55.2 KB · Views: 299
  • inside.jpg
    inside.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 283
  • thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 258
Last edited by a moderator:
Some studios only give exclusivity for x, and then it goes trade wide. Been the case with several titles over years. All depends on studio and terms. Don't have further details on this particular title, but fyi.

::: Staff/Community Manager :::

I don't know about US trade laws, but here in the UK you are not allowed to say a product is exclusive to you if at ANY point it will be sold by other companies. It must be sold as "exclusive for a limited period".

The fact Zavvi are not based in the UK means they can get round this. If they were a UK registered company then trading standards would throw the book at them for selling anything listed as "Zavvi exclusive" if that's not always going to be the case. Several stores in recent years have faced heavy fines for saying "exclusive" when it turned out they were sold cheaper later on. UK Law very much protects the consumer and always places the guilt on the seller.

Zavvi charged a lot of money for this as an "exclusive" now its being sold for less than half that by other stores. Zavvi should be thankful they are not based here. They would legally be obliged to do a lot of refunding!

If a company "told" them they had to mark it as a Zavvi exclusive they would also be open to being sued and trading standards would make their life very difficult. The UK doesn't like corporations dictating to stores, just ask Sony they have faced millions of pounds in UK fines for doing just that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ranavalone
has anyone bothered to look at sainsburys one, the only one i can see here

looks like a completely different steel from where i'm sitting to what zavvi is selling, so regards words exclusive could only ever relate to zavvis version surely! i appreciate the sainsburys one says artwork tbc but until someone has it hand, i got a feeling art will be as shown and there for different. so zavvi would not have a leg to stand on.

ProductImage-7690194.jpg

has anyone bothered to look at sainsburys one, the only one i can see here

looks like a completely different steel from where i'm sitting to what zavvi is selling, so regards words exclusive could only ever relate to zavvis version surely! i appreciate the sainsburys one says artwork tbc but until someone has it hand, i got a feeling art will be as shown and there for different. so zavvi would not have a leg to stand on.

ProductImage-7690194.jpg

Yes, they have

Despicable Me 2 Steelbook has vanished completely from Sainsbury’s Website

? were they suppose to have it and got pulled as usually even sold out or no longer available still shows up on Sainsbury’s

Its completely gone no longer listed

Last edited:
now for those that bought this at £22.99 you is now going to be pissed off now!
on zavvi atm £14.99 now :ordered:

hope helps some of you out there who hung on like me!

basil :thumbs: