Display Units/Bookshelves-Show your Collection!

Feb 17, 2011
Im not sure if there is a thread on this already if so not sure where to find.
But most of my collection is on a couple of folding tables some stuff stacked on top of each other due to lack of space or too much stuff lol.

Most are still in there boxes still sealed but be nice to have some on display.

What do you guys have or use to show off your collection?
Display case or bookshelf or other?

Im interested to know of any ikea stuff you got recently and how much and what was it called.
But other ideas or stuff might be usefull to know as may find similar.

Post your pics if you can so i can see what they are like.
I have no idea what to get as yet so reason i have started this thread. Thanks.

well i am quite jealous none the less. but i currently have zero display space for now anyway.

all of your collections look awesome!

@GI_SnakeEyes how do you even move about that room there are so many special editions everywhere! haha

Reactions: elle82
well i am quite jealous none the less. but i currently have zero display space for now anyway.

all of your collections look awesome!

@GI_SnakeEyes how do you even move about that room there are so many special editions everywhere! haha

So I'm guessing you like it? Haha. Well it is a nice size bedroom that use to house a queen size bedroom set with 2 end tables and a dresser, but I mean do I really need 2 guest bedrooms? LOL I thing I'm going to buy 2 more bookshelves with the extended tops and put them back to back in the middle of the room.

All the real tall ones between my regular bluray shelves. So starting from the heads Case all the way down the wall ending with the case with the Game of thrones are IKEA book cases, they even sell an extension for the top if you want to add one more row of shelves on the top.

The truck is the Texas Chainsaw Massacre box set

So what where the book cases called in IKEA billy?
Which ones did you say? That one in corner with heads in it is that IKEA? If so do they have names just so I'm looking at right ones.
I'm thinking the ones with your heads in are not as wide, but are you saying they can be higher by adding an extension?
And from that corner all the way down the side of your wall are these billy ones if that's what they are but just wider and again extensions can be added?
Are these heavy or easy tipped over as don't really want to fix to wall..
I'm thinking between these and some glass cabinets would be good.

All the real tall ones between my regular bluray shelves. So starting from the heads Case all the way down the wall ending with the case with the Game of thrones are IKEA book cases, they even sell an extension for the top if you want to add one more row of shelves on the top.

The truck is the Texas Chainsaw Massacre box set

I'm know this in in Australia but in Perth here they don't seems to stock all the same stock as in east Australia but are these what you have?

http://www.ikea.com/aa/en/catalog/products/S89217746/

http://www.ikea.com/aa/en/catalog/products/20263849/

And is this what's in corner with your heads in:

http://www.ikea.com/aa/en/catalog/products/70263837/

Im thinking these maybe the extensions you talked about,are these on yours:

http://www.ikea.com/aa/en/catalog/products/70263861/

http://www.ikea.com/aa/en/catalog/products/90263855/

Thanks

So what where the book cases called in IKEA billy?
Which ones did you say? That one in corner with heads in it is that IKEA? If so do they have names just so I'm looking at right ones.
I'm thinking the ones with your heads in are not as wide, but are you saying they can be higher by adding an extension?
And from that corner all the way down the side of your wall are these billy ones if that's what they are but just wider and again extensions can be added?
Are these heavy or easy tipped over as don't really want to fix to wall..
I'm thinking between these and some glass cabinets would be good.

Yes the are all billy's even the thinner ones with the heads. I find them to be quite sturdy, I do not have them fixed to my walls, the one thing i got from ikea was a special bracket if you want it to turn the corner (like my thinner "head" shelf does) it attaches the 2 so the corner one doesn't move.

Yes the are all billy's even the thinner ones with the heads. I find them to be quite sturdy, I do not have them fixed to my walls, the one thing i got from ikea was a special bracket if you want it to turn the corner (like my thinner "head" shelf does) it attaches the 2 so the corner one doesn't move.
Which ones are the from links i posted,just trying to figure out for size for fitting items in like you show.

all of the links you put are the the billys I have, the two top ones are the wide and narrow, and the other 2 links you put are the extensions for them
So the corner one is not one i linked above as your corner one seems small?
The two i listed are different sizes would need to look closer at your set up but from corner down side of wall i thought was all same size?

So the corner one is not one i linked above as your corner one seems small?
The two i listed are different sizes would need to look closer at your set up but from corner down side of wall i thought was all same size?

OMG yes the corner one IS in the link, the first 2 are the exact same billy (A,B), only the one comes with the extension for top with it in the box (B), the other doesn't (A). That's why I said the 2 top ones (A,C) meaning only ONE from the first 2 identical billy's (A,B), and the other one at the top under those links, the 3rd link (C). I put pictures of what A, B, and C stand for below. SO from Corner to the last one, my set up goes.....

non IKEA Blu-ray Rack, C, A, A, A, non IKEA Blu-ray Rack

....Please tell me you get it now? hahaha

billy-bookcase__0252347_PE391171_S4.JPG

A
billy-bookcase__0503889_PE632969_S4.JPG

B
billy-bookcase__0252338_PE391165_S4.JPG

C

OMG yes the corner one IS in the link, the first 2 are the exact same billy (A,B), only the one comes with the extension for top with it in the box (B), the other doesn't (A). That's why I said the 2 top ones (A,C) meaning only ONE from the first 2 identical billy's (A,B), and the other one at the top under those links, the 3rd link (C). I put pictures of what A, B, and C stand for below. SO from Corner to the last one, my set up goes.....

non IKEA Blu-ray Rack, C, A, A, A, non IKEA Blu-ray Rack

....Please tell me you get it now? hahaha

billy-bookcase__0252347_PE391171_S4.JPG

A
billy-bookcase__0503889_PE632969_S4.JPG

B
billy-bookcase__0252338_PE391165_S4.JPG

C

Think so bit confused on this:

That's why I said the 2 top ones (A,C) meaning only ONE from the first 2 identical billy's (A,B), and the other one at the top under those links, the 3rd link (C).

Now that i look at pics closer a and b same just one has extension never noticed that,i never thought to check sizes but pics made it look to appear one wider than other,never noticed it was higher with extra shelf (extension).

As for corner one c im thinking either this comes with extension or not to match with other with extention.you mention on b.

But cheers for pointing that out sometimes its better seeing this stuff in store lol.
Just wanted to be sure what i maybe looking at was same as yours as looks ideal for a few things i have.

And if im not mistaken there is bracelets to join corner to others.
Cheers for the info

if anyone's getting stuff it's me. i'm only a few hours away from him so i could just go pick it up ! :p

Hey if you ever wanted to take the drive and check out my collection up close you're more then welcomed to. I have friends that come over and have been in there over a handful amount of times and still see new stuff that they didn't notice was there the last time they were in there. Most of the time it's old sets that were there the whole time.