Deliverance (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition) [UK]

Sigill

Lead Steelbook Mod
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 21, 2011
United Kingdom
Release date: 9th November 2015 (Live Sunday 6pm UK time)
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £14.99
Notes: Limited to 1000 copies

11184194-9364335775574478.jpg

Last edited:
Payment processing.

Q: What does the Bible say about deliverance ?
A: Deliverance is defined as "a rescue from bondage or danger". Deliverance in the Bible is the act of God whereby He rescues His people from peril. In the Old Testament, deliverance is focused primarily on God's removal of those who are in the midst of trouble or danger "Our soul has escaped as a bird out of the snare of the trapper, the snare is broken and we have escaped."
There is also the other aspect of deliverance where God brings his people into confrontation with their enemies so that they can defeat them, but the result can be a deliverance into the hands of the (police) for the purpose of judgement.
Of course, in the film it is more along the lines of "an eye for an eye" and any prosecutions of the three characters still standing at the end is unlikely, although they may require another form of deliverance in the future in order to come to terms with what they experienced on the Cahulawassee River and to exorcise their personal 'demons' so that the traumatic shared experience does not ruin their lives and destroy the chance of happiness in the future . . .

Unfairly ignored at the Oscars (up against "The French Connection" and "Fiddler on the Roof") it was nevertheless selected for preservation in the U.S. National Film Registry by the Library of Congress as being "culturally, historically or aesthetically significant".

"Deliverence" AKA "A Quiet Week-End of Fear"

"This is the week-end they didn't play golf"

Last edited:
Got this yesterday from Amazon.de and I'm not happy with it. The artwork is great, yes. But the finish is not so good. It's not glossy and the colours didn't pop. It has this metallic shiny look which does not fit the artwork. It was only 15€ but 10€ would be appropiate.

Got this yesterday from Amazon.de and I'm not happy with it. The artwork is great, yes. But the finish is not so good. It's not glossy and the colours didn't pop. It has this metallic shiny look which does not fit the artwork. It was only 15€ but 10€ would be appropiate.
Should this not be posted in the German thread then?

Maybe the 2 copies differ?

Could be but I don't think so. All the last Warner Steelbooks were the same except the J-Card. The Zavvi one is pricey compared to others (Amazon.de, Amazon.fr) so I think for everyone in the UK who hasn't bought it yet it could be important to get an early Impression.

Sutch an AMAZING film and its made to look like a bad 70's travel billboard poster with that frount .

Back and inside YHEA that frount HELL NO .

Those who love it well done and enjoy .

Me nnnaaahhh Thank You ! .

Sutch an AMAZING film and its made to look like a bad 70's travel billboard poster with that frount .

Back and inside YHEA that frount HELL NO .

Those who love it well done and enjoy .

Me nnnaaahhh Thank You ! .

Original poster art...I'm extremely pleased. It's meant to look '70s as it was made in the '70s! Also it's actual artwork and not some lazy Pop Art or Photoshopped big heads.

• Thanks
Reactions: JackRegan
Original poster art...I'm extremely pleased. It's meant to look '70s as it was made in the '70s! Also it's actual artwork and not some lazy Pop Art or Photoshopped big heads.

Agreed I know its the original poster art I just feel that the finish maybe or the frount to back could have made it truely STUNNING .

NOT a fan of Pop art or Photoshop . This one needed a bit of OOMMPH to match the OOMMPH of the movie .

Reactions: lolwut