[WINNERS CHOSEN] Digitalbabe's 3 $25 Amazon Giftcard bonanza-movies that suck, movies that rock!

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Per random.org the winners are:

Amazon GC1 @darklocke
Amazon GC2 @pi2loc
Amazon GC3 @snoopcat1987

ninja-week-18-top.png

amazon1.jpg

Hello Ninjas!

Welcome to NINJA WEEK 2018!

In this personal giveaway, post a short movie review of the last film you saw in the theater or at home.

(3) winners will pick a gift card for any Amazon site at the coclusion of the contest on 2/25/2018.

Good luck ninjas!
#bestweekever #ninjaweek #hidefninja

Don't forget to download your free HDN Wallpaper here!

HDN wallpaper.png

Last edited:
Fantastic giveaway @digitalbabe

I recently saw Jupiter Ascending for the first time. Although a visually impressive movie, i felt it got too much happening from the start resulting in a cluttered movie which kind of explained it;'s fate. Never worked for me although i have seen far worse. So I would give it a generous 2 & a half stars.

The Scorch Trials (2nd viewing)

Amazing sequel. This is how sequels should be made. Kept me engaged throughout the film even though it's my second viewing. Action scenes were thrilling. A few shaky cam action scenes might put you off, but i was so invested in the film that i didnt mind them at all. The characters and the choices they make felt very real and not a cheap gimmick to keep the story progressing. And the story progressed at the right pace. Cant wait to see the 3rd film. Hopefully in theatres.

Thanks for the giveaway DB :)

For me it was Dark Places from 2015.

I thought it was a good quick flick with a good performance by Charlize theron. It definetly didn't deserve all the bad rap it got in my opinion!

The last movie I watched was Blade Runner 2049. I liked it, it's a good sequel. Good story and visually almost as good as the first one. The only thing that I missed a bit is the much darker atmosphere and feel of the old classic. But overall very well done.

The Desaster Artist - The documentary stil movie about Tommy Wiseau and the Creation of "the Room". The worlds "official" best worst movie ever made.
Great movie with great chemistry between its two leads. Side splitingly funny and deeply touching at times. Could have had a little more edge formy taste.

Daddys Home 2 :bag::bag:

Just wanted to watch a comedy movie to relax, and it was ok. The continuation was ok, some nice gags but nothing you have to watch.

Watched "John Wick: Chapter 2" on Blu-ray over the weekend. It was a blind buy, but I'd seen the first one so I knew what I was getting. Great gun-fu, and car-fu just like the first film. Tom Cruise isn't the only one in Hollywood still doing his own stunts in his fifties. Also, neat behind-the-scenes footage showing Keanu sweating his butt off during his judo training, and also showing him at the track and the shooting range. I gave the movie a B rating.

Thanks for the contest!

Thanks for the giveaway!

My mini-review of The Shape of Water:

A showcase of a master at his visual best. That del Toro is at his most creative, most free is apparent throughout, & the movie holds a tenderness not usually present in a del Toro feature.
This movie, more so than any other of his career, sees del Toro exploring acceptance. And not just acceptance, but more importantly - love. Love that comes from acceptance. A love that knows no shape - like water.

Well the last movie i saw in the theater was Last Jedi. I did enjoy aspects of the movie, but as a whole it left me wanting. i just feel like the tone of the film was not Star Wars, maybe the director should have held off this style of film for his announced new trilogy.

Thanks for this giveaway!

The Circle: it is not great movie as cinematographically, but it is a wonderfull distopya. it looks like an epidoses of Black Mirrors. it shows the danger that a state or another power centre which can gets all information about us and can centralize it and can use against our freedoms.

Lady Bird

I had really high hopes for this one, and unfortunally it comes out very late here in the Netherlands. I wanted to see it before the Oscars (always make it a mission to see all the Best Picture movies), so I had to pirate it. Shame on me... I know.

But, I will purchase it because I did love it! Maybe not as mucb as someone who can relate to Lady Bird as a character and her story (me not being an 18 year old female senior in high school and all..) but I loved the cinematography and the editing, as well as the performances and score. One of the better coming of age films to come out in recent years along with Edge of Seventeen!

Thanks! :)

Recently watched Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
The acting done by the (3) leads are noteworthy and worthy of the praise they've been getting from the various award shows recently. The movie combined elements of drama and comedy which helped keep the overall flow light and moving at a pace without feeling like it was dragging. The only way I think it could have been better is [possible "spoiler" ahead] if they concluded the whole event about the murder being looked into; I thought it just kinda ended without due conclusion to the issue the entirety of the movie focuses on.

Last film I saw was What Happened To Monday, and here is a short review:

Although it's premise succeeds, the execution of it is nowhere near it's potential. The film entertains and (somewhat) thrills at the same time, but it feels like it could have been much better. Noomi Rapace's accent is a small obstacle, and Norwegian director Tommy Wirkola's persistance at using 3 Norwegian actors also feels pushed. The screenplay also lacks conclusion on some of the threads is start to unravel along the main story line, which makes the film feel uncomplete.

I was thinking it deserved 3 out of 5, but the more I think about it this is a 2 out of 5 kind of film.

American Made

Great film and Tom Cruise played his role perfectly full of charm and subtle humour really is not many roles he can’t pull off
The film itself isn’t exactly action packed it’s a very clever and interesting series of events that keeps you hooked and leaves you speechless how something small can snowball into such a major thing
Based on true events too highly recommend it

1. FREE FIRE directed by Ben Wheatley answers the question what happens when you find yourself in a Mexican stand off. It's well written with larger than life characters and you quickly find yourself totally absorbed in the storyline whilst occupying the edge of your seat.

Black Panther

A solid 4/5 and a fantastic entry into the MCU. Taking place after the events of Civil War we see how T'Challa takes over the throne from his father. It's everything you want from a Marvel movie and more. I don't agree with the critics saying it's the best Marvel movie to date and Michael B Jordan certainly is not the best Marvel movie villain either, however he is very good!

Last movie i saw in theaters was Black Panther, great movie by the way.
It's the first movie by this director i see and i need to see others Ryan Coogler movies because make a superhero movie with some powerful messages like this needs a smart and great director.
The cast was perfect in any choice, Micheal B Jordan outstanding but all cast was great, Chedwick, Lupita, Forest and Angela Bennet are so great actors that feel odd to remark, extra mention for Danai Gurira that was the best of all powerful lady's in this movie.
Simplify i can say that the plot was basically a struggle for the leadership of Wakanda, with a bit of 007 style, some family trouble, a good amount of marvel action and powerful messages.

Thanks for the giveaway

Darkest hour short review

This movie will makes people think of Lincoln, but also the Dunkirk movie. The performance of Oldman is by far amazing, inspiring. And his portrait of Churchill is human and touching. The story focus on the political side of the events in Britain, and in that sens, just enough of the war is said and showed.

I watched RoboCop (1987) yesterday evening at home. It was my "first time" watching that movie (except as a kid, but couldnt remember much). YES, I know that is a huge shame. :D
I was surprised how brutal and bloody this movie is, especially because it's "only" a action movie. Even compared with todays action movies, there are a lot of cool shooting scenes with great blood and flesh splatters.
Story was not that deep and the emotional parts couldnt really catch me but I loved to see the effort and effects. The big-ass-not-working first "robocop" machine looks really awesome and is (in contrast to todays movieindustrie) a real model and not just CGI, moved with stop-motion. All in all a good catch-up for me and my watchlist.

Thanks for the give-away! :>

@bloodsnake007 @DADDYCOOL187 : Negotiation's over. Sentence is tag. ~ #TheLaw

Last edited:
Last night I watched When We First Met on Netflix. It's an interesting enough concept (although I can't help but feel he wasted a good opportunity to do anything he wanted without consequences) if somewhat creepy. It was funny is places but it's not going to have to rolling on the floor. A good enough film to put on while you're doing something else. 3/5

Status
Not open for further replies.