Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
USA
3.00 star(s) Rating: 3.00/5 3 Votes
Title: Suicide Squad

Tagline: Worst Heroes Ever

Genre: Action, Adventure, Crime, Fantasy, Science Fiction

Director: David Ayer

Cast: Will Smith, Margot Robbie, Joel Kinnaman, Viola Davis, Jared Leto, Jai Courtney, Jay Hernandez, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Cara Delevingne, Karen Fukuhara, Adam Beach, Ike Barinholtz, Scott Eastwood, Common and Ben Affleck.

Release: 2016-08-03

Runtime: 123

Plot: From DC Comics comes the Suicide Squad, an antihero team of incarcerated supervillains who act as deniable assets for the United States government, undertaking high-risk black ops missions in exchange for commuted prison sentences.

As I said I loved the film, particularly the cool introduction to the characters., stylish and fun.
I liked what I saw... BUT... I was expecting MORE about everyone. More about their past and what they've done... but of course, that would have extended the movie by a mile!

Harley Quinn: we needed to see MORE about her discussion/transformation with the Joker
Deadshot: there was plenty... but the action with Batman was hhuuummmm, amazing! Can't wait to see more!
Joker: there has to be a TON of history... where is it???
Katana: Where's her backstory? Only 5 sec of her husband???
etc...

And yeah... the Watchmen opening is one of the best there is! You completely understand the movie with only that 5 mins! Brilliant!

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles and Asopp
Watched it earlier today and thought it was AWESOME! :woot: :cool: :notworthy: :thumbs:

I absolutely LOVED Harley Quinn! :drool:
Definitely my favorite scene! :hungry: :naughty:
giphy.gif

:D

Just got back from watch it.

Really enjoyed it!
Not sure if maybe I had just heard it had negative reviews so my expectations were lower. But I came out liking it.

Obviously it has its issues...

The hero (or "heroes"... but technically bad guys) are only as good as their villain, And the villain was pretty weak here. I don't think they even said his name? did they?
I really hope they make another one with a better opposition.

Not everyone gets their time to shine. I know in movie like this is hard to introduce all the characters and get everyone equal time... like Katana was pretty short changed. I love that character from the comics and im sad she was kind of just thrown in at the last minute.

I also was hoping Scott Eastwood's character would have been revealed to be someone of importance. Just seems odd to have him in it without anything... (I was hoping he would have been a young Slade Wilson).

But other then that. I thought everyone did a good job. All the characters were great and I want to see more of them!
Liked it better then BvS:EC!

Yeah, I read your post and wondered if we had seen the same movie. :D It would be interesting to see a movie from someone else's perspective.

Well everyone has different views, when I read your post I thought wow he must have seen a different film as this one was awesome. In terms of introductions, I felt the whole film was just warming up, one big introduction. I did think there was a lack of the Joker but for a change it wasn't really about him and it was cool that lesser known characters got to step up front. But I mean a character as awesome as the Joker does need little introduction.

I can see a whole seperate Joker film which would be cool. I know they are good to do a Harley Quinn one.

I loved it, glad I got the pop funkos and some very tshirts, very cool characters.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw
What happens?
Amanda Waller meets with Bruce Wayne. They discuss Metahumans and in the end Wayne tells her to "end this" (referencing as this Suicide Squad) as "him and his friends will take care of this".

So basically another hint for the Justice League.

DC still has a LOT to learn for credits extra scene from Marvel IMO...

Last edited:
Saw it Friday night, I think my expectation were too high.I enjoyed it but there were points where it just didn't feel right, the editing was a little weird in parts and they played popular songs that just didn't fit right, a normal score would have been better fitted in some scenes.

Overall 6-6.5/10.

Nowhere near as bad as people are making out, just not great.

Also the people that are saying the ending is bad, IGN I'm looking at you!Its not, the ending is not fan-4-stic bad, and the villain isn't half as bad as 90% of the comic book films we've had recently.

• Thanks
Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
Saw the film last night, I both liked and disliked it.

Thought the opening act was cool, where we had the character intros (maybe the soundtrack was a bit overwhelming and out of place but will let that slide)

The biggest critique I could have is the fact the action scenes were awful. The fact that 90% of the film was based at night, and all the action was average at best was a huge let down to me.

There were pacing issues as well; After the intros, thought we would of seen a real dynamic from the Squad and have some genuinely good interaction and some great dialogue. Unfortunately, despite one or two good moments, it ultimately fell flat.

I THINK I liked Leto's take on The Joker, but would love to see him and Harley pop up in Afflecks solo Batman film so he gets his time to shine and show us more depth to his character.

I enjoyed Deadpool, Harley Quinn & The Enchantress, but couldn't care less for the other characters. Rick Flag, Captain Boomerang & Killer Croc may as well of been omitted, as they brung nothing to the end product.

Overall, think the film is a 6/6.5- Started off good, and gradually got more mundane as it went on.

Last edited:
I watched the movie this past Saturday with my wife and some friends. Here are my thoughts (spoiler free):
  • Margot Robbie was absolutely perfectly cast as Harley Quinn. My group and I thoroughly enjoyed her performance!
  • Whenever Jared / Joker was on-screen, you had little to no choice but to compare his performance to Heath Ledger's Joker. But here's the funny (crazy?) thing; whenever Jared spoke, I swear that I heard Heath's voice. After the movie, I spoke to my wife about this and she said that she felt the same! Either Jared watched a lot of footage of Heath as the Joker, or the sound design engineers got a bit creative...
  • It's a pity that the Joker didn't have more screen time. Jared Leto did a great job. Was he better than Heath Ledger though? I'd call it close. Really, really close. Heath still wins out as the best Joker of all time, but Jared ran him close, IMHO.
  • Will Smith was really good. I had my doubts of him as Deadshot, but after the first few scenes with him, all of my doubts were dispelled. That prison yard scene where he got to exhibit his...talents, will sure make a demo-worthy scene on folks' home theater systems.
  • Cara Delevinge as Enchantress was also quite good. She brought an extra dimension to the Enchantress. I never liked the comic book version of her, but damn, the movie version sure was good.
  • Viola Davis was both badass and classy at the same time. Samuel L. Jackson's Nick Fury has got nothing on her. There were some scenes where I was genuinely scared of Amanda Waller. Again, another winner for the casting director / team.
  • The humour in most instances was quite funny. Again, Margot / Harley hit the ball out of the park. I also found Killer Croc funny as well, for the few lines he spoke. Did the movie require such humour though? In some cases, yes, but I guess that I'm one of the few people who appreciate the DC Universe having a darker edge over Marvel. I mean, come on! Freaking Darkseid has Earth in his sights, and things are going to get a whole lot worse before they get better! One of my friends who watched the movie with me said that DC / Warner didn't need to inject humour into their movies to compete with Marvel. It's unnecessary. He's right.
  • It was lovely seeing the homage to John Ostrander. This man, together with his deceased wife, Kim Yale, wrote some of my favourite Suicide Squad stories. They redefined the gritty anti-hero and revitalised minor characters and forgotten players in the DC Universe. There was also a brief homage to Alex Ross at the beginning of the movie, with Harley Quinn and the Joker in an embrace, mimicking a comic book cover almost exactly.
I said earlier that I enjoyed the Suicide Squad. I rated it 8/10 in IMDB. Whilst chatting to other mates about the movie, I realised that I enjoyed it more than what I rated it. I subsequently went back and changed my rating to 9/10.

Did I believe that the big screen adaption did justice to its comic book counterpart? A definite "Yes!".
Would this version of the Squad travel to the gates of Hell and back to complete their mission? In the movie, they sure did.

In the comic book, Bronze Tiger said the following of a mission they were about to embark on: "This mission is suicide, which makes it right up our alley". The movie encapsulated that line perfectly. I don't know if we'll get a sequel, which will be a great pity if we don't. I'd love to see more of the same crew, as well as Vixen, Bronze Tiger and Nightshade.