Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: March 6, 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £24.99
Notes: This steelbook has the title on the spine.

11355402-2804450968512937.jpg

11355402-2124450968749505.jpg
11355402-4354450969197693.jpg
11355402-6484450968333585.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Zavvi have just confirmed on twitter that this WILL have the title on the spine. They posted it about an hour or so ago.

I was then reading a conversation they had on twitter with someone and they said they had a lot of questions because of the Spanish steel.
That was me most likely I posted on twitter earlier today about the Spanish Steelbook and also sent them a private message on twitter

I hope there right about the title as in Zavvi own words there be riots if not :rofl:

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: lgans316 and Kizza
@paulboland :LOL: yep that sounds like you
Zavvi sent me a reply to my private message

This was the reply
Hi Paul - While we don't have any in-house to check just yet. All the artwork sent over by Marvel and all the info we have confirms that it will have the title on the spine!

That reply to me means they just going by photos Marvel/Disney provided for the website
I rather see them post actual in hand photo to put customers at ease

Reactions: lgans316 and Kizza
I'd be very surprised if it doesn't have the title on. They have obviously negotiated with Disney as all of the new Disney releases are listed as having titles on.

Friends, it is always the same...
Always 10-20 pages in the thread about "to be or not to be" titles on the spine...
And always (some last years) = no titles on the spine on WWA Disney's Steelbooks
after that...

Guys, maybe is enough to believe in pre-art-fairy-tales?))) :watch:

Canadian and USA Steelbooks in this question was our "last hope"
concernig the titles on the spine's of Disney's Steels...
If it is a question of a principle for someone...
But, this chance can be lost soon too, as we can see...

For example, the title on the spine concretely on this mentioned Steelbook,
as for me, it is not necessary...

Or, if releasers are really "fighting" concerning this question - we will

see the great returning of the titles
(I want it, but I do not believe it, lol)...

Last edited:
It looks to be the same case with the Rogue One steelbook... all other European countries show no title on the spine, whilst the UK's does. I guess that goes to show that us Brits probably moaned about the lack of title the most (we're good at doing that :p), hence the change.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Basil
You're wrong: all EU releases of Doctor Strange (GER, ITA, SPA, FRA) show a spine with title, but we know that the spanish one got no title; the question iss: why should every other EU release be different?

See you The spanish spine

I think what Bradipolpo is saying, is that all the mock-ups were shown with a title on the spine, and that now we've seen the real Spanish one we know it doesn't have the spine title.

Paul was saying that the Zavvi one will have a title on the spine, as it's been confirmed. Sure, the mock-up on Zavvi's site is the same one as used on every other EU retailer's one (which as stated aren't getting a title).

I agree with you

I think what Bradipolpo is saying, is that all the mock-ups were shown with a title on the spine, and that now we've seen the real Spanish one we know it doesn't have the spine title.

Paul was saying that the Zavvi one will have a title on the spine, as it's been confirmed. Sure, the mock-up on Zavvi's site is the same one as used on every other EU retailer's one (which as stated aren't getting a title).
That's exactly what I said, and what I wrote

Bear in mind, looking at the Spanish mock up (the title is a completely different design, ie it is smaller with Doctor and Strange above/below each other, the German one has the same spine title as the UK zavvi one. The Spanish one maybe a poor early mock up and not final.

I'm looking at the Amazon listings from each country.

I think we'll get a better idea of what is going on when these drop on the doormat next week hopefully.

I still hold out that our UK zavvi one will have the title, just too many other releases from Marvel/Disney with the same trend lately for this to be a complete balls up.....:rolleyes:

It states on Zavvi's site it has a spine title, they even posted it on facebook a month or so back, how hard is it for people to understand that?

Maybe the zavvi conspiracy theorists think zavvi are trying to piss off its steelbook customers for a laugh?

It states on Zavvi's site it has a spine title, they even posted it on facebook a month or so back, how hard is it for people to understand that?

Maybe the zavvi conspiracy theorists think zavvi are trying to piss off its steelbook customers for a laugh?

Zavvi has got it wrong in the past...

Reactions: goufcustom
Zavvi has got it wrong in the past...

Agreed, but the final mock up clearly shows a title, and they have advertised it with having a title on more than one social media platform on quite a few occasions.

No point people worrying until they have it in hand or have at least seen pics, as for now it looks like it will indeed have a title.

• Thanks
Reactions: HUBMUSWELL
Agreed, but the final mock up clearly shows a title, and they have advertised it with having a title on more than one social media platform on quite a few occasions.

No point people worrying until they have it in hand or have at least seen pics, as for now it looks like it will indeed have a title.

True :thumbs: I'll leave it to Zavvi to post in hand photos

No conspiracy. Just experience.
I won't go that far to say that Zavvi betray their customers deliberately. But it's possible that they got false product informations from the studios themselves. It wouldn't be the first time.

I am definitely waiting for live photos impatiently :D
I would be happy for the UK ninjas if it's true. Really.