Starling

Premium Supporter
May 5, 2012
London
Release date: 3rd July 2017
Purchase link:
Zavvi
Amazon UK
Zoom https://www.zoom.co.uk/product/doctor_who_series_2_limited_edition_steelbook_blu_ray

Price: £27.99
Note: Includes 4 bonus art cards

51vah43aYoL._SY400_.jpg

41V7OIoxdTL._SY400_.jpg
41JWbXuCCAL._SY400_.jpg

Last edited:
Effing beautiful.

IN.

Have pre-ordered from Amazon and Zavvi for now, will definitely cancel my order from the former if they don't lower the price.
Same here. I've notified Amazon that Zavvi are currently listing it for £7 cheaper than them, so let's see whether they act upon that or not...

upload_2017-6-2_16-15-27.png

Yup, indubitably a "Catch 22" situation . . . do you drop 60 quid on seasons 1 & 2 steelbooks and hope for a re-issue of the Amazon exclusive Alice X. Zhang 2016 Christmas Special S.9 steelbook (if you weren't quick enough to pick it up originally) or hold off on these two until confirmation is received that sales are good and that the other seasons will be released in steelbooks and S. 9 re-issued ?
While waiting the risk of course is that the necessary "good sales" for S. 2 will make it sell out hence resolving the matter in the most unsatisfactory way possible . . .

On the other hand S.9 is not from the hand of Lee Binding (the artist behind S. 1 & 2) so he will probably do his own version of S. 9 "depending on sales" of S. 3 - 8 which of course depends on sales of S 1 & 2.
Yikes!

Last edited:
Amazon has literally 10s of 1000s of listings and likely just dont realise Zavvi are currently cheaper. In the past i have found them to be fiercely competative over price. I have contacted them this afternoon informing them of Zavvi's current deal. Watch this space... I would be certain that Amazon will update the price very soon to match or even beat Zavvi. I guarentee it.

Amazon has literally 10s of 1000s of listings and likely just dont realise Zavvi are currently cheaper. In the past i have found them to be fiercely competative over price. I have contacted them this afternoon informing them of Zavvi's current deal. Watch this space... I would be certain that Amazon will update the price very soon to match or even beat Zavvi. I guarentee it.
I informed them of Zavvi's price as soon as it went up for pre-order last week, but they haven't reacted to it as yet...

With just over a week till release and no sign of a price drop from Amazon, cancelled order (also filled in reason for cancellation) and re-ordered from Zoom.

Reactions: Shane Dale