Doctor Strange - In theaters November 4, 2016

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Doctor Strange (2016)

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Fantasy[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Scott Derrickson[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Benedict Cumberbatch[/ACTOR], Rachel McAdams, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Mads Mikkelsen, Tilda Swinton and more...

Plot: After his career is destroyed, a brilliant but arrogant surgeon gets a new lease on life when a sorcerer takes him under his wing and trains him to defend the world against evil.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
image-jpeg.233235
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

From IMDB:
doctor-strange-logo-jpeg.111088

Last edited:
@Flloydo
Thor 2 was hilarious at times.
4327195-thor+sliding.gif

Such as this moment in the middle of the big final fight scene!
I know some had huge issues with Dark World but damn I had the best time the first time I saw it !

Only thing I didn't like was Darcy .... I liked her in the first film but giving her more scenes in the 2nd film was a huge mistake to me.

Back to Doctor strange
in the 1st post-credit scene Strange seemed more relaxed than the way Bénédict played him throughout the movie. I think Strange looking awkward when attempting jokes was good because it suits the character at that time.
I need to rewatch this movie !!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Flloydo
@Flloydo
Thor 2 was hilarious at times.
4327195-thor+sliding.gif

Such as this moment in the middle of the big final fight scene!
I know some had huge issues with Dark World but damn I had the best time the first time I saw it !

Only thing I didn't like was Darcy .... I liked her in the first film but giving her more scenes in the 2nd film was a huge mistake to me.

Back to Doctor strange
in the 1st post-credit scene Strange seemed more relaxed than the way Bénédict played him throughout the movie. I think Strange looking awkward when attempting jokes was good because it suits the character at that time.
I need to rewatch this movie !!!

Yeah that bit wasn't too bad. But eccleston was so under used in that film. Don't understand why they cast him. Was barely in it.

Darcy was one of my main issues too, I liked her in the first also but soooooo annoying in the second

But Thor 2 is the weakest link for me in the MCU. Used to be the first cap but i rewatched it after winter soldier and ended up loving It. But then I'm a huge fan of iron man 2 & 3 also lol. Not many are

Yeah he was more relaxed but also did you notice hemsworth seemed a little out of character. Like when he films the p*ss takes of Thor

I just think it's Benedict but that's the good thing about having opposing opinions. Your swaying me a little more your way now lol

Yeah I need to see it again but unfortunely will be when the film is released. And then deleted scenes etc

Oh did you know cucumbersnatch plays 2 people In this film? He's only credited as strange though

He's also Dormammu but only its motion capture. The voice is a uncredited English actor. Bit of trivia

I absolutely loved this. Should have been a bit longer film, but very good. They maybe could have spent more time in his training phase.

I absolutely loved this. Should have been a bit longer film, but very good. They maybe could have spent more time in his training phase.

Just got back from seeing it and it was great! So much fun and the visuals were fantastic!

I completely agree with you @kbr1656 It could have been longer and that training phase needed more time. He went for novice to expert in minutes.
Also I found interesting in an interview with the director recently, he said he cut out a great scene that almost made the movie but it just didn't work tone wise:
It was a scene in the past where Strange's Sister dies. Which explains the Watch that he has and why it means to much to him. It was from her!
Seems like something they should have kept in if you ask me.
All and all I really liked it. Maybe not my favorite Marvel film. But highly enjoyable.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo and kbr1656
Also how full was everyone's theater?
I went to the VERY FIRST IMAX showing in my area and it wasn't sold out. Lots of empty seats.... I'm worried it's not going to do well this weekend.
I don't get it!?

Just got back from seeing it and it was great! So much fun and the visuals were fantastic!

I completely agree with you @kbr1656 It could have been longer and that training phase needed more time. He went for novice to expert in minutes.
Also I found interesting in an interview with the director recently, he said he cut out a great scene that almost made the movie but it just didn't work tone wise:
It was a scene in the past where Strange's Sister dies. Which explains the Watch that he has and why it means to much to him. It was from her!
Seems like something they should have kept in if you ask me.
All and all I really liked it. Maybe not my favorite Marvel film. But highly enjoyable.

Sounds like they should of kept that in

I actually thought it was a gift from McAdams

Lovely watch collection though

@Flloydo @kbr1656 ...its possible I missed that watching the movie and came to my assumptions because I had watched the interview.
Sorry, Maybe it was from her after all.

I watched it again and there is a scene in the middle of training where he looks at the .......

... Broken Watch and it has a message from Christine on the back saying she loves him.

I must of missed that in the film the first time but I did assume it anyway

• Helpful Post
Reactions: kaw