Release date: March 20, 2017
Purchase link: Doctor Who: Series 1
Price: £24.99

91F9uNr4I+L._SL1500_.jpg

91M-l5X9rpL._SL1500_.jpg

91kFU5l165L._SL1500_.jpg

81xzRpCHyoL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a nice idea but a lot of doctor who fans probably already have these on DVD and then probably bluray already it's a lot to ask people to pay again for these and it's going to be a lot of steelbooks at a large price.

Been eagerly awaiting this announcement. Hope they do them all, and don't forget about the Tenant specials and the 50th Anniversary. Maybe even a new steelbook for series 9? I had the original on preorder but cancelled at the last minute. Mistake! The prices are now astronomical on eBay.

Weird!
When I checked out it rang up £20.83!!
With shipping to U.S. a total of £23.91!
Nice!:)
That's because you live in USA VAT was removed
Customers in USA don't pat VAT as in Value added Tax when ordering from Amazon UK and Amazon European Websites

I know that, of course - but why was the VAT part of the LIST price? They usually don't do that.
All prices on Amazon UK and Amazon European website listings include VAT as does most other UK and European retailer websites it's a requirement
List price £24.99 includes VAT as part of the price and is required by law to list actual price inclusive of VAT

When you place a order Amazon UK and Amazon European Websites they then remove the VAT at checkout as in actual payment required as you live in USA
Note Third Party Sellers most don't do this it's only when Amazon is the seller VAT is removed for customers living outside the European Union

Tax inclusive pricing rules
UK Shops and UK online Websites must display the full and final price of goods for sale in GBP, including Value Added Tax (VAT), and any other taxes or charges.
European Shops and Online Websites must display Euro price inclusive of VAT when the currency is Euro for that country

If the price in a shop doesn’t include VAT, then the shop is misleading consumers and breaking the law. However, for services like your telephone and electricity bills, the VAT can legally be shown separately, as long as the total amount is clear.

Certain service providers such as dry cleaners are not legally required to display their prices or charges. Where they do quote a price, they must give the final price, inclusive of taxes and charges.

Printed ads for the theatre and concerts must show the admission price and any additional charges like booking fees, separately. In all other forms of advertising, the admission price must be given along with any additional charges which may apply in certain circumstances.

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: C.C. 95 and K.i.T
Just saw this. Thirty seconds later ordered! Wheeeeeeee!!.....

And this time I'm not going to let some unexpected bill or other March calamity force me to cancel a Who steelbook.

All prices on Amazon UK and Amazon European website listings include VAT as does most other UK and European retailer websites it's a requirement
List price £24.99 includes VAT as part of the price and is required by law to list actual price inclusive of VAT

When you place a order Amazon UK and Amazon European Websites they then remove the VAT at checkout as in actual payment required as you live in USA
Note Third Party Sellers most don't do this it's only when Amazon is the seller VAT is removed for customers living outside the European Union

Tax inclusive pricing rules
UK Shops and UK online Websites must display the full and final price of goods for sale in GBP, including Value Added Tax (VAT), and any other taxes or charges.
European Shops and Online Websites must display Euro price inclusive of VAT when the currency is Euro for that country

If the price in a shop doesn’t include VAT, then the shop is misleading consumers and breaking the law. However, for services like your telephone and electricity bills, the VAT can legally be shown separately, as long as the total amount is clear.

Certain service providers such as dry cleaners are not legally required to display their prices or charges. Where they do quote a price, they must give the final price, inclusive of taxes and charges.

Printed ads for the theatre and concerts must show the admission price and any additional charges like booking fees, separately. In all other forms of advertising, the admission price must be given along with any additional charges which may apply in certain circumstances.
I have been ordering from Amazon.co.uk for years, and I could swear the vat was never part of list price, but part of the Tax tally at the end at checkout...hmmm. I'll pay closer attention on next checkout - maybe I am imagining that.
;)

Certainly ordering from amazon.com has changed big time. Only a few years back you got a genuine pound/dollar exchange rate but now whatever you buy is matched in pound sterling and usually more. So if the item is say $16, you'll end up paying at least £20 or more. I know I checked out amazon.com orders I did from 10 years ago and I'm amazed how cheap it was to buy then but that changed around 2008. With Amazon uk about 3 years ago the prices certainly rose for a while and it's only in the past 18 months I've been able to get good deals on buys from both amazon.co.uk and their European branches again.

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95
I have been ordering from Amazon.co.uk for years, and I could swear the vat was never part of list price, but part of the Tax tally at the end at checkout...hmmm. I'll pay closer attention on next checkout - maybe I am imagining that.
;)
It's always been that way on Amazon UK and other UK and European Websites it's the law
Price must include VAT as part of the price listed same rules as if you went into a high street shop and saw a item for sale and looked at the price tag on the item your interested in purchasing.

It cant be misleading as to what the price is by customer going to the checkout and been asked to pay more than the advertised price bar one exception a pricing error on the price tag.

USA is different system you have taxes added at checkout in some states and also different in some other countries outside of the European Union.

Last edited:
Reactions: C.C. 95
I'm in two minds still

I really would have liked to see the artwork up to at least Series 4 and maybe the Tennant specials