Purchase link: HMV
Price: £29.99 - £19.99 - £14.99
Group Buy: Hosted by cooey HERE

01-66760.jpg

03-66760.jpg
02-66760.jpg

01-66760.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got back from seeing it, funnier than the first albeit I think I preferred the storyline in that one. Hope Manta do a lenti magnet edition to match the first release

For crying out loud, get over it!!!!
Buy it, don't buy it, it's not rocket science!!!
How about getting back on track and discussing the steelbook, after all, isn't that what this thread was started for?
absotively! :thumbs: i am sure it's ages, but does anyone have any inside info when we may get an artwork reveal (other than "Autumn-ish"!)? :)

for the debate above, all i could see/hear in my head was this (would have made a shorter conversation):
giphy.gif

• Thanks
Reactions: leelee17
A lot of steelbook collectors though would have liked a steelbook without the 4K Disc as it would be cheaper

A lot are not are intrested in 4K UHD and that includes even some who even already have 4K Tv's

Having separate steelbooks solves this issue
If 4K/2D steelbook price was £22.99 or £24.99 it would be more liked and sell better

A lot of us are paying extra for a 4K uhd disc that can't be viewed

Well then I'm glad to hear that you have decided not to buy this then. Because buying this would just continue to show the studios that they are right by selling 4K only steelbooks because people will buy them even if they don't want them. Now you wouldn't do that, would you? :)

Only you can prevent future 4K only steelbook releases.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: ChrisIW
well said that man,,common sense, is all these companies need,
Well then I'm glad to hear that you have decided not to buy this then. Because buying this would just continue to show the studios that they are right by selling 4K only steelbooks because people will buy them even if they don't want them. Now you wouldn't do that, would you? :)

I have pre ordered for now but will cancel if I see a european 2D steelbook release that cost less after shipping is included

I will be also getting at some stage a premium release likely Film Arena but that will be for the Full Slip and Lenti and booklet artcards etc

I have pre ordered for now but will cancel if I see a european 2D steelbook release that cost less after shipping is included

I will be also getting at some stage a premium release likely Film Arena but that will be for the Full Slip and Lenti and booklet artcards etc

Say it isn't so!!! 4K only steelbooks are here to stay. Oh the humanity! :banghead: ;)

Everyone keeps talking about forced 4K we'll in my case it's forced Blu Ray why do I need Blu Ray when I have 4K it was the same when Blu Ray came out what did I need Dvd for? by the way I am absolutely loving 4K and can't believe some people can't see a reasonable difference in picture.
They have to include a Blu Ray copy for the extra features, 4K uses up almost all of the disc space. They could probably get around the issue by using a triple layer disc but I've read that they're difficult to produce,

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
The average customer don't look at releases like that a lot don't sell unwanted items on ebay etc
Most want to spend on a release a price they are used to paying not more than previously been spending
Increase in price leads to deciding not to purchase
Somehow, I don't think we, the people that visit a site dedicated to special editions and collecting them from around the world, are average customers.

Somehow, I don't think we, the people that visit a site dedicated to special editions and collecting them from around the world, are average customers.
A lot of customers who purchase steelbooks and standard and limited editions Blu-rays are not members of web forums or even know about websites like HDN BD etc ;)

Web forum members are only a % of the overall number of customers who purchase Blu-rays be it standard or limited editions

The few hundred HDN members purchasing what about the rest the thousands of other customers who are purchasing a release

I have pre ordered for now

:facepalm:

I spent YEARS paying more for an extra 3D disc I didn’t need. Just saying.

Not entirely true. You had a choice though.

3D discs weren't even included with UK steelbooks 'for years'. I had to hunt down the European steelbooks for 3D.

EG: HMV's Thor or Captain America steelbooks didn't include 3D discs. But at least you had an opportunity to go for either. They weren't forced on you.

The UK market doesn't seem to want to make the same mistake they made with 3D in the early days with 4K now.......

Not entirely true. You had a choice though.

3D discs weren't even included with UK steelbooks 'for years'. I had to hunt down the European steelbooks for 3D.

EG: HMV's Thor or Captain America steelbooks didn't include 3D discs. But at least you had an opportunity to go for either. They weren't forced on you.

The UK market doesn't seem to want to make the same mistake they made with 3D in the early days with 4K now.......

With all due respect I purchased plenty of UK steels with 3D discs included, and paid more for the privilege.

You’re correct that I didn’t HAVE to buy those particular steels, but the movies in question weren’t available in a 2D only steelbook. So I sucked it up.

I was a far more avid collector back then. More discerning now.... ;)

• Thanks
Reactions: Exit35
Steelbooks are essentially worthless pieces of metal anyway, so an unwanted 4K UHD disc is probably the least of anyone’s worries. :LOL:

• Thanks
Reactions: howarmat
Everyone keeps talking about forced 4K we'll in my case it's forced Blu Ray why do I need Blu Ray when I have 4K it was the same when Blu Ray came out what did I need Dvd for? by the way I am absolutely loving 4K and can't believe some people can't see a reasonable difference in picture.

Personally I don't have an issue with them pushing 4K; my issue to down to the price of this steelbook.

No-one ever paid £30 because it had 3D with it, they were £25 max, so charging £30 just because this is 4K, IMO is a rip-off.