Release date: March 20, 2017
Purchase link: Doctor Who: Series 1
Price: £24.99

91F9uNr4I+L._SL1500_.jpg

91M-l5X9rpL._SL1500_.jpg

91kFU5l165L._SL1500_.jpg

81xzRpCHyoL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know if this is Region B locked or Region free? Where the previous Who Steelbooks Region locked?
No idea, I'm afraid - and no indication on the packaging nor the discs themselves. Even Blu-Ray.com just lists it as "Region B (A, C untested)".

Received today in a standard A1 cardboard mailer! EEK! (n)

This is the THIRD steelbook in a row I've received from Amazon UK in a flimsy A1 mailer, and so the third time in a row that I have complained quite loudly to them about it! :banghead:

Thankfully, all three were received unscathed, but... that's not the point. :angry:

P1020436.JPG

Last edited:

This is the THIRD steelbook in a row I've received from Amazon UK in a flimsy A1 mailer, and so the third time in a row that I have complained quite loudly to them about it! :banghead:

Thankfully, all three were received unscathed, but... that's not the point. :angry:

View attachment 301356
Just had a response from Amazon UK:

"... the packaging methods we use have typically proven over time to protect item effectively. We take full responsibility for the safe delivery of your order, and if your order is damaged in any way, we’ll replace it free of charge."

Reactions: K.i.T
"... the packaging methods we use have typically proven over time to protect item effectively. We take full responsibility for the safe delivery of your order, and if your order is damaged in any way, we’ll replace it free of charge."

Assuming that a replacement is available!

At least Amazon will process a replacement order for you straight away instead of some zompanies that wait for your returned item to arrive in their warehouse before sending out a replacement...

• Thanks
Reactions: K.i.T
Just had a response from Amazon UK:

Cost cutting!

Exactly!
At least Amazon will process a replacement order for you straight away instead of some zompanies that wait for your returned item to arrive in their warehouse before sending out a replacement...
That's true - was caught out by that once. The steelbook in question was still showing as in stock when I returned the damaged one, only for it to sell out in the meantime, so ended up with a refund and going to the bay to get hold of a copy!
Cost cutting!
I'm sure!
That made me laugh. :)
Why? Amazon always ask for feedback on their packaging, so I have provided it. :)

View attachment 301356

You upload a picture of the packaging but don't upload one of the item itself??

Okaayyy...o_O

I got my despatch notification on Saturday, but I won't be able to get it in hand for at least a month as I've sent it to my Sisters.

Reactions: paulboland

View attachment 301356
Is it embossed I see a border frame :giggle::rofl:

Can we have a photo of the steelbook itself :LOL:

You upload a picture of the packaging but don't upload one of the item itself??

Okaayyy...o_O

I got my despatch notification on Saturday, but I won't be able to get it in hand for at least a month as I've sent it to my Sisters.
Fair point! Let me see what I can do when I get home tonight!
Is it embossed I see a border frame :giggle::rofl:

Can we have a photo of the steelbook itself :LOL:
The postman does quite a good job of trying to emboss anything he fires through my letterbox!

Anyway, I shall try and post some pics tonight (especially as I am then away on business for the rest of the week, so if I don't do it tonight it will have to wait until next weekend).

The postman does quite a good job of trying to emboss anything he fires through my letterbox!

Anyway, I shall try and post some pics tonight (especially as I am then away on business for the rest of the week, so if I don't do it tonight it will have to wait until next weekend).
OK, not the best pics I'm afraid. Finish is similar to the Series 9 set, which I have pictured side by side in the first couple of pics for comparison:
P1020438.JPG P1020439.JPG P1020440.JPG P1020441.JPG

These two released so far look so great that I really hope they keep going & release the rest of the series with similar artwork.
I'd even take just up till the end of David Tennant's run & then maybe The Day of the Doctor special.

No worries mate! :LOL: Just struck me as a bit odd, that's all. Cheers for the pictures.

Its a shame I've got to wait until I've got the time to go down there to get mine.

This steelbook is a gem. Hats off to the BBC for commisioning a brand new artwork, rather than using something from their archives. I'd love to see this series continue.