1. Hello Guest, this site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To read more about how we use them, please visit this page
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) takes effect on May 25th 2018! Read more about how it impacts you
    Dismiss Notice

Dead Snow: Red vs Dead (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Steelarchive Exclusive #002) [Germany]

Discussion in 'Blu-ray SteelBook' started by snooloui, Aug 22, 2015.

1. snooloui

snooloui The 'Negative' Ninja
    Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +31,826
    #1 snooloui, Aug 22, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
    • Thanks Thanks x 10
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Helpful Post Helpful Post x 1
  2. aLLu

Ratings:
    +851
    Double dip...

3. Lionet

Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +464
  4. howarmat

Moderator Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,900
    Cool i never got around to collect this steelbook yet so this version will be worth it!

5. StifflersDad

Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +8,628
    After the fiasco of the PayPal oversell of the first release and the choice of this movie rapidly losing interest in Steel Archive

• Thanks Thanks x 7
  6. Marco86

Marco86 The Naughty Dog
    Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,757
    I am also disappointed with the movie choice. As a German I'd really like to support SA, therefore I will also buy this, hoping they will get better movies after that. If not I am out, sorry.
    @DuckDogers please make me continue buying your exclusives :)

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  7. Apollon

Apollon #TheLaw
    Super Moderator Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +38,571
    Skipping this.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Helpful Post Helpful Post x 1
  8. nekromantik

Ratings:
    +1,113
    I will get if it includes English subs. Enjoyed it. Not as good as first one though.

9. Bunk

Ratings:
    +2,668
    Joining the others: I'm sadly disappointed by this choice. :(

If SteelArchive had to wait a few months to get a worthy exclusive, I think they should have passed on all current choices from Splendid and waited for a better film, in order to have a more coherent collection — you can't be more different than an arthouse/moody film like Spring and a gore horror movie like Dead Snow... it's like if PlainArchive followed Melancholia with Pixels, or if BluFans suddenly wanted to release Foxcatcher :D).

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  10. hansgruber

Ratings:
    +479
    Is your collection coherent?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. ty233

Ratings:
    +202
    Same here. Plus, I won't bother to order anything from them. I would never support a company that treat customers like s*** cancelling their copies with no REAL explanations or blocking people on their Facebook page when one talk about this issue or saying something one day and the contrary the day after.

By the way, still no news about the so called "cancelled bulk orders". Was it even true or just to make us believe that they care about collectors?
    They were supposed to contact us and let us know what they could do and maybe offer the "scalper copies" to those who got their order cancelled but... Nothing... I guess it's really difficult to count 100 copies hmmm

Anyways. Even if i don't like this second movie choice, i must admit that they could do something really cool with the slipcover as they previously did with Spring! So even if i won't buy, i'm very curious to see what it will look like :)

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  12. lgans316

Ratings:
    +10,540
    Bring on these awesome films. [emoji16]

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Bunk

Ratings:
    +2,668
    If I understand your question (or jab?) correctly, then yeah I guess, or maybe not... it's my tastes y'know, I buy what I like, from Iron Man to The Wrestler, but that's irrelevant to this thread and also I'm not in the business of starting my own exclusive line-up ; if I were I'd try to be coherent because in itself that's respecting customers (and in this case, collectors only) and go with, say, "this is the SteelArchive Arthouse Collection starting with Spring, I'll wait for a worthy successor to follow it up whenever there's an opportunity -next month or next year-, and look, Dead Snow is #001 in the SteelArchive HorrorFest Collection" (except I wouldn't advise for another release of Dead Snow ever, but if I were I'd handle it like that).

Films like Spring and Dead Snow: Red vs. Dead are not what I'd imagine to be Exclusive #001 and Exclusive #002 in the same collection for one retailer :).

Hey, I'd love to be a SteelArchive groupie, I certainly supported their first exclusive and I want European retailers with exclusive collections to strive, but for this one I'm out and I think picking that random catalogue title (because they apparently needed to pick a Splendid title now) is not good business :(.

• Thanks Thanks x 4
  14. luke98

luke98 Contributor-Steelbooks
    Contributor Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +17,535
    This is an Amazing movie :rofl:

15. djjez83

Ratings:
    +2,630
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. hansgruber

Ratings:
    +479
    [​IMG]

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. luke98

luke98 Contributor-Steelbooks
    Contributor Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +17,535
    :rofl:

18. serjitank

Ratings:
    +666
    do they ship to the US?

19. DuckDogers

Ratings:
    +758

Your opinion I accept but for the Paypal problem I could nothing
    Or you buy no more Nova? Because Nova also had severe problems with the first release. I say only they server probs.

Ultimately, everyone should ask themselves their own production to his feet and then you can complain about others first.

#19 DuckDogers, Aug 23, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
  20. mbennett76

Ratings:
    +453
    I'll wait to see the full package before deciding. I do want to support these guys and @DuckDogers is totally right we all had to endure that calamity called Novamedia with their early releases, so I think we should give SteelArchive the benefit of the doubt for now.

P.S. I hope the horror theme continues, none of the other companies really do horror

• Thanks Thanks x 3