Display Units/Bookshelves-Show your Collection!

Feb 17, 2011
Im not sure if there is a thread on this already if so not sure where to find.
But most of my collection is on a couple of folding tables some stuff stacked on top of each other due to lack of space or too much stuff lol.

Most are still in there boxes still sealed but be nice to have some on display.

What do you guys have or use to show off your collection?
Display case or bookshelf or other?

Im interested to know of any ikea stuff you got recently and how much and what was it called.
But other ideas or stuff might be usefull to know as may find similar.

Post your pics if you can so i can see what they are like.
I have no idea what to get as yet so reason i have started this thread. Thanks.

Ohhh ok very cool will definitely help with some of my shelves. I thought you were talking about something else. What do you use to keep your steels and comics standing upright facing forward. I need those.

Reactions: elle82
I like the IKEA Besta shelves for storing Blu-rays/DVDs/Steelbooks. They are not too deep like the Billy although I think IKEA came out with a shallow Billy since the time I bought my shelves. @Alistair G idea is great for a combo of media with other stuff! Having movies sit really far back in a self would bug me a lot.

When I moved into my house, I used the Besta shelves I had at my apartment to make a built-in where there was a closet in the basement.

Free standing
IMG_9162_zps9759467a.jpg

Built in
IMG_0823_zpstyww4aqz.jpg

Also, a cool "hack" for anyone using IKEA shelves with the "foot" type adjustable shelf holder: if you need to adjust the height less than one preexisting hole, turn the feet upside down like this
20150515_231235_zpsrmxcjsz9.jpg

This was crucial for the spacing of my shelves to maximize capacity of a combination of Blu-rays and DVDs

I like the IKEA Besta shelves for storing Blu-rays/DVDs/Steelbooks. They are not too deep like the Billy although I think IKEA came out with a shallow Billy since the time I bought my shelves. @Alistair G idea is great for a combo of media with other stuff! Having movies sit really far back in a self would bug me a lot.

When I moved into my house, I used the Besta shelves I had at my apartment to make a built-in where there was a closet in the basement.

Free standing
IMG_9162_zps9759467a.jpg

Built in
IMG_0823_zpstyww4aqz.jpg

Also, a cool "hack" for anyone using IKEA shelves with the "foot" type adjustable shelf holder: if you need to adjust the height less than one preexisting hole, turn the feet upside down like this
20150515_231235_zpsrmxcjsz9.jpg

This was crucial for the spacing of my shelves to maximize capacity of a combination of Blu-rays and DVDs
These shelves look really nice. Great collection!

Reactions: bd251
Thought i would post this of my other shelf. I bought this last year for my standard blus.

Sorry i couldnt get the photo to upload right despite rotating it every way and trying to upload it the right way up. I apologise if u get a sore neck. lol

20170203_105932.jpg

Anyone own the detolf glass cabinets from ikea wondering if you added lights and if so what.
I have read current ones ikea sell now compared to before are not as good.
Have heard of wireless battery ones but batteries go flat quick.
Just wondering what others have used.
Something that will not damage items inside cabinet with heat from light.
Picked up 3 of these about month ago when on offer. Still got a few billy's to get but gradually get each month and a lot of work moving stuff around in room.
But hopefully be able to display my stuff after so many years of just sitting about stuck away in boxes.
Was just curious if anyone had detolf glass cabinets if you installed lights.

Are these any good?
http://m.ikea.com/aa/en/catalog/products/art/50119426/

I used these:

https://www.buyunderlight.com/

Battery operated and motion activated and can be mounted almost anywhere! For $14.95 you get a battery pack + 2 LED light strips that can be linked to form a 24" strip. I bought 3 kits to create two 36" strips connected to two battery packs.

There is a switch that allows you to keep the light on from 1 - 3 minutes before it cuts off automatically!