Starling

Premium Supporter
May 5, 2012
London
Release date: 3rd July 2017
Purchase link:
Zavvi
Amazon UK
Zoom https://www.zoom.co.uk/product/doctor_who_series_2_limited_edition_steelbook_blu_ray

Price: £27.99
Note: Includes 4 bonus art cards

51vah43aYoL._SY400_.jpg

41V7OIoxdTL._SY400_.jpg
41JWbXuCCAL._SY400_.jpg

Last edited:
With just over a week till release and no sign of a price drop from Amazon, cancelled order (also filled in reason for cancellation) and re-ordered from Zoom.
I've told them twice now about the Zavvi and Zoom prices, but it still hasn't made any difference...

• Thanks
Reactions: bigfub
I have to say series 10 is knocking it out of the park. The story lines, the acting, the drama and characters, all right up there as possibly the best series of all.

Well done all involved.

• Thanks
Reactions: bigfub and jitstark
Despatch email received today from Zoom:

"Your order was despatched on 03 July 2017."

Headed up: "Free Fast UK Delivery!".

Well, it certainly was, as I received it today via Royal Mail (24 hour service)! Perhaps they had access to a TARDIS?!

However, although the label on the outside of the package states "03-07-2017", the Delivery Note inside is actually dated 30-06-2017. So perhaps the label on the outside means delivery by end of 03-07-2017, which would be one working day after actual despatch (30-06-2017). Not that I'm complaining about receiving sooner than expected, you understand...

I really appreciate the level of care and attention that goes into the creation of these Doctor Who steelbooks. It's great to see bespoke artwork being used, as opposed to the recycling of older promotional art.

For those interested, the process for creating the gorgeous series 2 artwork is detailed here: https://twitter.com/i/moments/883742948311146496

I really hope the series 1 & 2 steelbooks sell enough copies to justify a continuation of the series.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: K.i.T