Notes: 3D is region Free, 2D is A&B only

Picture sent to us kindly by HMV
apes.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 542
Last edited by a moderator:
I am not a fan of this artwork at all, but if it is in 3D, I will buy it as I also have the Rise of the Planet of the Apes FuturePak (which has wonderful artwork!).

I will be getting the French Future Pack instead as that has the bonus dvd disc and as I already have the French Steelbook of Rise of the Planet of the apes with the bonus disc

Looks like its a Futurepack with all the releases so far been listed

So far I have only seen Future Pack listings for Dawn of the Planet of the Apes even though some have made the mistake of calling them steelbooks

Do we know if there is any confirmed 100% Steelbook release available at all

Italy. Is listed as steelbook and they normally don't release future packs and when it's not a steelbook they put it

I doubt that italian release will be a steebook, if this one is confirmed to be a FP (the only EU sb, in Italy? i don't believe it): we already have X-Men: dofp FP from FOX, and i bet this one will be a FP too

I will be getting the French Future Pack instead as that has the bonus dvd disc and as I already have the French Steelbook of Rise of the Planet of the apes with the bonus disc

Looks like its a Futurepack with all the releases so far been listed

So far I have only seen Future Pack listings for Dawn of the Planet of the Apes even though some have made the mistake of calling them steelbooks

Do we know if there is any confirmed 100% Steelbook release available at all

Only the German release, if you can put up with the abysmal artwork (image shown below). Personally, I wouldn't give it houseroom.

Like you, I'll be sticking with the French release for its exclusive bonus DVD. Since I already have the French release of "Rise of the Planet of the Apes", I don't have a problem with the title being in French.

I do hope, however, that some country may ultimately release this title with the original artwork, utilised as a placeholder for the French release when first announced. Sadly, although widely used for the standard Blu-ray and DVD releases, no one has had the good sense to use it on any of their Steelbook and FuturePak releases. Had they done so it would have swept the board.

Planet-der-Affen---Revolution-(Limited-Steel-Edition)-Science-Fiction-Blu-ray-3D.png

Reactions: paulboland
Hello everyone!

I decided to email HMV and ask them about whether this would be a Futurepak or Steelbook. I asked them about why their temp display showed a Futurepak. This was their response:

Dear vivaperu348

Ref: 272341

Although I was not able to locate the part of the website hmv.com where the pictures were displayed, I can confirm that the Dawn of the Planet of the Apes will be released as a Steelbook and not a Futurepak.

Kind regards

Customer Service Team

I'm glad Fox are sticking with Steelbooks for their new releases at the moment. I refuse to buy any of their Futurepak releases.

WHY ARE PEOPLE SO ANTI FUTUREPAK ?
I think its because of the spine?

Im not too bothered about the different spine compared to the steelbook and I do consider myself a serious collector and at the last count over 500 Steelbooks/Metalpacks/Ironpaks/Starpaks and Viva Metal Boxsets from around the world. I have bought some of these new Futurepaks or Steel Pack which Amazon.co.uk describes them as ; Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes (Play.com), Carrie (Zavvi) and Silent Hill (Zavvi) and in my opinion I have been pleasantly surprised by the quality of these new Futurepaks when comparing them to the old Metalpak design.

I can only comment on the 3 Futurepaks that I own but I have ordered more because the designers and manufacturers have upped their game in my opinion.

GOOD POINTS FOR FUTUREPAKS

REGION CODING - Some films in these Futurepaks are either Region FREE (ABC) or just Region B.

DISC ARTWORK - There is printed artwork on the front of the disc.

SPINE - Different construction which enables the spine to bend right back and enables the front cover and back cover to but up against each other to create one whole picture by combining the front and back covers together ie Carrie.

MATERIALS - More sturdy compared to the old Metalpak design. The outer casing is metal and the inner material is clear transparent plastic which enables you to see clearly the artwork underneath.

FINISHES - Good quality matt finish (so far matt finish) and on some they have embossing on the title and part of the picture on the front cover ie Carrie and Silent Hill.

COVER ARTWORK - Hi quality, detailed pictures, good example would be ; Rise Of The Planet Of The Ape or Silent Hill.

INSIDE ARTWORK - Hi quality, clear pictures, better than a some of the steelbooks I have in my collection.

BAD POINTS FOR FUTUREPAKS

SPINE - Different spine construction from steelbooks, this is what is putting alot of collectors off buying these alternatives, I use to think this way until I bought Rise of the Planet Of The Apes, then Carrie and Silent Hill Futurepaks.

PRICE - Just shop around to get the best deals, REMEMBER these aren't limited number editions so you have time to wait for price drops.

This is just my opinion but I do hope it helps some of you if you were like
me at one time trying to decide wither to buy a Futurepak edition or not.

Enjoy collecting!
Matthew