District 9 (Blu-ray Steelbook Futureshop Exclusive) [Canada]

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
According to Ian from FS, it is planned to release on Decemeber 29th.

1 day from my Birthday! I know what I want now!

Attachments

• district9.jpg
    district9.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 214
Last edited by a moderator:
I am just getting the good old regular BD, however that would be cool. I know what I am getting for my B-day and I couldn't afford to spend more lol

Last edited:
I really liked this film and I think this SB is awesome (If the artwork is correct) so with luck and Glen-Bob´s help I´ll make me a birthday present as well (jan 7th).

of course I'm here for ya guys. I really don't see the appeal of these things tho. then again all the cases for my DVD's and Blu's are in storage, lol.

Well, the thing is in Spain Blu-rays are veeery expensive, a new release costs 30€ which is 45$ American. So, apart from being cheaper I get the Steelbook as an extra which I will always prefer to a standard plastic case. thx for you help again.

Ive only heard good things of the film, and I like the look plus I like the appeal of the movies doubling in collector value so long as other countries dont mass release same said movie.

Ive only heard good things of the film, and I like the look plus I like the appeal of the movies doubling in collector value so long as other countries dont mass release same said movie.

I guess Ian mentioned that the run was 4,000 :scat: and with the UK release having the blu band and possible printed on ratings logos, this FS one will surely have the highest collector value ;)

I guess Ian mentioned that the run was 4,000 :scat: and with the UK release having the blu band and possible printed on ratings logos, this FS one will surely have the highest collector value ;)

I wonder how they pulled off a 4k limit... maybe 4k on a future release as well ... *shrug*

Aren't the frenchies getting this one tho too.

I wonder how they pulled off a 4k limit... maybe 4k on a future release as well ... *shrug*

Aren't the frenchies getting this one tho too.

Oh yeah..and the artwork on theirs in pretty bad a$$. But knowing them, forced subs and region locked..wait, maybe not cause i don't think its TF1 :confused:

How many steelbooks does France actually have though that are region free and no forced subs?? Although, i guess that doesn't really matter..and the different artwork i'm sure is appealing to everyone and since many collectors don't open their steels :twisted:, forced subs wouldn't really matter that much.

Hi, new here!

Just wanted to say that I received the HMV UK steelbook of District 9 today and can confirm it is the same as the one pictured in this thread - no blu band and no ratings logo. The movie details are on a removable card just the same. The only difference seems to be the writing on the front of the card, which is star ratings/quotes from UK newspapers.

:D

Hi, new here!

Just wanted to say that I received the HMV UK steelbook of District 9 today and can confirm it is the same as the one pictured in this thread - no blu band and no ratings logo. The movie details are on a removable card just the same. The only difference seems to be the writing on the front of the card, which is star ratings/quotes from UK newspapers.

Oh nice! no ratings logos and no blu band should be nice! Enjoy yours buddy!

I hope GB gets ours too! :ohno:

Hi, new here!

Oh wow, I guess its the french one that will be the only different one. I must admit :emb: I like the blue bands :)