Die Hard Collection (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: May 14, 2018
Purchase link: Zavvi (pre-order Wednesday 11th at around 12pm BST midday)
Price: £34.99
Notes: Includes Die Hard 1-5

11711494-1064563595402413.jpg

11711494-1714563597007653.jpg
11711494-1724563595687764.jpg

Last edited:
Man, I always loved those prints that you did! Was hoping to see a Crow one from you. :naughty:
Thanks Ken! I did plan to continue them, but just never got around to it... plus now I feel like I could do them better - maybe actually add some detail in the background etc.

If I do ever decide to continue/recreate them, then I'll be sure to do one for The Crow. ;)

• Thanks
Reactions: spass and tridon
How about releasing Die Hard 3 with matching artwork to the individual steelbooks that you released a couple of years ago?

I know that it is a different distributor why release three of the movies with matching artwork only to leave out the third movie?

Also while your at it Lethal Weapon 2,3 & 4 (4th film because of my completest OCD)

And Beverly Hills cop 2 and go on then 3 as well in similar matching artwork to the first films that you have previously released

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
I kinda like it, especially if it receives the right finish (spot-gloss and debossed bullet holes, as Ash mentioned).

The black w/ white silhouette design reminds me of some old prints I did a few years ago...

View attachment 364633 View attachment 364634 View attachment 364635 View attachment 364636
View attachment 364637 View attachment 364638 View attachment 364639 View attachment 364640

Still baffles me how both studios can work together to give us a full collection edition for all the movies, but can't give us separate matching steels, which I'm sure would be the preferred option for many, since Die Hard 6 is apparently now in the works... for that reason, I'll be passing on this.
Those are your designs for real? I saw the Matrix on some other site and i wanted to buy it. But i couldnt find the source, so i never did.

• Thanks
How about releasing Die Hard 3 with matching artwork to the individual steelbooks that you released a couple of years ago?

I know that it is a different distributor why release three of the movies with matching artwork only to leave out the third movie?

Also while your at it Lethal Weapon 2,3 & 4 (4th film because of my completest OCD)

And Beverly Hills cop 2 and go on then 3 as well in similar matching artwork to the first films that you have previously released

Believe or not but they did actually align the artwork for the THX Trilogy set on VHS. Those were the days when studios put effort into their releases

AC9EA7E5-0666-4B5A-BE74-255BA2E4CAF4.jpeg

• Thanks
Reactions: R4FFO and Hereticz
Those are your designs for real? I saw the Matrix on some other site and i wanted to buy it. But i couldnt find the source, so i never did.
Ohh cool! Do you remember what site it was? I actually sell them at a few places... I'll message you shortly with links if you're still interested in buying it. :)

I just realised that they are using the US title of ‘Live Free or Die Hard’ for part 4. It was called Die Hard 4.0 everywhere else (even the title was changed on screen)

Price won't be £49.99 when it goes live to order
It will be a lot less
Price listed at the moment is RRP price not the actual retail price

Ignore the £49.99 price

Ohh cool! Do you remember what site it was? I actually sell them at a few places... I'll message you shortly with links if you're still interested in buying it. :)
For sure. Let me know :thumbs:
And sorry, I can't remember which site. It was a while back. May be, just may be, it was displate.

• Thanks
For sure. Let me know :thumbs:
And sorry, I can't remember which site. It was a while back. May be, just may be, it was displate.
Oops, forgot about this! Will contact you now. ;)

There's a good chance it was Displate, because that's one the places I sell them. :p

So is it just the 4 movies in this?
Or does it contain that other movie thats not a Die Hard movie but they stuck Die Hard in the title in the hopes that people would go to it & finally give Jai Courtney a career?
Sadly, the 5th movie is the only TRUE Die Hard movie (I agree that it lacks the charms of the previous four). The rest were all adapted from previous unrelated source materials and "Die Hard" was added to THEIR names to garner better box office returns. A Good Day to Die Hard is the first original Die Hard script.

I think I read somewhere that Die Hard was originally meant to be done way back in the 70's but years of misdirection and major stars turning it down meant it came out when it did. And a good thing it failed to get the green light back in the 70's or we would never had had the classic we had and certainly not the brilliant performance of the late and sadly missed Alan Rickman. I can't remember the original novel that Die Hard was based on. Anyone here enlighten us?

I think I read somewhere that Die Hard was originally meant to be done way back in the 70's but years of misdirection and major stars turning it down meant it came out when it did. And a good thing it failed to get the green light back in the 70's or we would never had had the classic we had and certainly not the brilliant performance of the late and sadly missed Alan Rickman. I can't remember the original novel that Die Hard was based on. Anyone here enlighten us?

From IMDB:

Clint Eastwood originally owned the rights to the novel "Nothing Lasts Forever" on which the film is based, and planned to star in the film around the early 1980s.