4K Mastered Deep Rising (20th Anniversary 4K Remastered Blu-ray) (Kino Lorber) [USA]

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
Release date: August 21, 2018
Order: Amazon
Price: $19.98

DeepRising.jpg

Special Features/Tech Specs:
  • BRAND NEW 4K REMASTER struck from the original camera negative
  • Audio Commentary by Director Stephen Sommers and Editor Bob Ducsay
  • Interview with actor Wes Studi
  • Interview with actor Kevin O'Connor
  • Interview with actor Anthony Heald
  • Interview with second unit director Dean Cundey
  • Interview with VFX John Berton (ILM)
  • Interview with VFX Van Ling (Banned from the Ranch Entertainment)
  • Interview with Brad Proctor (SFX/Make-Up)
  • Interview with Doug Morrow (SFX/Make-Up)
  • Interview with Cinematographer Howard Atherton
  • ILM Behind-the-Scenes Extras (Animatic Sequence/Creature/Tests/Etc.)
  • Newly Commissioned Art by Jacob Phillips
  • Animated Image Gallery (Stills and Behind-the-Scenes)
  • Reversible Blu-ray Art
  • Limited Edition O-Card Slipcase
  • 5.1 Surround and Lossless 2.0 Stereo Audio
  • Theatrical Trailer
  • Optional English SDH subtitles for the main feature

Last edited:
Its pretty obvious but I decided to find out just to be 100% sure from Kino Lorber whether this release was region free and they have confirmed that it will be region locked. :squint:

Did anyone receive this? One particular retailer told me there was "something wrong" with the release? Didn't care to specify.

Can you confirm if all the discs are fine?

Did anyone receive this? One particular retailer told me there was "something wrong" with the release? Didn't care to specify.

Can you confirm if all the discs are fine?

discs are fine but it was originally promoted with a new 4K scan however it turns out it was the same master that appeared on the Mill Creek BD. all references to the 4K scan were deleted from the website

Need to pick it up but since I'm getting this for just bonus features now, i'll wait until it hit the sales

Reactions: denizen
discs are fine but it was originally promoted with a new 4K scan however it turns out it was the same master that appeared on the Mill Creek BD. all references to the 4K scan were deleted from the website

Need to pick it up but since I'm getting this for just bonus features now, i'll wait until it hit the sales
Digital bits says it is a new 4K scan.
http://www.thedigitalbits.com/item/deep-rising-brd

I imagine if it is from the same transfer - it will still be loads better.
Here is what caps don't tell you:
Mill Creek did the first blu ray (coupled with Puppet Masters) - and Mill Creek is famous for extreme compression and low bit rates.
The Mill Creek is also two movies on one BD-50.
The new disc is just the single film on one BD-50, and likely has high bit rate and normal compression ratio.

Thank you again to those who recommended this to me. I had never seen it and got the disc the other day. Some of the effects are hysterical, as to be expected, but I am cool with that since I am a multi-decade horror fan. The sound on this thing was booming! Fun flick, overall @tridon

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
Thank you again to those who recommended this to me. I had never seen it and got the disc the other day. Some of the effects are hysterical, as to be expected, but I am cool with that since I am a multi-decade horror fan. The sound on this thing was booming! Fun flick, overall @tridon

Glad you enjoyed it, DB! I've always had fun with this flick. I wish we could've seen a sequel.

Reactions: digitalbabe
I imagine if it is from the same transfer - it will still be loads better.
Here is what caps don't tell you:
Mill Creek did the first blu ray (coupled with Puppet Masters) - and Mill Creek is famous for extreme compression and low bit rates.
The Mill Creek is also two movies on one BD-50.
The new disc is just the single film on one BD-50, and likely has high bit rate and normal compression ratio.

How is the transfer on this one compared to the double feature one on the one disc. I have that one and was wondering if it is worth upgrading for my 4k projector?