Day of the Dead (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release Date: July 21st, 2014
Price: £17.99
Buy link: Day of the Dead (Live Saturday 6pm UK time)
Notes: Limited to 3000 copies.

10949896-1398359093-850927.jpg

Attachments

• 10949896-1398359093-850927.jpg
    10949896-1398359093-850927.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 314
  • thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 328
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still in 2 minds about this.

I have the 3 Disc slip special edition of 'dawn' and the re-print 3 Disc 'day'. I don't have 'Night' on BD as I don't know which is the best version to get - but if 'Night' is in the public domain, and Arrow no longer have the rights to 'Dawn' - the OCD completist in me will go mental about having this on steel, and not the others.

BUT it is a George Romero zombie movie in steel which we've been waiting for for aaages.... maybe i'll make up my mind when it actually goes live.

I just went looking for the night remake on a amazon, BD £90 EEK! So i bought the dvd for £2.15:hilarious: Maybe one day they will release it again on BD and I'll pick it up then:D

Try ebayUS, there are many closer to £30 if you can find one that ships internationally.

Reactions: chunk
I've just been told by Arrow that at the moment it's just the BD disc, but this is still waiting to be finalised.

This was released twice before
Slip box 2 discs
Blu-ray Film
DVD extras

Re release 3 discs
Blu-ray Film
DVD film
DVD extras

At a minimum they need to include the DVD extras disc
Arrow Video are known for their extras
Majority of previous Arrow Steelbooks have included the extras
The previous Arrow Zavvi exclusive releases included the extras
Be a mistake by Arrow not to include the extras it's what there known for

Slip box 2 discs
Blu-ray Film
DVD extras

Re release 3 discs
Blu-ray Film
DVD film
DVD extras

I know, this as already been discussed earlier in the thread

Slip box 2 discs
Blu-ray Film
DVD extras

Re release 3 discs
Blu-ray Film
DVD film
DVD extras

Because its Arrow we are safe to assume this will include the fully uncut version, correct? I know this was heavily cut originally in some European countries, and Canada. This probably has the best practical zombie special effects in any movie to date. Savini at the very top of his game. Would be a shame to lose any of that.

Because its Arrow we are safe to assume this will include the fully uncut version, correct?

Don't be so sure, at least in terms of blu ray. Arrow's Dawn of the Dead release did include the extended/uncut version - but only on DVD, bundled in with the theatrical blu ray. Why they didn't choose the extended version as the blu ray disc I'll never know but it was very annoying having to choose between best quality picture and best version in terms of content :angry:

Don't be so sure, at least in terms of blu ray. Arrow's Dawn of the Dead release did include the extended/uncut version - but only on DVD, bundled in with the theatrical blu ray. Why they didn't choose the extended version as the blu ray disc I'll never know but it was very annoying having to choose between best quality picture and best version in terms of content :angry:

Because there wasn't a HD master for the extended cut at the time of release

The Extended and Argento cuts have only been recently released for the first time on Blu-ray and only in Japan (and possibly Germany but will need to double check that)

Last edited:
Because its Arrow we are safe to assume this will include the fully uncut version, correct? I know this was heavily cut originally in some European countries, and Canada. This probably has the best practical zombie special effects in any movie to date. Savini at the very top of his game. Would be a shame to lose any of that.

Day of the Dead 1985 has always been uncut on UK Blu-ray no cuts

There are 2 Blu-ray Releases

UK Arrow Video Best overall for extras but note below USA Release

USA Shout Factory has slightly better picture Quality
New World's End: The Legacy of Day of the Dead" feature-length documentary

Last edited:
Reactions: hansgruber
Try ebayUS, there are many closer to £30 if you can find one that ships internationally.

Thanks hans:thumbs: ebay uk usually shows up international sellers that deliver to the UK, but none came up on my search but there may be a setting that I haven't turned on for that so I'll check again:D

---------- Post added at 05:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 PM ----------

I'm still in 2 minds about this.

I have the 3 Disc slip special edition of 'dawn' and the re-print 3 Disc 'day'. I don't have 'Night' on BD as I don't know which is the best version to get - but if 'Night' is in the public domain, and Arrow no longer have the rights to 'Dawn' - the OCD completist in me will go mental about having this on steel, and not the others.

BUT it is a George Romero zombie movie in steel which we've been waiting for for aaages.... maybe i'll make up my mind when it actually goes live.

You're so gonna get this 8bit:naughty: I think when it goes live it's gonna be hard for fans of the film to pass on it:D

It hasn't gone live yet - all Zavvi new releases start out saying 'sold out' - keep subscribed to this thread and they will let you know when it's live for pre-order :thumbs:

They still do that? I figure they had changed that by now, lol.
I bet they lose a lot of customers because it says ''sold out''.

They should do it like Amazon (or similar), like; ''Subscribe to receive a notification when this item becomes available'' or something.

Their marketing department must be sleeping, hehe.

I know I will. I have no self control.. :hilarious:

:hilarious: me too.. I find some releases just call to me till I give in, and I always do.. bloody shiny pieces of pure beauty.. I'm getting sick of eating porridge and toast everyday..all day... but I'm surrounded by lovely artwork.. steelbooks win every time:D

---------- Post added at 06:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

They still do that? I figure they had changed that by now, lol.
I bet they lose a lot of customers because it says ''sold out''.

They should do it like Amazon (or similar), like; ''Subscribe to receive a notification when this item becomes available'' or something.

Their marketing department must be sleeping, hehe.

Zavvi is very clever cos they get more of us to buy it after we go through that initial "oh no its sold out" then we find out it had never gone live, we want it even more than we thought we did.. its not like we don't know what they're up to.. but some times that tactic really works out well for them:D

Reactions: 8bitheart
A simple solution
Instead of using Sold Out
They put Not Live or something similar
Then when it does go live and sells out for real put Sold Out

Having Sold Out when a title has not gone live will confuse new customers and collectors
It also leaves the veteran collector wonder sometimes if they missed out if they been busy or away from the Internet for other reasons and when they see sold out have to check this site to find out if it was live or sold out