Horror-Arrow-UK Dekalog and Other TV Works (Blu-ray) (Arrow Academy)

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release Date: 17th October 2016
Purchase Links:
Arrow Films
Price: £49.99

13600290_880145065462158_3266287178496097931_n.jpg

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS

• 4K restoration of all ten episodes, presented in their original broadcast aspect ratios

• Original Polish mono soundtrack (uncompressed PCM on the Blu-rays), with optional English subtitles

• Pedestrian Subway (1973, 29 mins), Kieślowski’s professional fiction debut, about a man trying to repair a failed marriage

• First Love (1974, 52 mins), a docudrama about a teenage couple coping with an unwanted pregnancy

• Personnel (1975, 67 mins), Kieślowski’s first feature-length fiction film, a partly autobiographical piece about a Warsaw theatre company

• The Calm (1976, 82 mins), one of Kieślowski’s most powerful early films, about a man rebuilding his life in mid-70s Poland after a short prison sentence

• Short Working Day (1981, 73 mins), Kieślowski’s study of a political strike, controversially told from the viewpoint of a Communist functionary trying to keep order

• Krzysztof Kieślowski: Still Alive (2007), an affectionate 82-minute portrait of the director by his former student Maria Zmarz-Koczanowicz, including interviews with dozens of friends and colleagues

• Collector’s booklet featuring a lengthy essay on Dekalog and Kieślowski by Father Marek Lis, plus Kieślowski’s own intensely self-critical discussion of all the films in this set and Stanley Kubrick’s famous eulogy to Kieślowski and co-writer Krzysztof Piesiewicz

• More extras in development!

Reactions: dan8885
Reactions: dan8885
@dan8885
better get it now, it's sold out in the arrowfilms store.
you can order it from zavvi at the moment for under 50€ with 10% discount code.

Yeah, I wondered yesterday that it's not listed at Arrow anymore. I asked them and they replied it's sold out at their store but still available at Amazon and HMV. Zavvi is not an option with their bad packaging. I thought it will last longer so I can only pick it up next month. Hope it will last till then at one of them..

• Thanks
Reactions: severo