Doctor Strange (Lenticular) (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: October 16, 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi (pre-order 6PM BST Sunday 24th)
Price: £24.99
Notes: Embossing/debossing on front and back

11557668-1904518004558221.jpg

11557668-1614518004778355.jpg
11557668-1954518005076666.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure what they're going to emboss and deboss there. Not much to work with on both those covers.

Typical zavvi, we finally get embossing and they cover it up with a lenti magnet!!!! :LOL::rofl:

Oh zavvi.......:facepalm:

Not sure what they're going to emboss and deboss there. Not much to work with on both those covers.

Typical zavvi, we finally get embossing and they cover it up with a lenti magnet!!!! :LOL::rofl:

Put the magnet on the Inside. That's what I've done for the ones I own

Could be dr strange debossed, or the things behind him that separate the glass. And embossed title

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian

The curved lines in the window could be potential for bossing and Doc Strange himself maybe?

Really like the inside artwork.

Crikey, two Dr Strange in one year.... zavvi are outdoing themselves with their rereleases :confused:

Completely devalues initial releases when you know the same retailer is going to release another 6 months later.

I like this artwork but if the debossing is only to accommodate the Lenticular magnet then it will be unfortunate. But if the Lenticular magnet is clear except for Dr Strange then we might be onto something

Yes, may as well skip first releases these days on Marvel anyway because your bound to find a better one come out somewhere down the line.

The first releases tend to be questionable artwork. Usually gimmicky or teaser poster like but come collectors would want them.
I personally like both both Guardians' 1st releases, they are original and go nicely with the superior later releases.

• Thanks
Reactions: ghost1
Yes, CIVIL WAR looks stunning . . . this one, to be polite, less so with repetitive boring exterior artwork and muted colours.
At least the spine looks nice blocked in a slither of deep rich red.
upload_2017-9-21_21-59-56.png

With no framing border visible (maybe too early) and a full height (?) lenticular then the only option would be de-bossed titles and the embossing, if any, on the back images.

Both steels would suit a full gloss finish . . . especially CIVIL WAR which would be a contender for "Steelbook of the Year" if treated thus.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: K.i.T
You really should post these on Zavvis Facebook when they announce their artwork. It's not WWA so they could change it if they wanted.

It's just morons on their Facebook posts always tell them what a great job they are doing even if it comes to the worst artwork ever.

Wow this crowd is impossible to please.

Also, hasn't it been said before that Disney has to approve all art?
Wouldn't that mean that Zavvi can't just throw on every tiny detail or choose from 700 posters from around the world?

Correct me if I'm wrong because I'm not sure how it works.

But if I am correct, then why are there always the complaints about how Zavvi blew it or so and so company used the same art when they should have used this poster on the front and that poster on the back and another poster for the inside?

• Thanks
Reactions: neo
I really don't think this is a good alternative to the blufans. In fact I find that insulting

This will be a horrible finish like the rest of them and where the bossing might be ok it will be nothing on the treatment the blufans steel got.

I think the back art should of been something different on this though Imo

Civil war is growing on me more (the front) but it's going to be hugely let down by the finish and a crappy lenti with minimal effect. At least the lenti should be a bit better then this one though, with such a basic image the lenti will have no depth. Can't understand why they can't get better lentis made. We've seen the evidence on some uk steels it can happen (hunger games, hulk, Spider-Man). Plus look at novas age of ultron lenti magnet, it's absolutely amazing

But if I am correct, then why are there always the complaints about how Zavvi blew it or so and so company used the same art when they should have used this poster on the front and that poster on the back and another poster for the inside?

always get people blaming zavvi for the art even though I'm sure they must be aware by now it's the studio.
But then because it's zavvi selling it it's easier to use their name.

"Steelbook of the year"..... give me strength :rofl:

Yup, I declare my Big Mac is beef of the year.... yet I've never tried steak :hilarious: