Dexter: The Complete Series Collection (Limited Edition Box Set) [USA/Canada/UK]

CyberAthlete

Premium Supporter
Dec 12, 2011
Chicago, IL
76a87105-414d-4b1d-a9f8-ca55a3bf5d77_zps9fed888a (1).jpg

CLICK LINKS TO GO DIRECTLY TO EACH COUNTRY'S POST:

USA:
Release Date: Nov 12th, 2013
Current Price: $259.99
Pre-order: Amazon
CANADA

UK (Zavvi Exclusive)

Last edited by a moderator:
I pre-ordered this at the ridiculous price of $295aus.... was so excited unpacking it only to be gutted the second I realized it was not actually a "real" wooden box then came the anger :angry: :hilarious: its still a great box set but not worth the price & the lowest I have seen here is $235aus

I bought this for the mrs' daughter and partner for Christmas last year and from what I have seen of it, it looks really nice. Not quite the cardboard box that some people have reported. It's a clever design for a final complete boxset that is an integral part of the series. Pricey? Yes at £145 GBP but not too bad when you break it down in to 8 series and extras and a lovely box.

For future viewers of the thread, this was once $110 Amazon Gold Box Deal May 2014. Beats my cart price of $322 back in the day when the first in-hand pictures got out and showed a cardboard -- not wood -- box. Finally ordered today. $110!

Dark Passenger in the Shelter…
In general the box is ok…for the price of day deal (-70%) on the amazon. Normal price don’t justify this edition. I will not comment that it is not wood cause it was well know fact since comic-con where it was presented.
Main disappointments:
- Book don’t fit to the brown box…so if you want to show wooden alike box on your shelf you have to throw away white box and the book also…
- Blood cells for disc…are glued where the red is…so the corners are loose…that means that they can be damaged very easily.
- Bonuses only as BD-LIVE to each season and one disc with bonuses to all seasons. As far as I remember Breaking Bad…there was much, much more…
Detailed photos of the box and the book you can find on the blog.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7tSVu82rg...ies_Collection_Limited_Edition_Box_Set_01.jpg

Reactions: dirtyoak
i wonder if the reviews on amazon for this are true. reviews stated that it isnt a sturdy collection and it feels cheap. :/

i wonder if the reviews on amazon for this are true. reviews stated that it isnt a sturdy collection and it feels cheap. :/
If you are referring to the blood slides edition, mine feels pretty sturdy. But definitely not worth the list price (I think $500 CAD). May be they paid a lot of money and expected something more?

If you are referring to the blood slides edition, mine feels pretty sturdy. But definitely not worth the list price (I think $500 CAD). May be they paid a lot of money and expected something more?

idk bro, my friend actually paid full american price, which was 160 but it was all right for him. everything was nice. Maybe there are just some bs'ers on amazon. because i wouldnt see how the slides would be so lose as explained in some reviews. oh well hahaha

Reactions: AlienKing
idk bro, my friend actually paid full american price, which was 160 but it was all right for him. everything was nice. Maybe there are just some bs'ers on amazon. because i wouldnt see how the slides would be so lose as explained in some reviews. oh well hahaha
I paid $130 for them last year so I don't have any complaints. I think the blood slides is a better representation of the show than the other edition. The "slides", aka the discs, can only come lose if they had the whole wooden box stored upside down :confused: so definitely something fishy about those reviews :LOL:

I paid $130 for them last year so I don't have any complaints. I think the blood slides is a better representation of the show than the other edition. The "slides", aka the discs, can only come lose if they had the whole wooden box stored upside down :confused: so definitely something fishy about those reviews :LOL:
good to know thanks! i might get this if it goes lower than $100. amazon usually tend to do that. so fingers crossed! hahaha

Now that I've gotten Star Trek: TNG complete series, Battlestar Galactica complete series, Spartacus complete series and the Sopranos complete series I'll start saving up for this set too. :thumbs:
If they would just release Stargate: SG1 complete series on Blu-ray I would be complete. Dammit what are they waiting for? :arghh:

With the UK one sold out - hows best to get this? I presume customs will hit hard if I order from America. Any eu country expecting these?