Horror-Theatrical Death Note - Streaming on Netflix August 25, 2017

AlienKing

The Matrix has you...
Premium Supporter
May 15, 2014
Ontario, Kanada
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Death Note (2017)

Genre: [GENRE]Horror[/GENRE], [GENRE]Thriller[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Adam Wingard[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Nat Wolff[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Willem Dafoe[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Keith Stanfield[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Margaret Qualley[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Shea Whigham[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Michael Shamus Wiles[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Paul Nakauchi[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Artin John[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]David S. Jung[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Tony Ali[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Christopher Britton[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2017-07-07[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]0[/RUNTIME]

Plot: A bright student named Light stumbles across a mystical notebook that has the power to kill any person whose name he writes in it. He decides to launch a secret crusade to rid the streets of criminals. Soon, the student-turned-vigilante finds himself pursued by a famous detective known only by the alias L.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
fJAvGOitU8y53ByeHnM4avtKFaG.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: PunkNinja
I hope this turns out good. Apparently they are openly 'Americanizing' this.

“Our vision for Death Note has always been to bring this captivating story to the screen for its longtime manga fans and to introduce the world to this dark and mysterious masterpiece. The talent and diversity represented in our cast, writing, and producing teams reflect our belief in staying true to the story’s concept of moral relevance — a universal theme that knows no racial boundaries.” - Producers Roy Lee and Dan Lin

Director: Adam Wingard

Here are some of the (name/character) changes:

Nat Wolff as Light Turner
Shea Winggam as James Turner
Margaret Qualley as Mia Sutton
Keith Stanfield as L
Paul Nakauchi as Watari

Last edited by a moderator:
Netflix's Live-Action Death Note Film Reveals More Characters, Cast, 2017 Premiere

Netflix announced on Friday that its live-action Death Note film will premiere streaming in 2017.

In addition to the 2006 television anime adaptation and tie-in specials, Death Note also received a Japanese live-action film adaptation in 2006, with a sequel titled Death Note: The Last Name, and a spinoff titled L change the WorLd in 2008. A live-action television series adaptation premiered last July, and ended last September. A new film titled Death Note 2016, described as a "forbidden sequel" to the first live-action film, is set to open in Japan on October 29. The manga also inspired a stage musical by Broadway veterans in 2014. Viz released the manga, Japanese live-action films, anime, and other tie-in projects in North America, and Crunchyroll streamed the live-action television series.

Reactions: AlienKing
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Death Note (2017)

Genre: [GENRE]Horror[/GENRE], [GENRE]Thriller[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Adam Wingard[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Nat Wolff[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Willem Dafoe[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Keith Stanfield[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Margaret Qualley[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Shea Whigham[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Michael Shamus Wiles[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Paul Nakauchi[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Artin John[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]David S. Jung[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Tony Ali[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Christopher Britton[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2017-07-07[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]0[/RUNTIME]

Plot: A bright student named Light stumbles across a mystical notebook that has the power to kill any person whose name he writes in it. He decides to launch a secret crusade to rid the streets of criminals. Soon, the student-turned-vigilante finds himself pursued by a famous detective known only by the alias L.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
fpOlhrdPUsjsLg5JjVo1w93OJEh.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

Based on the famous Japanese manga written by Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata, Death Note follows a high school student who comes across a supernatural notebook, realizing it holds within it a great power; if the owner inscribes someone’s name into it while picturing their face, he or she will die. Intoxicated with his new godlike abilities, the young man begins to kill those he deems unworthy of life.
Definitely has my interest :hungry: Thanks for the thread @kaw :thumbs:

Ahhh Hollywood!! Ahhhh whitewashing!! AHHHHHH!!!! :arghh: :p

I still haven't got around to watching all of the original movie (seen bits here and there), but this looks cool... and how perfect is Dafoe for the role for Ryuk?!

@kaw I'm pretty sure i created a thread for this somewhere...

@Noodles I cant think of a better person to play Ryuk than Dafoe. He even got that face to boot. No offense :rofl:
But yea, this look very cool. And very dark. I love it. I have hope because it's with Netflix.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
@AlienKing You're Right. I did a search in the movies section for this and nothing came up... But I always forget to look in the "horror" section. Its too confusing!!!
I'll merge them.

• Thanks
Reactions: AlienKing
This looks like it could be OK

Was worried when this was announced

Agree Dafoe is a perfect choice