Doctor Who: Series 10 (Blu-ray SteelBook) [Amazon.co.uk Exclusive]

Release date: November 13, 2017
Purchase link: Amazon
Price: £47.99

816UHi+vxUL._SL1500_.jpg

91V3rDnJJHL._SL1500_.jpg

Spoke with Artist Alice X. Zhang today at New York Comic Con, and she confirmed that BBC commissioned her to do the artwork on the Doctor Who: Series 10 Steelbook.

Here is the front/back artwork of which she created.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd advise anyone who's not aware of this UK science fiction to pick up series 10 and enjoy.

This takes you on a rollercoaster of loops and twists, with the effects worthy in many instances of the big screen.

A massive cult following here, and whom many say series 10 was the best ever written.

A must see, enjoy the experience.

• Thanks
Reactions: jeremycanrana
Yes absolutely... but a little kind of unexcited as we don't know for sure that series 3 onwards will be coming out (in a reasonable time frame too), including a re-issue series 9 with Alice X. Zhang artwork. Looking good though for series 10.

I'd be happy with Seasons 1-4 on steelbook. Not bothered about the rest. I know they are upscales but still impressive quality for all that.

Steelbooks for seasons 3 and onwards are dependent on sales for the first two seasons, according to the artist who was commisioned to do the artwork (Lee Binding). To be honest, I'm surprised series 1 & 2 on steelbook haven't sold out already... Dr Who has a huge following and these steels have exclusive (not to mention bloody gorgeous) artwork, making them unique collector's items. I wonder what the print run is? Series 2 is being sold by several retailers so perhaps they went for a higher run and slightly overestimated demand. Anyway, fingers crossed they will eventually sell out. I'd love to see every series get the steelbook treatment.

Steelbooks for seasons 3 and onwards are dependent on sales for the first two seasons, according to the artist who was commisioned to do the artwork (Lee Binding). To be honest, I'm surprised series 1 & 2 on steelbook haven't sold out already... Dr Who has a huge following and these steels have exclusive (not to mention bloody gorgeous) artwork, making them unique collector's items. I wonder what the print run is? Series 2 is being sold by several retailers so perhaps they went for a higher run and slightly overestimated demand. Anyway, fingers crossed they will eventually sell out. I'd love to see every series get the steelbook treatment.

Add the fact the discs are region locked which takes out a huge chunk of the US market for the steels. Swapping discs for one movie is fine, but for a whole season it's pushing it.

It's not listed as a Amazon exclusive so I expect to see other UK retailers soon list available to order

Amazon listing the RRP price and price will drop before release date

Yes, love the way they're keeping these consistent with the "Painted Art" covers . . . S. 1 & 2 + S. 9 & 10 . . . first two by Lee Binding + last two by Alice Zhang . . . maybe meeting in the middle w/ Series' 3 - 5 by Binding and Series' 6 - 8 by Zhang (lol)?

Anyway, looking forward to filling in the gaps . . .
Series 1 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Series 2 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Series 3 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
upload_2017-10-12_15-53-41.png
upload_2017-10-12_15-54-43.png
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Series 4 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Series 5 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Series 6 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Series 7 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Series 8 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Series 9 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
upload_2017-10-12_15-58-3.png

Series 10
upload_2017-10-12_16-18-26.png

Shame it won't include the Christmas episode. Would have liked to have all the episodes in this issue. Will they release the Christmas episode in a separate steel to get more money and as a farewell to Mr Capaldi? Knowing the BBC, it's highly likely.

Price will drop :rofl:

Surely you know by now Amazon always list rrp price first and then later real price will be listed with various price drops by release date

Pre order price promise covers you if you order now for later cheapest price