Doctor Strange (Lenticular) (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: October 16, 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi (pre-order 6PM BST Sunday 24th)
Price: £24.99
Notes: Embossing/debossing on front and back

11557668-1904518004558221.jpg

11557668-1614518004778355.jpg
11557668-1954518005076666.jpg

Last edited:
No. There are so many instances where CA1 (Lenti) and Thor 1 (Lenti) ended higher than the original HMV releases.

You are comparing different releases with different steelbooks. I was talking about a comparison between HMV first release and for example German first release, which are the exact same steelbooks with different J-cards only. I know that the Zavvi lenticular versions and even those without lenti are very sought after. But I don't understand that these plain releases often go for much more money than e.g. the Blufans Premiums.

Zavvi website
Embossing details updated

Front: Embossing of Doctor Strange and Title Treatment

Back: Embossing of Doctor Strange

Probably skip this one like I have with some of them (art isn't good enough imo) but like I just said in the civil war thread I hope they don't include a back border because of the embossed dr strange.
The art don't give enough design for creatively making sections debossed (other than the window but it don't cover the whole of him) to make strange embossed

Do you think they deliberately lifted the Star Trek Into Darkness Steelbook cover design?
No is the answer to that

It's Marvel (Disney) official artwork film posters used to promote the Doctor Strange Film
Doctor Strange standing front and centre in the loft of his Sanctum Sanctorum
doc-strange-Cooper-Hoods-Twitter-640x892.jpg doctor_strange.jpg

Same artwork is used on the back of Blufans steelbook

Last edited:
^ I could be wrong but I don't think @SampleX was being serious with his/her suggestion . . .
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyway, even this would've been more interesting for the back:-
1c21acfa075e167db9ddad8a5467a776.jpg

. . . and one in the eye for the comic-book art haters for live action superhero films ("Wonder Woman", "Man of Steel" etc.):-
d3648ae858c78f3b901e4b4d445dcdad.jpg

I suppose what we have is acceptable as back art . . . but as front art goes it leaves a lot to be desired. . .
Surely an improvement would be to zoom in the image to give it more of an impact?!:-
doctor-strange-cartel33442.jpg

Last edited:
Hugo Drax . . . a pound to a penny the reference is not to the James Bond "Moonraker" baddie but to the "Guardians of the Galaxy" character (lol) even though this chappie does resemble our man.
upload_2017-9-24_16-37-36.png

Anyway, as an admirer of paulboland, I consider him the most helpful and informative of all the HDN contributors.
He's certainly got a sense of humour and when he wants to share it with either banter and/or gifs he will.

• Thanks
Reactions: paulboland
Paul don't understand sarcasm, banter or just jokes in general :LOL:

Parodies & satire must really mess him up :D

He's one of a kind
I do understand sarcasm I use it every day but those that know me well over longer period of years most times get it but not always :rofl:
Did it ever occur to you some of my replies is sarcasm the reply itself :LOL:
I learnt my sarcasm from the best Groucho Marx

It's not sarcasm if it's noticeable :p:rofl:

A few of my relations are professional comedy artists and some well known it runs in the family

Last edited:
Hugo Drax . . . a pound to a penny the reference is not to the James Bond "Moonraker" baddie but to the "Guardians of the Galaxy" character (lol) even though this chappie does resemble our man.
View attachment 335463
Anyway, as an admirer of paulboland, I consider him the most helpful and informative of all the HDN contributors.
He's certainly got a sense of humour and when he wants to share it with either banter and/or gifs he will.
I still believe that you are in fact one and the same person.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
same here, prefer poster artwork on steelbooks.
tbh I love the zavvi/filmarena artwork more than the blufans version.

Blufans is still poster art, back and front. Just like this but it's less creative using pretty much the same art

I do understand sarcasm I use it every day but those that know me well over longer period of years most times get it but not always :rofl:
Did it ever occur to you some of my replies is sarcasm the reply itself :LOL:
I learnt my sarcasm from the best Groucho Marx

It's not sarcasm if it's noticeable :p:rofl:

A few of my relations are professional comedy artists and some well known it runs in the family

Lol I've never seen I you post a sarcastic post, usually 10 ways of saying the same thing and a copy and paste from your retailer spreadsheet :LOL:

I still believe that you are in fact one and the same person.

:rofl:

Ffs I can't believe he's broken down the reference and now completely ruined it

• Thanks
Reactions: Mickle_89
Blufans is still poster art, back and front. Just like this but it's less creative using pretty much the same art

Lol I've never seen I you post a sarcastic post, usually 10 ways of saying the same thing and a copy and paste from your retailer spreadsheet :LOL:

:rofl:

Ffs I can't believe he's broken down the reference and now completely ruined it
Your then not good at seeing sarcasm which is the whole point of it not to notice and to think is someone being serious :LOL:

giphy.gif giphy-downsized.gif

I know, but blufans used a poster art that isnt that great, just my opinion. zavvi / filmarena have chosen the better one.

The better option is back art which is the same as blufans (the teaser poster). The front is just boring and lazy repeated design with strange facing forwards

(Zavvi and film arena haven't chose anything)

Your then not good at seeing sarcasm which is the whole point of it not to notice and to think is someone being serious :LOL:

View attachment 335464 View attachment 335465

I'm afraid you don't understand sarcasm then. Because it's supposed to be noticeable and p*ss take