Doctor Strange - In theaters November 4, 2016

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Doctor Strange (2016)

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Fantasy[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Scott Derrickson[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Benedict Cumberbatch[/ACTOR], Rachel McAdams, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Mads Mikkelsen, Tilda Swinton and more...

Plot: After his career is destroyed, a brilliant but arrogant surgeon gets a new lease on life when a sorcerer takes him under his wing and trains him to defend the world against evil.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
image-jpeg.233235
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

From IMDB:
doctor-strange-logo-jpeg.111088

Last edited:
Absolutely stunning film. The first Marvel stoner film lol. The visuals are jawdropping and seriously trippppppy, will look amazing on a well calibrated 3D TV

I'll be going baked then lol

(A mate rang me the other day about it and wants to see it next week and he said "ah we can have a doob before hand" lol I replied with "so the usual for me then" )

Yeah I heard simular reactions. Marvel on mushrooms

Can't wait

I saw it today !

It's beautiful, it's hilarious (well the humour was the only thing my brother didn't like).
Definitely trippy! Great characters and amazing action scenes!

My guilty pleasure in the film :
That cape ! OMG ! Before you had Aladin's carpet, now you have Strange's cape !

Hoping it'll be the same for everyone

Reactions: Flloydo
Saw it yesterday . Even the Hubby enjoyed it .

No spoliers .

My first Marvel Cinema outing since Blade 2 .

I was board stupid with Gardians Of The Galaxy , so much so it put me off Thor Antman Deadpool Cpt America ect .

A leap of faith on the warm fuzzy of a 1978 tv movie I saw as a young teenager. Yes it exists Sir John Mills as the Ancent One and Peter Hooten as Dr Strange .

A LOT more charicture driven than a lot of movies out thire .

The cast is first rate . Mindblowing what a movie should be .

IT WILL be my first premium Marvel Steelbook . YES IT IS THAT GOOD :) .

Reactions: Flloydo
I saw it today !

It's beautiful, it's hilarious (well the humour was the only thing my brother didn't like).
Definitely trippy! Great characters and amazing action scenes!

My guilty pleasure in the film :
That cape ! OMG ! Before you had Aladin's carpet, now you have Strange's cape !

Hoping it'll be the same for everyone

(Non spoiler)

For some reason I put my little review in the U.K. Steel thread (in a spoiler) but like your brother I thought the humour fell massively flat in this. All cucumbersnatches jokes and supposedly funny parts were awful but then he can't do comedy anyway but the visual jokes and things like that were better

Film is amazing though, visual dream and I want some marvel mushrooms

I'm not a fan of cucumbersnatch but he won me over in this. Took a good 20 mins to get used to him but it's a very well made film with epic fights and amazingly trippy visuals

Marvel are so far ahead than DC with their worlds and it seems that marvel do have the Perfect formula, most the time perfect directors and the casts are always top notch. I wish DC would get it right but they just don't and I'm not looking forward to justice league or Wonder Woman but I'll give the batman film a go

• Thanks
Reactions: jeremycanrana
I think it's exactly my kind of humour though. The silly and not really funny kind.
My little brother is 15 and he actually compared it to the humour in Thor The Dark World ... I know some people might have a problem with it lol.

Spoilery details :
The only thing I didn't think was funny was the Beyonce joke but when Wong listened to Beyonce it reminded me of Guardians, so they redeemed themselves with that.

I think the cape might be a bit too much for some. I absolutely loved everything they did with it!

(btw if when I say that my little brother is 15 it's important to take under consideration because anything that's not "deadpool humour" is not to his taste. :p

I think it's exactly my kind of humour though. The silly and not really funny kind.
My little brother is 15 and he actually compared it to the humour in Thor The Dark World ... I know some people might have a problem with it lol.

Spoilery details :
The only thing I didn't think was funny was the Beyonce joke but when Wong listened to Beyonce it reminded me of Guardians, so they redeemed themselves with that.

I think the cape might be a bit too much for some. I absolutely loved everything they did with it!

(btw if when I say that my little brother is 15 it's important to take under consideration because anything that's not "deadpool humour" is not to his taste. :p

Wow, your brother has a good sense of humour for a 15 year old. Considering he would of been around 13 for Thor 2. Right?

And I agree with him lol about Thor 2.
deadpool humour is my kind of humour too (crude and disgusting type)

I'm the same with Thor 2 and the first Thor had the perfect balance but the only thing I found funny in Thor 2 was when you hear Loki go "Ta-daa" but it's very suttle when they break through the secret entrance

And for me it's becasue I don't think eggs benedict can do comedy so the jokes In this are funny but his delivery takes the humour out. Maybe one or 2 moments I sniggered at

Yeah I didn't like the whole, beyonce, drake, Eminem bit but when Wong was listening it also reminded me of guardians and I thought it was funny. And then the visual joke in the background was good too

Cape was awesome. I agree

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: jeremycanrana