Doctor Strange (Lenticular) (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: October 16, 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi (pre-order 6PM BST Sunday 24th)
Price: £24.99
Notes: Embossing/debossing on front and back

11557668-1904518004558221.jpg

11557668-1614518004778355.jpg
11557668-1954518005076666.jpg

Last edited:
Incredible how this cries for full gloss! Could have been a real winner. So it's just okay judging by the photos. The embossing on the back should have been done as on the front with a complete border and just doctor strange being embossed, looks a bit odd to me

Reactions: lgans316 and K.i.T
Why do they intend to keep giving us washed out, muted crappy finished marvel steels.

Would of looked great with gloss

Incredible how this cries for full gloss!

Why do they intend to keep giving us washed out, muted crappy finished marvel steels. Would of looked great with gloss

If they continue this line of lenticular Marvel steelbooks, and actually gloss one, I wonder who will be the first to say "they glossed it? Oh you rotten :censored:!!!!!!!!! You just :censored: up the continuity of the whole line!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

:rolleyes::D:D:D:D:D:D

• Thanks
Reactions: virkia
So as far as retuning it, what modifications did you have in mind? ;)

Having opened this I must admit that it looks awful like in the pics posted above. The finish is abysmal especially on the back and the Lenticular is hardly showing any movement or depth. Inside artwork and the spine are much better

I am long past the custom glossing days. I sure someone with a steady pair of hands and lacquer spray can give this a grand makeover.

Having opened this I must admit that it looks awful like in the pics posted above. The finish is abysmal especially on the back and the Lenticular is hardly showing any movement or depth. Inside artwork and the spine are much better

I am long past the custom glossing days. I sure someone with a steady pair of hands and lacquer spray can give this a grand makeover.
Maybe a custom build spray device :) The base could be a 3D printer :happy:
But the results will never be same. The gloss is mixed with the ink and then printed. In my quest for making a (Professional) custom steelbook/cover I found out. The prototype I have is done like this.