Divergent - in theaters March 21st, 2014 [US]

ash333

s'Mod
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Mar 3, 2011
Seattle, WA, USA
From IMDB:

Beatrice Prior, a teenager with a special mind, finds her life threatened when an authoritarian leader seeks to exterminate her kind in her effort to seize control of their divided society.

Director: Neil Burger
Writers: Evan Daugherty (screenplay), Vanessa Taylor (screenplay)
Stars: Kate Winslet, Shailene Woodley, Theo James, Ray Stevenson, Maggie Q

Trailer:

Attachments

• MV5BMTYxMzYwODE4OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDE5MzE2MDE@._V1_SX214_.jpg
    MV5BMTYxMzYwODE4OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDE5MzE2MDE@._V1_SX214_.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 93
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Drum18
Getting so-so review bump... doesn't look good for the planned trilogy...

Last edited:
Going to see this today for free, thanks to the movie cash from the Best Buy Hunger Games Steelbooks :thumbs::)

I thought it was pretty entertaining. Definitely more violent than Hunger Games, if you want to compare the two. I'm sure we'll all be clamoring for a steelbook when it gets released :naughty:

Haven't seen this yet, I know the wife wants to see it... maybe this weekend I'll take her :thumbs:

http://www.thewrap.com/divergent-box-office/

Looks like Lionsgate has greenlit the Sequel, ‘Insurgent’ and is expected to hit theaters on March 20, 2015.

“We're off to a great start with strong numbers from all regions of the country, urban, suburban and rural alike,” Lionsgate chief executive officer Jon Feltheimer said in a statement. ”We're confident that ‘Divergent' is on its way to becoming another important franchise for us, and we have just greenlit the second film, ‘Insurgent.'”

Lionsgate always envisioned “Divergent” as the first film in a franchise. Last December, the studio announced planned release dates for future films in what it hopes will one day become a trilogy. “Insurgent” is expected to hit theaters on March 20, 2015, while the third installment, “Allegiant,” would debut on March 18, 2016.

:movie:

I thought it was pretty entertaining. Definitely more violent than Hunger Games, if you want to compare the two. I'm sure we'll all be clamoring for a steelbook when it gets released :naughty:

You thought this was more violent than HG. I thought they were on par. The one saving grace IMO was that it was not action every minute. I dislike when movies are always just action and no real plot development. The problem with this compared to HG, again IMO, is that those scenes were Tris is just lovey dovey with Four set to a Ellie Goulding soundtrack

I dunno I just feel that HG is a bit more adult comparatively

Haven't seen this yet, I know the wife wants to see it... maybe this weekend I'll take her :thumbs:

http://www.thewrap.com/divergent-box-office/

Looks like Lionsgate has greenlit the Sequel, ‘Insurgent’ and is expected to hit theaters on March 20, 2015.

:movie:

Hmm, well it will be interesting to see how much of a budget they get.
HG1: 80 million budget
HG2: 130-140 million budget
HG3 (1+2): 250 million shared budget

Divergent: 80 million budget

I wonder if they will throw the extra money or if they will keep it to the same budget. Though having read the books I'm not entirely sure they really need a ton more for effects based on what is likely needed

I really enjoyed this. I like that Lionsgates has already greenlit Insurgent.

Just like I did with Twilight and The Hunger Games...I'm gonna collect the **** out of this series.

Last edited:
Reactions: bloodsnake007