Purchase link: HMV
Price: £29.99 - £19.99 - £14.99
Group Buy: Hosted by cooey HERE

01-66760.jpg

03-66760.jpg
02-66760.jpg

01-66760.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Got it at midnight, It's £30 will see if a cheaper one in Europe gets released. You have to consider its £25 for the 4K Deadpool 1, which will sell so they know they will get £30.

All the more reason to offer a non-4K version. To be honest £24.99 would have been a lot for me, but £30??? £30??? You're ******* joking :rofl:

Don't think £29.99 is asking alot for a 4K steelbook when this will be £25 everywhere on standard 4k amaray everywhere when it releases

I fully expect to pay £30 for this.

1. It's a steelbook (metal not plastic... however 'cheap' that metal may be)
2. Unique design
3. 4K
4. A brand new movie and exclusive to HMV (whatever you deem to be classed as 'exclusive')

Those reasons combined will contribute to its price. It's not just about 4K.

I'm not a fan of forcing 4K on steelbook collectors. Zavvi are releasing Red Sparrow in Standard 2D and 4K versions which is a Fox title, The Shape of Water is available internationally in Standard Blu Ray which is also a Fox title. I'm going to assume this is something HMV are doing.

I'm going to email HMV and express my disappointment. It's unlikely to have any effect but for the few seconds it will take to write the email it is worth a shot. Perhaps if enough people do the same they'll take notice. Even a small run of 500 to 1000 Standard steelbooks would be great.

• Thanks
Reactions: ChrisIW and JayWhit
this 4k business is getting out of hand, more and more solo 4k steelbooks with no option for just 2d steelbooks, buyers are slowly being forced to pay £30 which is so wrong in so many ways,:mad:(n)

this 4k business is getting out of hand, more and more solo 4k steelbooks with no option for just 2d steelbooks, buyers are slowly being forced to pay £30 which is so wrong in so many lways,:mad:(n)

not solo look at the pic again its 4k + bluray.

but yes it would seem 4k is being forced if you want it or not.

basil :thumbs:

Don't think £29.99 is asking alot for a 4K steelbook when this will be £25 everywhere on standard 4k amaray everywhere when it releases

Nope - amaray is currently £22.99 on Zavvi.

Besides £25 for an amaray 4K is expensive and if they think they will encourage people to buy 4K at that price, I think they are going to be disappointed!!

I fully expect to pay £30 for this.

1. It's a steelbook (metal not plastic... however 'cheap' that metal may be)
2. Unique design
3. 4K
4. A brand new movie and exclusive to HMV (whatever you deem to be classed as 'exclusive')

Those reasons combined will contribute to its price. It's not just about 4K.

It is about the 4K though - exclude 4K from your list above and you would be paying £20 (max £23) for the steelbook, so that's an extra £7 to £10 for the 4K.

Reactions: paulboland
It is about the 4K though - exclude 4K from your list above and you would be paying £20 (max £23) for the steelbook, so that's an extra £7 to £10 for the 4K.

Dude, I didn't say it WASN'T about 4K, I said it wasn't JUST about 4K as to why the price is at £30.

Obviously a steelbook with unique artwork will be more than an amaray that are similar in release.
A metal case item will be more than a plastic case item that are similar in release.

The other reasons do contribute but it's clear that 4K is always going to be more expensive as it is a newer technology. I don't know why people cannot get their heads around this.
This debate went on in another thread and there's no point going on about it again here. It is what it is. Write a letter to HMV if you aren't happy lol.

Dude, I didn't say it WASN'T about 4K, I said it wasn't JUST about 4K as to why the price is at £30.

Obviously a steelbook with unique artwork will be more than an amaray that are similar in release.
A metal case item will be more than a plastic case item that are similar in release.

The other reasons do contribute but it's clear that 4K is always going to be more expensive as it is a newer technology. I don't know why people cannot get their heads around this.
This debate went on in another thread and there's no point going on about it again here. It is what it is. Write a letter to HMV if you aren't happy lol.

Fair enough mate - I just don't see how people think £30 is a reasonable price and defend it.

I get 4K is new, but I still think it's too expensive especially as 4K amaray prices seem to be now dropping overall.

And I've already emailed HMV about it :happy:

• Thanks
Reactions: St4rlord