stopped posting some shooting vids on those future movie threads since I don't want to promote/encourage eventual spoilers ;)

But yeah, I'm curious to see what they'll bring us this time!

Reactions: bloodsnake007
I've stopped posting some shooting vids on those future movie threads since I don't want to promote/encourage eventual spoilers ;)

But yeah, I'm curious to see what they'll bring us this time!

LOL! Oops, didn't think about the filming vids. They could be potential spoilers! :hilarious: Viewers beware! :ohno:

New pic!!!!!!!!!!!! Keri Russell, Jason Clarke and Andy Serkis on the set of Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

Keri-Russell-Jason-Clarke-and-Andy-Serkis-on-the-set-of-Dawn-of-the-Planet-of-the-Apes-2014-Movie-Image.jpg

EEK! Thanks Noodles :thumbs: I logged on just to post this, you beat me to it! :p

I've been waiting for an official teaser trailer! Too many DAMN good movies coming out next year! :LOL: Godzilla, X-Men, Amazing Spider-Man 2, 300 sequel, Hobbit 3, Transformers 4! Can't wait! :scat:

Last edited:
EEK! Thanks Noodles :thumbs: I logged on just to post this, you beat me to it! :p

I've been waiting for an official teaser trailer! Too many DAMN good movies coming out next year! :LOL: Godzilla, X-Men, Amazing Spider-Man 2, 300 sequel, Hobbit 3, Transformers 4! Can't wait! :scat:

+1 2014 and 2015 great time for movies :cool:

Reactions: bloodsnake007