Display Units/Bookshelves-Show your Collection!

Feb 17, 2011
Im not sure if there is a thread on this already if so not sure where to find.
But most of my collection is on a couple of folding tables some stuff stacked on top of each other due to lack of space or too much stuff lol.

Most are still in there boxes still sealed but be nice to have some on display.

What do you guys have or use to show off your collection?
Display case or bookshelf or other?

Im interested to know of any ikea stuff you got recently and how much and what was it called.
But other ideas or stuff might be usefull to know as may find similar.

Post your pics if you can so i can see what they are like.
I have no idea what to get as yet so reason i have started this thread. Thanks.

:OMG:
nrKZlps.gif

F*cking AWESOME! collection @Mark Wilson :thumbs: Thanks for sharing and welcome to HDN buddy :D (How have you not joined sooner? :p:LOL:). I'd love to see more pics when possible :watch:
@Mickle_89 I've posted a thread in the Man Caves/Lady Lairs section if you fancy a gander. Cheers.

• Thanks
Reactions: Asopp
Wow, that is impressive! How many blu-rays do you own if this is only a small portion? It looks more like a store than a private collection. Very polished!

Remember when Toys R Us would give away free shopping sprees? Winners would be given a specific amount of time to shove ANYTHING and EVERYTHING, as much as he/she could, into their baskets for free! I used to dream about winning that as a kid...

I would love to win a free shopping spree to your collection!
"There's millions said Jeffrey all under one roof..." I've got the Toys R Us jingle in my head now. :sing:

• Thanks
Reactions: elle82 and Shaggy78
You don't live near Dallas by any chance? I'd love to see your collection!

Looks to be he lives by Australia in Tasmania ........

I'm not too far from Dallas ... you should go to Mondo Con in Austin Texas later this year in November ... quite a few Ninjas going. HDN will have a booth as well.

last year .......

@Timanator nice looking stuff and cool you've been able to stick to one thing ........ im completely scattered.
never seen that akira.

@bwatt99 I use Besta cabinets from Ikea with glass doors for my statues. I use Atlantic Oskar for media rack as it holds a TON of movies and relatively cheap. Made with cheapy particle board. I had 2 like this so I continued on........ one day tho , or if I had to do it all over i would go for white shelves instead as it just really helps movies pop. So anything white from ikea seems to be good options. I hear the word Billy thrown around a lot too at Ikea so check into Billy Bookcase

Lastly I do have 2 DETOLF cabinets and they are like $60 each. They look exactly like what @Mark Wilson has his terminator stuff in his pic in ...... so perhaps he is using the same.

These are my besta cabinets

Oskar Atlantic (nothing special , but holds a lot)

do you like my toys?

just kidding ........ that is a toy museum not far from dallas @Shaggy78 in Oklahoma worth visiting ......

this is one part of my Man Cave tho ......... the move racks are not in the pic, but to the right.
Got lucky and scored that glass cabinet from a store closing down near by.

12301344_1036774569677388_453936037_n.jpg

Oh and cant take away from the fact that @Mark Wilson posted an EPIC post and his collection is displayed beautifully and how I would love to do mine. I think I got enough **** to do it! Just dont want to drop all that $$$$$ on white shelves anytime soon. lol. I would need a lot of them. :naughty:

I'm not too far from Dallas ... you should go to Mondo Con in Austin Texas later this year in November ... quite a few Ninjas going. HDN will have a booth as well.

last year .......

@Timanator nice looking stuff and cool you've been able to stick to one thing ........ im completely scattered.
never seen that akira.

@bwatt99 I use Besta cabinets from Ikea with glass doors for my statues. I use Atlantic Oskar for media rack as it holds a TON of movies and relatively cheap. Made with cheapy particle board. I had 2 like this so I continued on........ one day tho , or if I had to do it all over i would go for white shelves instead as it just really helps movies pop. So anything white from ikea seems to be good options. I hear the word Billy thrown around a lot too at Ikea so check into Billy Bookcase

Lastly I do have 2 DETOLF cabinets and they are like $60 each. They look exactly like what @Mark Wilson has his terminator stuff in his pic in ...... so perhaps he is using the same.

do you like my toys?

just kidding ........ that is a toy museum not far from dallas @Shaggy78 in Oklahoma worth visiting ......

this is one part of my Man Cave tho ......... the move racks are not in the pic, but to the right.

Oh and cant take away from the fact that @Mark Wilson posted an EPIC post and his collection is displayed beautifully and how I would love to do mine. I think I got enough **** to do it! Just dont want to drop all that $$$$$ on white shelves anytime soon. lol. I would need a lot of them. :naughty:

Thanks for the shout out @Wreck :thumbs:. These pictures of your man cave are incredible too. Love the models in that light up display cabinet - you did great scoring that - and that wall of steelbooks looks insane! Would love to see more of your entire movie collection :woot: I bet it's truly impressive.

• Thanks
Reactions: elle82

last year .......

never seen that akira.

do you like my toys?

Holy sh*t!:LOL: TEXANS carpeting?!!:hilarious:
:notworthy: You are a true fan to your team, sir!:D
(I just rock a t shirt, jacket, or a lid!)

Nice Man Cave!! Man I'd love to have my own little world to retreat to like that!

I'd love to go to Austin! Unfortunately, its impossible for me to commit to anything in the future because my ability to leave the house is dependent on my pain levels at the time. :( If I'm feeling up to it and think I can drive I'd LOVE to go though. I can't drive at night so I'd have to stay there and head back the next but I have a lot of friends in Austin I haven't seen since all this pain crap started. Would be fun!

We moved all the glass cabinets into another room since i last posted pictures. Not the greatest photo because of the angle but you get the idea lol. The lighting also isnt the best. We're considering putting light strips along each cabinet which will improve the look too. We left the rest of the collection in another room because it wouldn't fit into this space as this is part of our bedroom. But it works well and these cabinets all fit in nicely.

IMG_20180409_144439_215.jpg

We moved all the glass cabinets into another room since i last posted pictures. Not the greatest photo because of the angle but you get the idea lol. The lighting also isnt the best. We're considering putting light strips along each cabinet which will improve the look too. We left the rest of the collection in another room because it wouldn't fit into this space as this is part of our bedroom. But it works well and these cabinets all fit in nicely.

View attachment 368918
So was this your decision or this new hunk of yours? Who is changing who? :p Or just freeing up space in living room?

• Thanks
So was this your decision or this new hunk of yours? Who is changing who? :p Or just freeing up space in living room?
Basically him and his two girls will be moving in with me and my three kids so i said his eldest could use that room and we'd move everything into the extra space in the bedroom. Its a huge bedroom lol. My other half is a big geeky nerd like me so its awesome

I enjoy waking up to both :D Your collection is beyond epic dude mines nowhere near as good as yours but im happy with it :)
A collection doesn't have to be as big as mine to be good. I think the best collections should be beautifully presented and make you happy every time you see it... You nailed it with this display. It's like looking at a pop culture museum. Congrats.

• Thanks
A collection doesn't have to be as big as mine to be good. I think the best collections should be beautifully presented and make you happy every time you see it... You nailed it with this display. It's like looking at a pop culture museum. Congrats.
Thank you, really appreciate it :)